Talking heads in cali thinks dolphins a landing spot for jimmy😭 | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talking heads in cali thinks dolphins a landing spot for jimmy😭

Tua has more accuracy probably at all levels, but he hasn't shown me the ability to make pre snap reads at all or post snap reads with consistency.

That is why I'd take Jimmy 10/10 times. I lost all faith in Tuas awareness last year when he repeatedly had the offense lined up incorrectly and didnt notice.

I'm probably kind of holding a grudge in that respect because Mike G having to get the offense aligned correctly multiple times in a game is probably the most embarrassing thing I've witnessed on a football field before the snap.
IMO you're taking one factor, which has multiple possible/probable causes (new offensive system, two new OCs, very inexperienced and rotating receivers, etc.) and blaming it all on the QB.

I would say that Tua's pre-snap reads are actually well above average. That doesn't mean that his pre snap reads would be better than an 8 year vet who has been in the same system for about 5 years, but that's an unreasonable expectation.

I see Jimmy G as Tua's floor (basically someone who could help get a decent team to a SB). Tua is already more accurate at all levels, has better anticipation, faster processing speed and a faster release. I think Tua is a better athlete. I also think Tua is just more of a play maker. Jimmy G obviously has more experience, but that's the only advantage I see and one that will dissipate with time.

IMO you're taking one factor, which has multiple possible/probable causes (new offensive system, two new OCs, very inexperienced and rotating receivers, etc.) and blaming it all on the QB.

I would say that Tua's pre-snap reads are actually well above average. That doesn't mean that his pre snap reads would be better than an 8 year vet who has been in the same system for about 5 years, but that's an unreasonable expectation.

I see Jimmy G as Tua's floor (basically someone who could help get a decent team to a SB). Tua is already more accurate at all levels, has better anticipation, faster processing speed and a faster release. I think Tua is a better athlete. I also think Tua is just more of a play maker. Jimmy G obviously has more experience, but that's the only advantage I see and one that will dissipate with time.
Agree with everything except giving Tua a pass on being unaware that players were incorrectly lined up. The QB has to know and be aware, period. Those players who lined up wrong are also to blame, but the QB still has to recognize what is going on.

He's young. He made some mistakes. He will hopefully learn from them. To your point though, I have no doubt that McD and Co will have everyone better prepared.

Agree with everything except giving Tua a pass on being unaware that players were incorrectly lined up. The QB has to know and be aware, period. Those players who lined up wrong are also to blame, but the QB still has to recognize what is going on.

He's young. He made some mistakes. He will hopefully learn from them. To your point though, I have no doubt that McD and Co will have everyone better prepared.

Agreed on Tua, but keep in mind:

• He was essentially a rookie when that happened (I know it happened more than once, but the most flagrant issue was the second Buffalo game last year.)
  • The entire coaching staff on offense was a complete cluster****.
  • Tua was pretty clearly shook at that point, as his O-line was about as effective as a brown paper bag in a monsoon.
Trying to adjust protections when the plays were coming in late, in addition to making sure that everyone is lined up where they're supposed to be? Plenty of blame to go around there. Tua isn't exempt, but he sure as hell isn't the biggest culprit.

Back
Top Bottom