Talk about a "monkey wrench" ( something that disrupts. threw a monkey wrench into the peace negotiations.) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talk about a "monkey wrench" ( something that disrupts. threw a monkey wrench into the peace negotiations.)

CB Caleb Farley or Surtain at 3. LB Zaven at 18.
Farley is a no go at 3 or even top 20 for me, watching his tape and he's the antithesis of Jaycee Horn, loves zone coverage, and isn't as athletic... stiffer hips, footwork isn't really there..... PSJ or Jaycee Horn are the CBs you want in the Top 16

I'm still going to go with... anyone @3. Yes, I'd take Sewell, if I couldn't swing a trade... but even that would be a gamble that I don't want to make.

Let's take a look at the trade points chart that most teams use.

#3 is worth 2200 points

That works out to #6, plus that team's 2nd rounder and 4th rounder, or
the #9, plus their 2nd rounder and their second round pick in 2022, or
the #12, plus their #2, and either multiple picks from 2022 or their #1 in 2022, or
the #20, plus their #2 and #3, plus their #1 in 2022, or...

You get the point. Using this pick on any player who is not going to be your QB is just NOT a wise investment. It's like buying yourself a shiny new toy when there's no food at home.

Agree with those that have mentioned the boom or bust potential in this draft. I don't know if there's any top 10 candidate that I hate, but maybe a running back early. I saw Charlie Casserly mock Najee Harris in the top 10. I like Harris, but more at that 2a pick for Miami.

Najee won't make it past Pittsburgh or Buffalo. Just seems silly to insist on 2a.

Maybe if we traded back and picked up a DT at #8.

There's enough talent to keep me happy in the first two rounds.

I think if we ended up taking two OLinemen, say Sewell and Humphrey, in the first two picks this site will be pure torture. However, I would friggin' love it.

jeremiah owusu-koramoah at 18. I just feel he’s too undersized and not a great fit for us. Him and Baker would get abused in the run game as our MLBs.

Back
Top Bottom