Talib's Situation? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talib's Situation?

67Stang

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I know when we traded for Talib, it was basically a money for a draft pick trade. However, a lot has changed since the trade and the team played a lot better. I know he is set to be a FA, but I am wondering if we can extend his contract before FA? I wonder what his chances are of actually playing here? I don't believe he even ever came to Miami, and was authorized to rehab in Cali. Just weird there hasn't been more news with him as he is a good player.

Well he's definitely past his prime, and because of that I don't really see a reason for him to be playing over either X, Needham or whoever we draft/sign at boundary this offseason

He's a name now. Probably wants a contract off of who he is. Rather roll with X, Needham, etc and use the draft and maybe some low end signings. If it was a 1yr prove it contract, sure, see what he has.

He's a name now. Probably wants a contract off of who he is. Rather roll with X, Needham, etc and use the draft and maybe some low end signings. If it was a 1yr prove it contract, sure, see what he has.
This might be a possibility as him and Flores have a Patriots connection.

Has decent size and always a good hitter....wonder I he can transition to free safety?

I think he was in the last year of his contract when we traded for him. I doubt he ever even puts on a uniform.

I think he was in the last year of his contract when we traded for him. I doubt he ever even puts on a uniform.
I would agree. As another poster said, we were basically buying a draft pick.

That said, if he was amiable to a team friendly, easy out contract, he may have something left. As I recall, he once was a pretty good cover corner.

Talib is in a position to be able to talk to any team; he'll likely look for the best offer/fit. Doubtful that it's us, but I guess you never know.

Stick a fork in him. He is done. Bad trade because he killed part of our salary cap for a low draft pick.

Back
Top Bottom