Take a running back in the middle of the draft? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Take a running back in the middle of the draft?

Fin_Frenzy_84

Starter
Reaction score
What do you guys think...
Daniel Thomas is our power back but what about speed.
I like Reggie but im just not sure about him and I dont know if we will give him another shot.

Some Running Backs with decent speed that are projected to come out as of now is

Cyrus Gray Texas A&M Projected 2-3
Doug Martin Boise Projected 3
Isaiah Pead Cincy Projected 3-4
Bobby Rainey WKU Projected 5

There is also Jeff Demps but im not too sure about him...

I seen Bobby Rainey play live against MTSU this year and this guy is a beast. He has some speed and his legs are pretty big and defenders tend to bounce off his legs when they try to tackle him.

I'm ok with taking a RB with speed to compliment DT in the middle rounds. Being a Gators fan,i'm partial to either Rainey or Demps,as both have serious speed,Demps especially,that kid catches gears with a serious quickness.

I'm ok with taking a RB with speed to compliment DT in the middle rounds. Being a Gators fan,i'm partial to either Rainey or Demps,as both have serious speed,Demps especially,that kid catches gears with a serious quickness.
I agree but the two issues I seen for them is size. I like Demps more than Rainey. Rainey seems to run with the ball not tucked in which worries me at times. Also im not quite sure since I dont keep up with the gators but does demps have a injury problem? Or does Rainey? If they do and they are small that really does worry me. If not though I would be glad to take demps because I do love his speed.

I agree but the two issues I seen for them is size. I like Demps more than Rainey. Rainey seems to run with the ball not tucked in which worries me at times. Also im not quite sure since I dont keep up with the gators but does demps have a injury problem? Or does Rainey? If they do and they are small that really does worry me. If not though I would be glad to take demps because I do love his speed.
I know they've both missed some games due to being injured,not many that i'm aware of. I missed the Gators 2 games against Bama&LSU,but i know that both were held to under a 100 yards rushing by the defenses of those 2 teams,then again,nobody's been able to run on Bama or LSU. Last Gators game i watched was against Kentucky,and they both went well over a 100 in that game,and Rainey got hurt during that game,took a few plays off,but still played,and was a beast,as was Demps. You said their size is an issue for you,and i can see where you're coming from there,but look at Darren Sproles,he's on the smallish side,but still produces. If our next GM or HC takes one of them in a middle round,they won't be asked to be an every down back,just a complimentary speed back for DT,and i'm perfectly fine with that.

No, so far i do not see a running back in the draft worth worring about. Our running backs are fine, not great but good enough to not worry about the position. We need to fill other holes and make our offense more effective throwing the ball. Unless Charles Clay start showing something this draft has some good receiving TEs and we should take advantage of it. QB, Tackle, TE and Pass rusher we need to put way ahead of RB.

No, so far i do not see a running back in the draft worth worring about. Our running backs are fine, not great but good enough to not worry about the position. We need to fill other holes and make our offense more effective throwing the ball. Unless Charles Clay start showing something this draft has some good receiving TEs and we should take advantage of it. QB, Tackle, TE and Pass rusher we need to put way ahead of RB.
There's also FS,LG,&RG,but it also won't hurt to get a complimentary speed back for DT.

I'm actually real good with Thomas, Bush, Slaton, Grigsby and Hilliard going forward at RB.

Position focuses for me are:

QB, pass rushing OLB (assuming we stick in a 3-4), OT, TE, FS, OG (2 of em) and NT.

I'd draft my QB, OLB, TE, OL and a NT. Free Agency would be FS and a OL.

I'm content (content meaning understanding that you can't fix everything in one year) with our DE, ILB, CB, RB, WR, LS, K and P. I'm also good with Soliai if we can resign at a reasonable rate but I still want another NT drafted.

I'm actually real good with Thomas, Bush, Slaton, Grigsby and Hilliard going forward at RB.

Position focuses for me are:

QB, pass rushing OLB (assuming we stick in a 3-4), OT, TE, FS, OG (2 of em) and NT.

I'd draft my QB, OLB, TE, OL and a NT. Free Agency would be FS and a OL.

I'm content (content meaning understanding that you can't fix everything in one year) with our DE, ILB, CB, RB, WR, LS, K and P. I'm also good with Soliai if we can resign at a reasonable rate but I still want another NT drafted.

Im down with your draft and FA but I would switch OLB and FS... I do not like the LB's in this class at all. I would much rather draft a FS and get a OLB in FA

Im down with your draft and FA but I would switch OLB and FS... I do not like the LB's in this class at all. I would much rather draft a FS and get a OLB in FA

I just think we need an experienced leader back there. I think we can find a specialized pass rusher in the draft, not as confident in finding an upgrade over Clemmons or Jones, but I'm sure there is one out there. Could change my mind as we move closer.

I'm a bsu homer but I really think Doug Martin can be a steal in the 4th-5th round.

if an RB is BPA you do have to consider taking an RB, BUT to me you need a good compliment to DT.

I understand that theory, but the first 3 rounds, we need to stay away from RB IMO . . . you gotta factor in some need on day 1 and day 2. Day 3 . . . BPA all the way.

But I do understand. For example, if you have Lamar Miller ranked 17th on your big board and he is available with the first pick in round 2 and the rest of your board is compiled of 2nd round grades . . . I can't knock taking the RB, but personally I am fine with our guys.

I understand that theory, but the first 3 rounds, we need to stay away from RB IMO . . . you gotta factor in some need on day 1 and day 2. Day 3 . . . BPA all the way.

But I do understand. For example, if you have Lamar Miller ranked 17th on your big board and he is available with the first pick in round 2 and the rest of your board is compiled of 2nd round grades . . . I can't knock taking the RB, but personally I am fine with our guys.

See a Lamar Miller wouldn't bother me. He's not a great compliment to DT, but he's not a clone either

See a Lamar Miller wouldn't bother me. He's not a great compliment to DT, but he's not a clone either

Yea, which is why I had to backtrack on my statement a little. One of the "other" positions I forgot was "playmaker" . . . this offense needs playmakers, no matter what position.

i think taking a rb in the mid to late rounds is a good idea, but we also have to see whats available in free agency, and just draft positions of major need. rg,lg,rt,fs,nt,te,olb

Back
Top Bottom