Take QB in the 3rd. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Take QB in the 3rd.

Cheapshotz

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We have plenty of needs and few picks this year. If we do aquire a 2nd rounder this year i would use the pick on BPA. I would wait until the 3rd round to target a QB. There's two guys who should be there when we pick, Andrew Walter or Kyle Orton. These two guys have as much upside or more than Campbell and Frye who will be gone by the end of the 2nd round.

1st Brown/Benson
2nd BPA at Safety,CB,O-line, or WR.
3rd QB

Cheapshotz said:
We have plenty of needs and few picks this year. If we do aquire a 2nd rounder this year i would use the pick on BPA. I would wait until the 3rd round to target a QB. There's two guys who should be there when we pick, Andrew Walter or Kyle Orton. These two guys have as much upside or more than Campbell and Frye who will be gone by the end of the 2nd round.

1st Brown/Benson
2nd BPA at Safety,CB,O-line, or WR.
3rd QB
I think some of you guys are forgetting we don't have a second round pick.

SQuinn17 said:
orton played pretty crappy in the second half of the year.

He was playing injured the 2nd half of the year. Rogers and Smith jumped into the 1st round the 2nd half of the year, Smith was a projected 3rd rounder until his bowl game. They both will be busts.

Fitz said:
I think some of you guys are forgetting we don't have a second round pick.

I don't think you can read. I clearly said "IF" we aquire a 2nd rounder.

Why Rb with our 1st?We need a frachise Qb.Rb is deep this year.We could draft a good Rb in the 3rd and we have Gordon and Morris.Morris is underated IMO.Everyone says that our o-line sucked so bad last year,but yet he avg 4.0 yards a carry and had over 523 yards and 6 Td's with only 132 carries.He can catch the ball out of the backfeild as well.Gordon is also good at catching the ball out of the backfeild and could be a good back for us.Feeley is not a franchise Qb.I feel that we should draft a Qb with our 1st pick.It takes longer to develope a Qb then a Rb.So i would go for Qb 1st and Rb 3rd.IMO we have better depth at Rb right now then we do at Qb.

I wouldn't take QB with our first pick bacause Rodgers and Smith are not 1st round quality. The only reason they are this year is the lack of quality at
QB. There's 25 players i'd take over Rodgers and Smith.

Cheapshotz said:
I wouldn't take QB with our first pick bacause Rodgers and Smith are not 1st round quality. The only reason they are this year is the lack of quality at
QB. There's 25 players i'd take over Rodgers and Smith.
Well Saban liked both of them alot.You might be real upset come draft day.

If they have more upside or potential than Campbell or Frye, why would they go after Campbell or Frye? Why not take Mcpherson or Orlovsky or Leforseven later? Or wait for some undrafted rookie to make the rounds?

SQuinn17 said:
orton played pretty crappy in the second half of the year.

he hurt his hip the 2nd half season. He played some of the top defences in the nation and only threw 5 pick for the hole season

TeeMoney said:
If they have more upside or potential than Campbell or Frye, why would they go after Campbell or Frye? Why not take Mcpherson or Orlovsky or Leforseven later? Or wait for some undrafted rookie to make the rounds?

They both had injuries last year, otherwise both of them would be the 1st two Qb's picked this year. Three years from now you guys will be like DAMN i remember some fool on finheaven predicting this.

Smith = Bust
Rodgers = Bust
Walter = Steal
Orton = Steal

fish fan 4 life said:
Well Saban liked both of them alot.You might be real upset come draft day.

I won't be upset, I have Faith in Saban to evaluate Talent. He might like what he sees in Rodgers and Smith, but he knows they AIN'T worth the #2 pick in the draft.

Can somebody explain to me why a 4-12 team with 4-12 talent would take a RB second overall? We need to start over on so many levels and you do not rebuild a roster with a RB being your key initial acquisition. Runningbacks are often the final piece or next to final piece added to a competitive roster.

Cheapshotz said:
Three years from now you guys will be like DAMN i remember some fool on finheaven predicting this.

Smith = Bust
Rodgers = Bust
Walter = Steal
Orton = Steal
:allhail: O great one please tell me what else will happen.Will Feeley take us to the Superbowl?Will Ricky come back?Will wanny shave his stash?

thepoolboy said:
Can somebody explain to me why a 4-12 team with 4-12 talent would take a RB second overall? We need to start over on so many levels and you do not rebuild a roster with a RB being your key initial acquisition. Runningbacks are often the final piece or next to final piece added to a competitive roster.

Hmm, I seem to remember the Chargers picking Ladanian Tomlinson in the top 5 and taking Drew Brees in the 2nd round. Worked out well for them huh?

Back
Top Bottom