Taking time out | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taking time out

I swear it's like the movie groundhog day. Every year its the same, We bring new players in, our offense stinks, and our defense always gives up the one play or 2 to lose in a tight game.

Because for years we've been set up wrong as a franchise. I feel very confidently that WH will change it (and this time get the right people in place). Since JJ, the HC was the personnel man, as well. WH changed it for a year. He put Spielman in charge of DW. Right idea, but thats was putting Curley in charge of Moe in a Stooges Episode.

I have alot of respect of Randy Mueller. Hes a bright guy and hes had success in this league. He pooled alot of talent together in New Orleans.

He'd do the same here...and this year is the key year to get it done. With all the FAs we have, we are going to have to make wise decisions this year to form a core of players.

Hes been to every practice now for two years. He knows who can play. He knows who practices hard. He would provide the stability we need. He would also know what coaches are worth a damn.

I think this is an exciting time to be a Fins fan (provided Saban leaves).

If Saban stays, its more the same of me every week pointing out other coaches who have turned their franchises around and asking why still nothing from Saban.

The old at least we didn't get blow out routine.......1-5 in the division......We are no better off then we were when Saban got here.....You can sugar coat it as much as you want......

Exactly. We have to face that OBVIOUS FACT that Nick Saban isn't the answer.

Nick Saban is the answer, every coach needs three years and 2 years ago this team was 4-12 so I think he has done a good job considering the mess Wanny left.

Why the hell is a loss to the Jets, by whatever margin, a moral victory?

It's not as if they're coming off of back to back Super Bowl championships, or fielding a roster full of Pro Bowlers and the fact that the Dolphins hung with them was impressive. They're a team that finished 4-12 last year and as a result of good coaching and good drafting have passed us, but they're not going to win a championship this year. Yes, their offense in the 4th quarter looked like the '99 Rams, but that was a result of the Dolphins defense doing their customary accordion-like fold when the game is on the line.

There's no reason the Dolphins couldn't have beaten them, but of course, there was no reason we couldn't have beaten Buffalo or the Packers at home either, yet we didn't.

Everyone seems to be okay with the 3 point loss to the Jets.

I'm not.

That was our game to take. You are right the defense did the big fold at the end but they were on the field all night.

I'm angry for this loss. Playoffs or not.

I'm angry at Saban. I'm angry at the fan reaction. I'm real angry because Mike Mularkey runs our offense. I'm angry at Michael Lehan for dropping the pick.

I am just flat out angry about this season and this organization.

Does anyone seem to care?

Everyone seems to be okay with the 3 point loss to the Jets.

I'm not.

That was our game to take. You are right the defense did the big fold at the end but they were on the field all night.

I'm angry for this loss. Playoffs or not.

I'm angry at Saban. I'm angry at the fan reaction. I'm real angry because Mike Mularkey runs our offense. I'm angry at Michael Lehan for dropping the pick.

I am just flat out angry about this season and this organization.

Does anyone seem to care?
I care that loss last night pissed me off.:fire:

Nick Saban is the answer, every coach needs three years and 2 years ago this team was 4-12 so I think he has done a good job considering the mess Wanny left.

yeah, well, going 4-12 last year didn't stop Eric Mangini from walking in and kicking our *** on the way to the playoffs did it?

How you people can still insist that it takes three years when there is all kinds of evidence staring you in the face that it does not. Just look at the teams in the playoffs this year....the Jets were 4-12. ONE YEAR TURNAROUND. The Saints were 3-13...ONE YEAR TURNAROUND. The Bears have been in the playoffs three years with Lovie Smith. And hes only been there four years, I think. What needing three years are you talking about?

yeah, well, going 4-12 last year didn't stop Eric Mangini from walking in and kicking our *** on the way to the playoffs did it?

How you people can still insist that it takes three years when there is all kinds of evidence staring you in the face that it does not. Just look at the teams in the playoffs this year....the Jets were 4-12. ONE YEAR TURNAROUND. The Saints were 3-13...ONE YEAR TURNAROUND. The Bears have been in the playoffs three years with Lovie Smith. And hes only been there four years, I think. What needing three years are you talking about?
Lovie Smiths and the Bears success is because they play in the worst division in football and the by far the worse conference, the Saints completely turned over their roster and drafted Reggie Bush and signed a Pro Bowl qb in Drew Brees and the Jets are a miracle this year I can guarantee you they won't make it next season.

I do agree with you. He inherited a real bad football team.

On the other hand sometimes Saban's decisions just drop my jaw.

And somebody needs to send him to challenge practice.

Back
Top Bottom