Talib's Situation? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talib's Situation?

It didn’t
Well technically it did as we could have rolled over that cap space ($4.2 Million) to this year. However draft picks are at a premium and a 5th may not seem like a lot, but some good players can still be gotten in the 5th or it can be used to bundle up with other picks to move up in a trade. Also, didn't we trade our 5th last year for this year? It will be interesting to see what happens with him though!

He’ll probably hang around in free agency until someone has an injury and needs a plug and play.

We went through so many defensive backs last year I can’t even fathom how long anyone will last back there. I’d never seen anything like it, 1 week you’d be thinking “this guy isn’t 2 bad” 2 weeks later you’d be thinking the same thing about somebody else. For the kind of team we were (rebuilding/lousy) I was interested in Needham, Lewis, Crawleg and Willz. All backups and 3 of those guys were out week 17. It was really unbelievable.

My point, Talib May have a role for a few weeks at some point lol. The way we went through them last year we need a lot of options. I’ll be shocked if Howard plays all of the games he’s not suspended for.

The money carries over from year to year so we would have had more money to spend next year.
Talib counts nothing against the cap in 2020 unless the Dolphins sign him to a new contract. The money he was owed by the Dolphins was used during the 2019 season and none of that money goes against next years cap.
The Dolphins have the same cap amount with or without Talib because he is a free agent and the Dolphins do not owe him anymore money.

Talib counts nothing against the cap in 2020 unless the Dolphins sign him to a new contract. The money he was owed by the Dolphins was used during the 2019 season and none of that money goes against next years cap.
The Dolphins have the same cap amount with or without Talib because he is a free agent and the Dolphins do not owe him anymore money.

The money the Dolphins paid Aqib Talib in 2019 (4.3 million) could have been rolled over to 2020. Meaning they could have used that money in 2020. Luckily it wasn't that much. I thought it was more like 10 million. But just so you guys know that is the way the salary cap works now.

We went through so many defensive backs last year I can’t even fathom how long anyone will last back there. I’d never seen anything like it, 1 week you’d be thinking “this guy isn’t 2 bad” 2 weeks later you’d be thinking the same thing about somebody else. For the kind of team we were (rebuilding/lousy) I was interested in Needham, Lewis, Crawleg and Willz. All backups and 3 of those guys were out week 17. It was really unbelievable.

My point, Talib May have a role for a few weeks at some point lol. The way we went through them last year we need a lot of options. I’ll be shocked if Howard plays all of the games he’s not suspended for.
They did that to make room on the roster to churn more players.

The money the Dolphins paid Aqib Talib in 2019 (4.3 million) could have been rolled over to 2020. Meaning they could have used that money in 2020. Luckily it wasn't that much. I thought it was more like 10 million. But just so you guys know that is the way the salary cap works now.
Peanuts, they have plenty of money and my guess is they won't spend it all next year either.

Where are some of you guys getting this information that money not used in one year, rolls over to the next year, for salary cap purposes? I have never heard of this before. That doesn’t even make sense to me since it violates the very essence of a salary cap to begin with.

I'd have given him a tryout from week 16 on to see what he had left, Maybe would have been a candidate to move to FS but at this point
Where are some of you guys getting this information that money not used in one year, rolls over to the next year, for salary cap purposes? I have never heard of this before. That doesn’t even make sense to me since it violates the very essence of a salary cap to begin with.
I believe there is a minimum cap you must use, Which frankly we met with dead contracts but I think whatever remnants there are rolls over into the next season.

The cap can roll over but there is a minimum average percentage of the cap that must be used over the course of a three year period. So basically you can rol over a large chunk two out or three years if you spend a bunch in that third year

Back
Top Bottom