Take a running back in the middle of the draft? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Take a running back in the middle of the draft?

Yeah. As of right now i dont see him falling to the second round. What are your thoughts in getting a Mike Adams in the second to plug into RT or grabbing a cordy glenn as a guard.

I'm not sure that I'm with everyone else on Cordy Glenn, yet. Dave DeCastro, the real deal. Cordy Glenn, not sure yet. And I also think the Dolphins are making the Right Tackle position harder than it really should be, so I'm not in a hurry to start plugging holes by saying this pick has to be an OL, etc. I haven't looked at Mike Adams much this year, saw some things I liked in him previously, so until I do more on him I can't get with the program.

Keep in mind this DEFENSE could be the unit that gets blown up the most, converted to a new scheme, etc. We're going to need to spend some resources on it.

I think David DeCastro is a top 10 player and talent. I simply haven't seen a better interior offensive lineman, and very few that even compare. There is no aspect of blocking that he doesn't do in a dominant fashion, and look good while he's doing it. I wouldn't question any team making him the highest selected guard since Chris Naole in late 90's (who went around 10th overall).

I have no idea how a kid this good makes it past the top 15 picks, much less out of the 1st round.

Finding a talented, versatile, complementary running back in the middle rounds of this draft that's capable of producing shouldn't be a challenge, I like quite a few.

Vick Ballard and Dennis Johnson probably present the most value, depending on who comes out and whatnot. Ballard could go in the 4th and I could imagine Dennis Johnson threatening to go undrafted, but I consider Ballard an every-down back on par with Cyrus Gray, Ray Graham and Cierre Wood, and I consider Dennis Johnson to be the same kind of potential game changer and play maker as a part time back as LaMichael James. So they'd both probably present a lot of value.

Love Dennis Johnson, I remember us lathering him up a few years ago after he shredded the Gators. He needs to keep his level of play up and come on out after this season is over. Knile is getting the rock again next year once he's healthy.

Back
Top Bottom