Take QB in the 3rd. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Take QB in the 3rd.

thepoolboy said:
I provided an argument which you countered. I then countered your argument and then you chose to divert the argument. Now your reply is that you don't have to answer the question. The reason you didn't answer the question and chose to divert the argument is because you cannot provide a sufficient rebuttal.

Besides, there is plenty of reasons to believe that the QBs are at the top of the draft. They both performed very well as juniors and then backed up their performances with solid pro days.

As well, you are not considering the reality that RBs are devalued on draft day. No RB has been taken as high as 2 since 1995 and it's not as if there has not been enough qualified candidates. Teams simply value the QB positon far more than they do the RB position.

You provided nothing but HOGWASH. You are backing your whole argument about THIS years draft based on PAST drafts. Rodgers and Smith are not anywhere near the talent level of Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, McNabb, Vick, and even David Carr.

BTW when was the last time a 1st round FRANCHISE QB won the friggin Super Bowl?

Was it...
2004? Nope - Brady 5th rounder
2003? Nope - Brady 5th rounder
2002? Nope - Brad Johnson 9th rounder
2001? Nope - Brady 5th rounder
2000? Nope - Warner Undrafted

Need i say more? BTW Brady took over for a former 1st round pick who lost in his only SB appearance.

Would you trade Feeley for Vick or McNabb? Feeley for Carr? Feeley for Manning or Rivers?

TeeMoney said:
Would you trade Feeley for Vick or McNabb? Feeley for Carr? Feeley for Manning or Rivers?

Would you trade Ladainian Tomlinson for Alex Smith or Rodgers?

What kind of stupid question is that? We couldn't trade Feeley and our #2 pick for any of those guys. Why? because the top 2 QB's in this draft suck.

Cheapshotz said:
What kind of stupid question is that?

I thought it was an easy question, I even spelt it out for you (correctly spelt I might add). If it isn't too difficult for you, simply grab that little scroll bar thingy to your right and move it so you are in position to view my post with all the questionmarks. Then feel free to answer those questions, or maybe post something witty in response. Try to be original at least, you are making it difficult to concentrate on your trite observations.

TeeMoney said:
I thought it was an easy question, I even spelt it out for you (correctly spelt I might add). If it isn't too difficult for you, simply grab that little scroll bar thingy to your right and move it so you are in position to view my post with all the questionmarks. Then feel free to answer those questions, or maybe post something witty in response. Try to be original at least, you are making it difficult to concentrate on your trite observations.

What's your POINT? You aren't making any sense.

You made a post asking about the last 1st round franchise QB's to win a superbowl, and went on to point out quite forcibly that they hadn't won any superbowls, and, in fact, it was 5 rounders, 9th rounders and undrafted QB's that have gone to a superbowl and won. I was just curious if you would trade our current 5th rounder QB for one of the most recent 1st round picks. Why can't You answer that?

TeeMoney said:
You made a post asking about the last 1st round franchise QB's to win a superbowl, and went on to point out quite forcibly that they hadn't won any superbowls, and, in fact, it was 5 rounders, 9th rounders and undrafted QB's that have gone to a superbowl and won. I was just curious if you would trade our current 5th rounder QB for one of the most recent 1st round picks. Why can't You answer that?

Would any of those teams be willing to trade theirr QB for Feeley? NO

Would any of those teams be willing to trade their QB for Feeley and our #2 pick? NO

Hmm, I seem to remember the Chargers picking Ladanian Tomlinson in the top 5 and taking Drew Brees in the 2nd round. Worked out well for them huh?

They only got Brees because of wannabe's stupidity in thinking that defense wins championships, so draft a CB when you already have 2 of the best in the whole NFL. ZERO credit ever ought to be given to the Chargers for getting Brees. Now they sit there with 2 1st round picks and 2 franchise QBs while we have a career 3rd stringer masquerading as Marino in some people's eyes.

BTW, Defense never wins ANY championship that offense doesn't get that defense to in the first place. Lousy defense + good offense (Marino days) = 8-8, whereas bad offense + good defense (wannabe days) = 4-12.

There are better value picks available. The 1st round QB's are better value as well as the 2nd rounders (Campbell, Frye). If you want a QB 3rd round or later you should look at Lefors or Guidugli who can be had 4th or later. They have just as much potential and in my opinion have a better chance of succeeding than Orlovsky, Orton or Fitzpatrick. Another person I would consider is this kid John Bowenkamp who we might be able to pick up as a free agent rookie. http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/bowenkamp.htm

In the draft you want value for the round. Lefors, Guidugli and Bowenkamp represent value since you can bag them 4th round or later. Orton in the 3rd is a reach

Back
Top Bottom