Talent Vs Coaching | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talent Vs Coaching

I watched that game and he played okay. He may be okay in the long term for them, but I seriously doubt he will another Troy Polamalu. It doesn't have that skill set.

Okayyyyyy. So you just let the colors show. You didn't see Minkah play yesterday. Because Steelers in fact had him playing 4 different positions. His pick wasn't a great play or anything. You're such a stat watcher. You can't make conclusions based on stats in the NFL.

BTW, our defensive back field looked 10x better yesterday, then it did with Minkah for the first two games. Shocker.

Steelers coaching staff is SOOOO good, that they have way more talent than Miami, yet is only 3 spots better defensively. Swap talent and Miamis staff would out coach the steelers defensive staff 7 days a week.

Oh really? You think the secondary played better? Howard got abused by Cooper. I guess you missed that part.

I know the Dolphins lack talent but I also think bad coaching as contributed to the demise of this team over the last couple of decades. Just look at Minkah Fitzpatrick for example. He looked great with the Steelers yesterday and never played like that for the Dolphins. Kenny Stills is another example. He is looking good with the Texans and never did that much with the Dolphins. I just think the coaches the Dolphins have had for the last 20 years have no clue how to utilize their players correctly like other teams know how to do. Nick Saban probably could have if he stayed here more than one season. That combine with bad drafting and not being able to develop the players is the reason the Dolphins have stunk for so long.

I'll agree this much . . .
Were Gase the HC/OC, the OL would have been much worse.
Were Burke the DC, the D would have been much worse

I mean for the record I'll say I thought yesterday our team was very well coached but injuries and lack of talent caught up to us.

Also Minkah had his good plays and he had his bad plays. He was asked to be a playmaker for us and Pittsburgh will have him as last line of defense

I know the Dolphins lack talent but I also think bad coaching as contributed to the demise of this team over the last couple of decades. Just look at Minkah Fitzpatrick for example. He looked great with the Steelers yesterday and never played like that for the Dolphins. Kenny Stills is another example. He is looking good with the Texans and never did that much with the Dolphins. I just think the coaches the Dolphins have had for the last 20 years have no clue how to utilize their players correctly like other teams know how to do. Nick Saban probably could have if he stayed here more than one season. That combine with bad drafting and not being able to develop the players is the reason the Dolphins have stunk for so long.
Agree w this except Kenny Stills did do a lot for us. He scored a lot of TDs. Long ones. Something our other guys over that time (including Landry) didn’t / don’t do w as much regularity. Stills looks exactly the same on Houston. A long TD, high YPC and no more than a 50 catch guy on the season or so - but makes a high % of them count.

I mean for the record I'll say I thought yesterday our team was very well coached but injuries and lack of talent caught up to us.

Also Minkah had his good plays and he had his bad plays. He was asked to be a playmaker for us and Pittsburgh will have him as last line of defense
Will Pittsburgh be dumb enough to put him one on one with the Ravens rookie. If so tell me now so I can play the over.

Good thread topic.

Definitely underwhelmed with the coaching thus far this season. I realize they are being asked to make chicken salad out of chicken ****, but the 2nd half performances of late seem to me to be attributed to bad adjustments, preparation and poor conditioning/

NO TALENT

Chris Grier whiffs and will continue to whiff on his draft picks. Any position he drafts I guarantee you another team drafting lower will get the better player at that position.

Christian Wilkins is a JAG. I saw Dexter Lawrence really have some flash difference making plays last week. No surprise taken lower.

Minkah is a JAG. No surprise Derwin James is leagues above and taken lower.

7 years of Tannehill and we expect Grier to know what he's doing at Qb? His only move is tank to ensure he can draft Tua. No surprise another Qb taken after Tua will be better.

That's the Chris Grier MO, he needs to stack the deck in his favor before taking a chance on Qb. Typical of guy that will only begin putting chips in the pile when he holds Pocket Aces. If you don't know who the idiot is at the poker table it is probably you.

Chris Grier watches ideally by as the rest of the NFL continues to find and develop franchise Qbs. Our solution? Be the worst team of all-time.

Chris Grier is an f'n loser that will lead us right back to mediocrity. It is laughable when he mentions the word championship. How about finding an All-Pro first? At any position?

It's as simple as putting guys in a position to succeed. Shula was great at adjusting to guys talent. This system is what it is and guys will have to adjust to it or they will be gone as we have watched. Minkah is a FS - he is not a CB or slot guy no matter what folks want to say. He needs to play CF in the pros and he can be a good starter. Miami's d doesn't work that way so you end up with a good player playing out of position. Great move getting a 1st rd pick for him which hopefully will be a high one.

I think Grier is finally going after a QB in the draft with the top pick - hopefully #1 overall. That's not to say Rosen can't be the guy but you have to double down and get that spot right for the next 10+ years. Then you build your lines through the draft and FA and that is a successful 2020. I don't see big spending on play maker type guys - too expensive and that usually doesn't work. Fix up front on both sides first. To me that is how you build long term. The play makers are flashy and what you need to win eventually but without fixing your lines you won't be consistent and certainly can't win the big games at the end of the year. I would expect DL and OL to be drafted early - especially DE.

I heard all about this “positionless football” in Miami.

I’m not really seeing evidence of it.

Back
Top Bottom