Taligating at Ford Field...I need help! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Taligating at Ford Field...I need help!

The_Phish

Active Roster
Reaction score
I am going to see the Fins vs the Lions on Turkey day and would like to know if anyone knows of a good place to tailgate in Detroit. I have been told there is no parking lot taligates around so any info would be greatly appreciated. Go Fins!

i'm going as we'll maybe we can brain storm?
where are you sitting?

The_Phish said:
I am going to see the Fins vs the Lions on Turkey day and would like to know if anyone knows of a good place to tailgate in Detroit. I have been told there is no parking lot taligates around so any info would be greatly appreciated. Go Fins!

this is what i could find
Detroit Lions, Ford Field (Nov. 3) – Tailgating is not allowed at Ford Field, but that doesn’t stop tailgaters from setting up camp at the nearby Market. Great scene! Lots of cool tailgating vehicles showcase the Lions pride and of course, there’s plenty of food. You can’t leave without grabbing a Coney dog (chili hot dog). I was pleasantly surprised at the overall tailgating experience in Detroit.
@http://www.tailgating.com/StateofTailgatingReport.htm:dolphins:

tailgate

The_Phish said:

i found this to http://detroittailgate.com/:dolphins:
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Detroit Lot Maps & Rules[/FONT]​

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Many have asked about grilling and drinking in the parking lots, and the answer is always "This ain't Chicago!" You can grill, fry and have fires as long as you have an enclosed fire pit. Tents and awnings are permitted, and the enjoyment of alcohol is absolutely permitted in the parking lots but not openly on the streets. Hell, I even know of one tailgate where the cops show up every game and eat.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Detroit is pretty leniant on most things and as long as some form of common sense is being applied, you're pretty much allowed to do it. The city is just happy to have you there, so enjoy yourselves and be safe. These guidelines apply to most if not all open-air lots in Detroit, you may, however, find some exceptions with particular lots and parking structures[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Parking can range from $15 - $50 depending on the distance from the stadium.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Click on a map for detailed directions[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Eastern Market Tailgating
[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]$30.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Awesome place to tailgate. This is the place to see and be seen; custom rigs, tubgaters, radio stations and a general carnival atmosphere. We tailgate here when hosting our big events. Port-a-potties available.[/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Beaubien & Congress
[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]The official home base of DetroitTailgate.com. Cheap and cozy, this lot is a great family community. This is where we hold court when we just want to chill and have a good tailgate. Port-a-potties available.[/FONT]
[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]$15.00[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Geneva, Arial, SunSans-Regular, sans-serif]Awesome Interactive Map
[/FONT][FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]Parking, restaraunts, bars... everything you need to know. Thanks to the Detroit Free Press. [/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
You're welcome to tailgate with us on Turkey day. According to those maps that MiamiMike74 posted, we'll be at the Beaubien & Congress lot that day. It's easy to find, easy to get out of and cheap. It's a bit of a walk to the stadium, but it's a nice walk through Greektown.

Send me an email or post on the boards. We try to foster tailgating commraderie amongst our NFL bretheren. Believe me, I know how wicked it can get in an unfriendly city. Plus, we know the pain that is named "Joey."

Look for the foosball table and share some yardbird and beers.

- Foosball Champ

You guys are awesome! Thanks, I will be sitting in 113 row 24. I hope the lions fans are friendly lol!

So should i buy a pass for eastern market now online or can i wait until gameday?
I want it to be a dolphins fest at this place lol:dolphins:

Back
Top Bottom