Tale of two Fitzpatricks. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tale of two Fitzpatricks.

Lol Henne

Henne couldn't move if his life depended on it.

Rosen is a superior talent in anyone's mind but needs to build confidence and mature on the field....
Will he ever be anything maybe not but I'd like to at least find out for the rest of the year.

Fitzpatrick is who he is!

This year 5 TD's to 9 turnovers
It's Horrible for a veteran QB and has no business starting for even an 0-7 team!
Still 5x more Tds than Rosen lol. I think we know what we have with both at this point, but yeah I never understood the Fitz starting thing. It is probably only because the locker room knew who the better QB was and would start to resent the coaching staff if they kept trotting Rosen out there.

Still 5x more Tds than Rosen lol. I think we know what we have with both at this point, but yeah I never understood the Fitz starting thing. It is probably only because the locker room knew who the better QB was and would start to resent the coaching staff if they kept trotting Rosen out there.

Yeah but like you said in a earlier post were 0-7 now just put guys out there to figure out what we have.

Fitz is just frustrating to watch and if I cant come up with an excuse for his horrible play I say EFF it throw in the 22yr old kid.

They chave every position to fix now
Yeah Minkah looked very bad playing FS all those games...oh wait

No, I think Minkah could be a good players fot the Steelers, but will he be better then who Miami will get in the the 2020 draft...IMO, Big maybe not.

I dont know how 3 turnovers in a game for a QB is written off as being competitive. Fitz almost lost another fumble and mad bad decision the whole second half!

He's a joke and always been a joke!

Let Rosen play because besides the Washington game he looked better then Fitz!

We get it he's not our future in everyone's mind but at least if he makes mistakes we can blame it on him being young....

THERES NO EXCUSE FOR THE VET FITZ, he just all out sucks ballz!!

Making bad decisions the entire second half...that's what Fitz does. You can script nearly every game/season he plays.

1. Start our surprisingly well
2. Fail to leverage a chance to turn advantage into a decisive lead. Usually involves him making completely different decisions than what had gotten him the lead (IE just throwing the ball up for grabs deep on multiple plays)
3. A couple bad mistakes that turn what had become a competitive game into a deficit
4. Some yardage and maybe even a garbage time score to make the stat line look better

It's not that much different than Rosen when all said and done, minus the garbage time production.

Making bad decisions the entire second half...that's what Fitz does. You can script nearly every game/season he plays.

2. Fail to leverage a chance to turn advantage into a decisive lead. Usually involves him making completely different decisions than what had gotten him the lead (IE just throwing the ball up for grabs deep on multiple plays)
3. A couple bad mistakes that turn what had become a competitive game into a deficit
4. Some yardage and maybe even a garbage time score to make the stat line look better

It's not that much different than Rosen when all said and done, minus the garbage time production.

I agree! A lot of these second half fails fall on this coaching staff as well....

If we can be competitive in the first half then Flores needs to make the adjustments so that were just as competitive in the second!!

I agree! A lot of these second half fails fall on this coaching staff as well....

If we can be competitive in the first half then Flores needs to make the adjustments so that were just as competitive in the second!!
We don't have the personel to adjust in the second half.

We don't have the personel to adjust in the second half.

If we're competitive in the first half with the personnel we have then we can adjust just like any other NFL team!

A lot of it is on the coaching!

Not saying our personnel is any good but if there good enough to be around in the first half they shouldn't get blown out in the second....

I think you chose the wrong year and wrong example for their front office knowing what they're doing. They were 0-1 and just lost their HoF QB for the year and they traded us their pick to get a safety. That team won't win many games this season and all they have is Minkah minus 2 years of his rookie contract to show for it.

That trade was terrible then and it's still terrible. When Minkah isn't getting his interceptions on deflections or overthrows, I'd be more impressed.
What does it matter how one gets their INTs? You have to be in position to make a play. If a player gets 32 picks on the year, all the way Minkah got his last night, that wouldn’t impress you?

One ****ing sucks. How did he earn the moniker “magic”. There is nothing magical about him or his play. He stinks period.

Hes been in the league 14yrs. He makes good plays every so often. What were you expecting? Brady Mk2? Wake up. Jeezus!

I said it repeatedly sin e we drafted Minkah Fitzpatrick, put him in at FS and let him concentrate on being great there. We nebwr did, now the Steelers did exactly that. Now he is blossoming and playing instinctively.
Yep.

“We couldn’t believe Minkah fell to us” - Chris Grier 2018

“He doesn’t fit our plans” - Chris Grier 2019

Anyone have a problem w this? Either he’s good and we played him in the wrong spot (in which case Flores should be accountable) or he’s not good (even though 2 FOs made him their no 1 pick) in which case our scouts and Grier should be held accountable.

PS - he had a good rookie season here. The pick 6 was nice as was that great stop on 4th and 1 on our goal line week 1 vs Tenn. Not many players could have reacted and made that play. First glimpse of what he could be.

Hes been in the league 14yrs. He makes good plays every so often. What were you expecting? Brady Mk2? Wake up. Jeezus!
No. I just don’t get the “magic” slogan. His magical ability is that he’s played on 8 teams and never gotten any of them to a playoff game. That takes a special ability I guess.

No. I just don’t get the “magic” slogan. His magical ability is that he’s played on 8 teams and never gotten any of them to a playoff game. That takes a special ability I guess.
I didnt like that 'magic' crap either but our own fans put that tag on Minkah before he had even played a game. Media are quick to make a gimmick. You only had to listen to those commentators on last nights game to realise what a bunch of suck up merchants they can be.

When we signed him to be our QB I was more than annoyed. I can’t stand the way he plays. You’ve summarized his play nicely. I’d rather watch Rosen. Even if he turns out to suck eggs, you get to see something new which can be entertaining. Fitz is not new and as you so accurately put it, you already know how it’s going to go thereby removing any suspense factor. I think this may be why I find having to watch him unbearable.

Back
Top Bottom