Take THAT Kansas City | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Take THAT Kansas City

if it had a been wanny he would have jumped all over that deal an what the heck throw in jason taylor also, i like this saban guy already way to go nick...

jbond said:
Saban wants a 2nd + a late rounder. As KC's 3rd is non-tradeable and probably wouldn't want to give us their 1st....if they want Surtain they're going to have to cough up their 2nd in addition to the 4th they're presently offering (or 5th/6th).

KC really wants the CB spot taken care of before the draft and Law is a lot more of a gamble so I think they'll make the right offer before the draft.

Funny thing, the way I read it, Saban said he had a value for Surtain, and that value would not be compromised...he said nothing about a 2nd or 1st or even a 4th rounder (although the article states that is what we turned down for him from KC). So, lets not jump the gun about what Saban thinks PS value is...he simply stated that we had a value and that it would not be compromised...

testtubetimmy said:
Check out miamiherald.com. New article about how theres no way we'd ever give up Surtain for less then 2nd rounder.

Come on, we payed a 2nd for Feeley, and they want a FOURTH for Surtain, arguably one of the best players on our team?

Our team doesnt suck THAT bad.

What teams say and what they do are two different things

testtubetimmy said:
Wanny would have traded away Surtain for a pack of baseball cards, an ice cream cone and some mustache wax.

then he would have pooped his pants. Maybe drooled on himself.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Greatest description of Wanny ever!!!!

Surferosa said:
He wants second a a "middle" rounder". 2+4? 2+5?

I am not disbelieving, but where did you get that he wants a 2nd and middle rounder? OK. I am disbelieving... :lol:

dolfan4good said:
I am not disbelieving, but where did you get that he wants a 2nd and middle rounder? OK. I am disbelieving... :lol:

I heard that too On 790's the Ticket with Joe Rose.. I'm soo glad that Spielman is not in charge anymore...I'm positive he or Wanny would have made that disgusting trade for the 4throunder and defended with all their might.:shakeno:

dolfan4good said:

from the 7th paragraph
However, Saban said that doesn't mean he's going to give away the three-time Pro Bowl cornerback. The Dolphins have asked for a second-round pick and an additional middle-round pick, according to three NFL sources.

Dolfan2788 said:
I hope Moss dominates their rookie or Warfield with 12 receptions 180 yards and 3td's their first time out against the raiders. Carl Peterson will look like a total douche.

Moss? That secondary won't even be able to handle the Ashley Lelie's and Keenan McCardell's of the world.

finsnchips said:
i think it might come down to a 4th this year... and next years 2nd, maybe even 1st.

I'll take a 4th this and a 1at next year. Hopefully the Cheifs tank and miss the playoffs.

yeah, if KC doesn't get Surtain I'm grabbing Moss this year for my Fantasy Team, he could score 5 TD's in one game against that team.

I am just glad that Saban isn't budging. We are in a win win situation here. We either get what we want for Pat, or we keep him and have one of the top cb's in the game playing for us again. Damn, either way I am happy.

Going by that Duane Starks trade that New England made, KC should give us a first for Pat. It will never happen but come on, Starks is no where near Pat's league.

Jimi said:
Base it off of another trade that happened. The Pats sent a 3rd to Arizona for Duane Starks. Surtain is on a higher level then Starks....hence Surtain deserves a 2nd round pick.

Yes, excellent point. Comparing a potential Surtain deal with that Starks deal is a good starting point. Never compare any potential trade with the AJ Feely trade like in the 1st post.

@@@@@ said:
from the 7th paragraph

You're right. I must have skipped that when I skimmed the article. Sorry to doubt you! I'll never do that again! At least not without re-reading the article first! :lol:

testtubetimmy said:
Wanny would have traded away Surtain for a pack of baseball cards, an ice cream cone and some mustache wax.

then he would have pooped his pants. Maybe drooled on himself.

Yeah, and he had to throw in a 4th round draft pick so New England wouldn't trade up to steal the mustache wax. Dave, Bill doesn't even have a mustache. WTF were you thinking??? :fire:

Back
Top Bottom