Taco Charlton would have been the pick IF Charles Harris was not available in Round 1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taco Charlton would have been the pick IF Charles Harris was not available in Round 1

Tiko377

Active Roster
Reaction score
Tough call though. If Harris was picked already means that someone else in the first 21 would have also been available. Who knows who that could have been?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. I believe it was Barnett, Harris or Taco at 22, no matter what. Which is probably why we didn't even consider trading down.

Thank God, nothing special about Taco. Harris has the explosive traits you want in rd 1.

hey, the way I look at it is that for whatever reasons our front office people loved Harris. He may or may not be a stud but at least they weren't whimsy pansy and fluttered with a decision. I think as a group they are making some great decisions this past year. Live and die by the sword I guess...refreshing though.

Still Luke warm on the Harris pick but if this is true he gets bonus points for helping us dodge a bullet.

Tough call though. If Harris was picked already means that someone else in the first 21 would have also been available. Who knows who that could have been?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's kind of where my head is at. If Harris had been picked, who would have fallen?

Speaking in certainties Taco would have been the choice says the team was taking a DE #1 regardless of who was left on the board. Not sure the reason for that mindset after trading for Haynes and re-signing Branch and still having value in Round 2/3 with other players if the pick was more forward thinking of a future need in 1-2 years.

Taco = Odrick

Not a bad player, starter rotational guy, but he just doesn't bring the 'bend/pow/get-off' to me like Harris.

I'm happy with how this draft has panned out so far. Trade up, grab the best remaining G/C. Whatever pick(s) thats left over is house money.

Well, then thank goodness we got Harris.

Taco gave me indigestion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom