Take QB in the 3rd. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Take QB in the 3rd.

fish fan 4 life said:
:allhail: O great one please tell me what else will happen.Will Feeley take us to the Superbowl?Will Ricky come back?Will wanny shave his stash?
No to all 3 question's . You're welcome.

Cheapshotz said:
Hmm, I seem to remember the Chargers picking Ladanian Tomlinson in the top 5 and taking Drew Brees in the 2nd round. Worked out well for them huh?

Are you going to hang your hat on that comparison? Can you find another? Besides, the Chargers were pathetic for three seasons following those acquisitions.

thepoolboy said:
Are you going to hang your hat on that comparison? Can you find another? Besides, the Chargers were pathetic for three seasons following those acquisitions.

How many teams have failed by taking over rated QB's with their first pick.

Joey Harrington
David Carr
Tim Couch
Akili Smith
Ryan Leaf

Etc..Etc..Etc..

You take the BEST player availble at your need position. Ronnie Brown is that player.

IF Saban picks Smith I guarantee there will be loudmouths (with 10 or fewer posts) calling him a fool. If Smith doesn't start there will be more calling him a fool. If, in two years, Smith starts and plays average or worse, even more will be calling for his head. If the 3 years from this one, Smith is the QB and has a pro bowl type season and takes Miami deep into the playoffs- those loudmouths will be gone.

As an ASU alum I saw a lot of Andrew Walter's games...he is tall and has a nice arm, BUT he is very slow and not a mobile guy...I don't know if there is any way he could improve his quickness, but I don't think I would risk a 3rd on him, maybe a 4th or 5th? LeFors is kind of small but very accurate. I am wondering whether Nick will go with three QB's or maybe have four and put one on the practice squad...I hope we can draft a QB to battle Sage for the #3 spot...my darkhorse is the Div II College Football Player of the Year, Chad Friehauf, he is 6'7", 205, and would be worth a 7th round pick:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]CHAD FRIEHAUF
2004 HARLON
HILL TROPHY WINNER
[/font]

clear.gif
CHAD FRIEHAUF
Senior - Quarterback
Colorado School of Mines

TeeMoney said:
:rolleyes:

Never should you draft for need.

I guess we shouldn't draft anybody this year, we NEED alot of pplayers at various positions.

Cheapshotz said:

Joey Harrington
David Carr
Tim Couch
Akili Smith
Ryan Leaf

Etc..Etc..Etc..

You take the BEST player availble at your need position. Ronnie Brown is that player.

You didn't answer the question. You couldn't provide a rebuttal, so you diverted the argument. The list of busts at both positions is long but I wouldn't add David Carr to your list - and possibly not Harrington. Anyways, for the argument, the reality of who failed as a pro is irrelevant. The issue has to do with how teams value certain positions when it comes to building a roster.

Cheapshotz said:

Joey Harrington
David Carr
Tim Couch
Akili Smith
Ryan Leaf

Etc..Etc..Etc..

Ronnie Brown could be a bust just as easy as anyone else.A franchise Qb is harder to find then a franchise Rb.I think we should take a shot at a franchise Qb.The Qb is going to take longer to develope then the Rb and there are just as many Rb's that have been a bust in the 1st round.

It's the mentality of the organization.... searching for a savior is obvious and causes reckless decisions out of desperation. It will destroy a franchise.

thepoolboy said:
You didn't answer the question. You couldn't provide a rebuttal, so you diverted the argument. The list of busts at both positions is long but I wouldn't add David Carr to your list - and possibly not Harrington. Anyways, for the argument, the reality of who failed as a pro is irrelevant. The issue has to do with how teams value certain positions when it comes to building a roster.

I don't have to answer the question. There isn't a right answer for it. The only thing that matters is that the BEST players in this draft aren't the QB's and we don't need to be wasting a #2 pick on a bust at QB who probably isn't even an upgrade over Feeley.

Cheapshotz said:
I don't have to answer the question. There isn't a right answer for it. The only thing that matters is that the BEST players in this draft aren't the QB's and we don't need to be wasting a #2 pick on a bust at QB who probably isn't even an upgrade over Feeley.

I provided an argument which you countered. I then countered your argument and then you chose to divert the argument. Now your reply is that you don't have to answer the question. The reason you didn't answer the question and chose to divert the argument is because you cannot provide a sufficient rebuttal.

Besides, there is plenty of reasons to believe that the QBs are at the top of the draft. They both performed very well as juniors and then backed up their performances with solid pro days.

As well, you are not considering the reality that RBs are devalued on draft day. No RB has been taken as high as 2 since 1995 and it's not as if there has not been enough qualified candidates. Teams simply value the QB positon far more than they do the RB position.

Cheapshotz said:

Joey Harrington
David Carr
Tim Couch
Akili Smith
Ryan Leaf

Etc..Etc..Etc..

Carr should NOT be on your list. He may not put up great numbers, but the Texans are a different team with him on the field (when he got hurt in 03 the Texans couldn't win or compete, with him they atleast competed).

BTW, take a QB in the 3rd huh? Who should we take?

Back
Top Bottom