Take This With A H. U. G. E. Grain Of Salt: Jim Harbaugh To Miami When He Returns To Nfl | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Take This With A H. U. G. E. Grain Of Salt: Jim Harbaugh To Miami When He Returns To Nfl

Do you think he would make a good HC for the team?

• Yes

Votes: 94 81.7%
  • No

Votes: 21 18.3%

• Total voters
Who would be your preference in the miracle that we rid ourselves of the trash that is Adam Gase?

Definitely not Jim Harbaugh and here's one of the reasons. Harbaugh has a punkish Pete Carroll blood in his veins.

Following Shula all those years showed how a coach should handle himself.

Last edited:
I'm for any change if it means ridding us of Gase.....but if it is Harbaugh I'd be very cautious - he wore out his welcome quickly with the 49ers....players didn't respond well to his college type coaching (ala Nick Satan when he was here) and unless he could change his spots it'd be another sh*tshow. His over the top controlling demeanor & attitude works with college kids but won't fly with adult millionaire men who are NFL players.

My choice would be a Harbaugh...but John and not Jim.

Interesting read about Jim when he was with 49ers:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/spor...nsane-san-francisco-49ers-20150420-story.html

Last edited:
he's been underwhelming out there to say the least. i think he's a better nfl fit, and they all know it out in Michigan.

i'd be on board with Jim.

While I agree with this.... He should field his best team at Michigan in 2019.

I do believe that he's the one guy that Ross would go after regardless of his plans/intentions with keeping Gase for another year.

I read he can be contentious as to FO moves so if you're going to make the splash hire, give him full powers.

Who knows what HC is going to make a difference? Does anyone here really
know?

So, IMO, if you're going to make a change, go all in and give 1 person the power. This front office "he says, the other says a little more or less" crap is not working. 1 guy, 1 grocery list- see where it takes you.

According to our continued draft woes (WTF on Harris, Gesicki, McMillan), bring in Harbaugh and let him hire his scouts first and foremost.

I know nothing about these front office things but let a GM hire his coach and draft his QB or let the big solash coach build the team according to scheme, his wants, his needs.

But please do something about these scouts or wherever the buck stops on drafts.

Edit: btw no vote for me because I haven't the slightest idea of what person other than a star, franchise QB is going to change this mediocrity around.

This will not happen. We're the Miami Dolphins and we will keep everyone in place because we love 7-9 seasons.

The fact that Gase is anywhere a winning record over the past three years is telling. I think there are several things he needs to do to improve the coaching and the coaching staff and if he can eat his pride and do it, this team will be fine. I really don't want Harbaugh....he can eat a dick as far as I'm concerned.

So basically the Dolphins and the Heat are waving the white flag until the 2020 offseason.

Hey m, I don't think they are waving the white flag. There is no doubt in my mind that the FO and coaches are convinced they have a way forward with this team, if they just clean up the little errors and sloppiness they would go and win a championship. I have no idea what is on Ross's mind, but my guess is that while he may be skeptical of these guys at this point, my other guess would be, they come back. Annnnnnd, I present the following scenario, if the Phins go, 6-10, or 7-9, this year like Failbin did in 2015, they will have a soft schedule for 2019, similar to 2016, so 2019, playoffs, then hammered in playoffs. If they do not pick a QB by 2020, I don't know what to say.

The Ever Theoretical VIPER

Well, sorry, butt, 1-2 more years of Mr Gase according to my innerd sources. Mr. Ross is not happy, but understanding of Mr. Gases situation. And RT17 will start next year according to the same innerd sources. Oh yeah, Phins will not draft a QB till 2020.

The Ever Book It Baby, The Innerds Have Spoken VIPER

This would actually be for the best.....hard to take as a fan but the right call is to tank in 2019 and get a high draft pick in 2020 with a more talented draft class esp. at QB.

I think Gase is allowed to stay and pick his own QB in 2020 and will be judged from there. So we have at least 2 more years of Gase. Tannehill is another matter....my hope/guess is he's gone after this season so we don't have to pay him off the rest of that ridiculous salary and they bring in a stopgap 1 year guy at lowest salary possible to take the reins for 2019.

Would kill to have Jim Harbaugh coaching the Fins (he is a proven winner in the NFL & still has some unfinished business). probably too good to be true though. but we shall see.
Again, would love to have him & some stability here in Miami.

This would actually be for the best.....hard to take as a fan but the right call is to tank in 2019 and get a high draft pick in 2020 with a more talented draft class esp. at QB.

I think Gase is allowed to stay and pick his own QB in 2020 and will be judged from there. So we have at least 2 more years of Gase. Tannehill is another matter....my hope/guess is he's gone after this season so we don't have to pay him off the rest of that ridiculous salary and they bring in a stopgap 1 year guy at lowest salary possible to take the reins for 2019.

Hey P, you know, you might be right about the RT17 deal. I always though that Mr Gase was joined to the hip w/ RT17. But I think after the knee debacle, and shoulder drama, it might not be so cozy anymore.

The Big Butt question is, How Do They Move On From RT17?????? It's simple to say just release him, but we know Broctober was smoke and mirrors, and I know nothing about the rest of the QBs behind the Brockinator, the draft???? Free Agency???? StopGap??? A lot of unanswered questions, just like Theranos, "But a Girl runs it, so it's got to be honest, Girls don't lie" Ahem Ahem.

The Ever Skeptical VIPER

Back
Top Bottom