Taking time out | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taking time out

dolphin75

Scout Team
Reaction score
:mad:

After another year of ups and downs mostly downs, being swept by the jets again,with no end in sight, i'm taking time out from football. i don't enjoy it anymore and to be honest loosing to the jets really really pisses me off.:fire: last year it was a different feel to it, it actually flet like we were rebuliding, now it sems like time travel back to 04. any way i haven't posted much here but i read and visit this site several times a day...no more for a while. talk to you all in a couple.:fire:

You know it starts to get bad when you expect to lose and not get mad after a loss. I used to get so mad after a loss, my family would stay away from me for days. Now I expect to lose so the sting isn't as bad now. It's like we are now Cardinals and Lions fans.

Your right Cannon, it is bad. I can't belive we got to this point.

classic cryheaven

give it time people

as long as we have an owner dedicated to winning we shouldn't despair

I swear it's like the movie groundhog day. Every year its the same, We bring new players in, our offense stinks, and our defense always gives up the one play or 2 to lose in a tight game.

We are not Cardinals or Lions fans. If we were, we wouldn't even be complaining. We'd be beaten down to the point where we wouldn't be hanging around this board at all.

So long as we get so mad that our entire families stay away from us for days when the Fins lose, everything is eventually going to be OK.

Yes - it hurts a lot less when you don't expect to win. I don't get so stressed out anymore - the Wanny years have taken its toll.

Before walking away, consider a few points.

Last night's game came down the final seconds with a field goal for the win. YES - the Fins lost - but it wasn't as if we were blown out.

The NFL only has a small percentage of elite teams right now - New England 11-4 (who we beat), Baltimore 12-3, Indy 11-4, San Diego 13-2, Chicago 13-2 (who we beat)....

We were in a position to win every game this year, except the last visit to Buffalo.

What's the difference between a loss and a win? Turnovers... defensive plays... special teams... continuity How can the Fins get better?

Not turning the ball over.... receivers need to catch the ball, need to go after balls, allowing continuity on offense, and helping to convert on third downs. There were a couple of third down plays last night that if converted would have made a difference in the game (Jets did a good job of converting the 3rd downs).

Defense has been strong - there's always room for improvement - but it appears to be a stronger defense than last year. The Dolphins have only eight interceptions this year. Not enough. Patriots have 20 INT's... Baltimore 26... Eight INT's should get you no where near the playoffs.

Special teams - There was nothing special about them. It has been forever since the Fins returned a kick or punt. The Dolphins have had nothing special about their special teams. Missed field goals. Average punting. Crappy returns.

LASTLY - C O N T I N U I T Y.
Let's have the same starting QB for two years in a row. The same coordinator for more than one season. An O-line that can resume the following year where they left off last year. The constant change in style and philosophy has sfifled the development of defense and offense.

The QB position has needed fixed for years. Seems like we're constantly putting a band aid on the bleeding when we need stitches to close the wound.

So as bad as it seems... it isn't that we're that far away. We are a few plays away this season from sitting at 10-5 / 11-4 right now. Bill Cowher didn't forget how to coach this year after winning the Super Bowl - Nick Saban can win too - with some continuity withing the organization and a little luck that the good teams always seem to have.

The old at least we didn't get blow out routine.......1-5 in the division......We are no better off then we were when Saban got here.....You can sugar coat it as much as you want......

What a bunch of freakin' fair weather fans.

"I'm taking a time out from football"
'It doesn't hurt as bad when you expect to lose"

Pleeeeeeeeeez. This is BS.

That game last night hurt like hell. I don't care if we are 1-10 or 10-1. When you are a true Dolphin fan and they lose it is always painful.

Last night was especially brutal. To lose to the Jets like that. Come on.

Someone said at least we didn't get blown out. I have been sick of moral victorys for years. I will always be a Dolphins fan but alot of our so-called fans are just complete morons.

And yes I am still PISSED about last night. :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

What a bunch of freakin' fair weather fans.

"I'm taking a time out from football"
'It doesn't hurt as bad when you expect to lose"

Pleeeeeeeeeez. This is BS.

That game last night hurt like hell. I don't care if we are 1-10 or 10-1. When you are a true Dolphin fan and they lose it is always painful.

Last night was especially brutal. To lose to the Jets like that. Come on.

Someone said at least we didn't get blown out. I have been sick of moral victorys for years. I will always be a Dolphins fan but alot of our so-called fans are just complete morons.

And yes I am still PISSED about last night. :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

i completely agree with you. this is ridiculous:tantrum:

It'll hurt next year if we come out like this but this year is thankfully over and some improvements have been made though we need alot more before we're good enough to make the playoffs. Hopefully we have a killer draft and land a couple of impact free agents

Why the hell is a loss to the Jets, by whatever margin, a moral victory?

It's not as if they're coming off of back to back Super Bowl championships, or fielding a roster full of Pro Bowlers and the fact that the Dolphins hung with them was impressive. They're a team that finished 4-12 last year and as a result of good coaching and good drafting have passed us, but they're not going to win a championship this year. Yes, their offense in the 4th quarter looked like the '99 Rams, but that was a result of the Dolphins defense doing their customary accordion-like fold when the game is on the line.

There's no reason the Dolphins couldn't have beaten them, but of course, there was no reason we couldn't have beaten Buffalo or the Packers at home either, yet we didn't.

We are the worst team in our Division.

I know...I told you guys this long ago.

Look, the problem with your attitude isn't the losing. The problem with the attitude is so damn many people here pledge support to the losers (Saban).

Once you identify the source of the problem, then mentally its easy to deal with. I knew (are I was pretty sure at least) that we would lose to the Jets and coaching would be a big reason why.

I saw some encouraging things last night. But its hard to focus on them when the HC is so bad.

I truly believe, with all my fiber, that we are going to get a new HC. And that keeps me from getting in the funk that you guys are in (not caring, tuning out for months, etc).

Getting Haslett in here will be good for this franchise.

I know...I told you guys this long ago.

Look, the problem with your attitude isn't the losing. The problem with the attitude is so damn many people here pledge support to the losers (Saban).

Once you identify the source of the problem, then mentally its tough to deal with. I knew (are I was pretty sure at least) that we would lose to the Jets and coaching would be a big reason why.

I saw some encouraging things last night. But its hard to focus on them when the HC is so bad.

I truly believe, with all my fiber, that we are going to get a new HC. And that keeps me from getting in the funk that you guys are in (not caring, tuning out for months, etc).

Getting Haslett in here will be good for this franchise.
Seeing that Haslett did such a good job with the Saints.:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom