Take QB in the 3rd. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Take QB in the 3rd.

adamprez2003 said:
There are better value picks available. The 1st round QB's are better value as well as the 2nd rounders (Campbell, Frye). If you want a QB 3rd round or later you should look at Lefors or Guidugli who can be had 4th or later. They have just as much potential and in my opinion have a better chance of succeeding than Orlovsky, Orton or Fitzpatrick. Another person I would consider is this kid John Bowenkamp who we might be able to pick up as a free agent rookie. http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/bowenkamp.htm

In the draft you want value for the round. Lefors, Guidugli and Bowenkamp represent value since you can bag them 4th round or later. Orton in the 3rd is a reach

What????Lefors will be a waste of a pick in ANY round. He's a freaking midget playing weak competition. He'll never do anything in the NFL.

Orton and Walters have all the tools needed to make it in the NFL.

Drew Brees pick was the FINS.. but we gave that pick away for some reason.

Cheapshotz said:
You provided nothing but HOGWASH. You are backing your whole argument about THIS years draft based on PAST drafts. Rodgers and Smith are not anywhere near the talent level of Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Philip Rivers, McNabb, Vick, and even David Carr.

BTW when was the last time a 1st round FRANCHISE QB won the friggin Super Bowl?

Was it...
2004? Nope - Brady 5th rounder
2003? Nope - Brady 5th rounder
2002? Nope - Brad Johnson 9th rounder
2001? Nope - Brady 5th rounder
2000? Nope - Warner Undrafted

Need i say more? BTW Brady took over for a former 1st round pick who lost in his only SB appearance.

This argument started when I stated that teams value the QB position much more than the RB position. How on earth did that lead to the above noted post? When did this ever become a discussion on which QBs have won SuperBowls? Argument on the merits of your opinion...don't divert the argument to fit your cause. It makes you sound like an enraged fool.

thepoolboy said:
This argument started when I stated that teams value the QB position much more than the RB position. How on earth did that lead to the above noted post? When did this ever become a discussion on which QBs have won SuperBowls? Argument on the merits of your opinion...don't divert the argument to fit your cause. It makes you sound like an enraged fool.

I guess you were off base then pal. If you didn't notice the thread title is pick a QB in the 3rd round.

Cheapshotz said:
What????Lefors will be a waste of a pick in ANY round. He's a freaking midget playing weak competition. He'll never do anything in the NFL.

Orton and Walters have all the tools needed to make it in the NFL.

I agree Lefors is a midget but he's a better prospect than Orlavsky or Orton. Walters might pan out but I wouldn't risk a 3rd rounder on him. I'll bet you a six pack that in three years Lefors and Guidugli are better than Orton.

adamprez2003 said:
I agree Lefors is a midget but he's a better prospect than Orlavsky or Orton. Walters might pan out but I wouldn't risk a 3rd rounder on him. I'll bet you a six pack that in three years Lefors and Guidugli are better than Orton.

Sounds like a good bet man. I'll take you up on that. I prefer Miller lite. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom