Talking heads in cali thinks dolphins a landing spot for jimmy😭 | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Talking heads in cali thinks dolphins a landing spot for jimmy😭

you never fly me anywhere anymore.

Keep up yer complainin' and I've got a ticket to Kamchatka with your name on it... really it's registered to a Mr. Stances, Circum, III, DMF. (Doctor of Making Funnies).

Just kidding, this is what I tell my wife when she starts complaining. No I don't. More like "Sorry dear, of course dear"

The entire NFL is watching As The Browns Burn. There are probably multiple offers on the table trade wise to replace Baker. I'm sure Jimmy G is one of them. Sure it'll likely be just for a season but the Browns are going to be desperate. I like Teddy but if we could get a 2 for trading him, I'd be considering it.

Last edited:
The entire NFL is watching As The Browns Burn. There are probably multiple offers on the table trade wise to replace Baker. I'm sure Jimmy G is one of them. Sure it'll likely be just for a season but the Browns are going to be desperate. I like Teddy but if we could get a 2 or even a 1 for trading him, I'd be considering it.
They couldn’t even get a 6th round pick for Bridgewater. He was a free agent and any team could have had him by simply signing him after last season. No team, even the Browns are going to give up much for a QB who has proven he isn’t a quality starter in the NFL.

They couldn’t even get a 6th round pick for Bridgewater. He was a free agent and any team could have had him by simply signing him after last season. No team, even the Browns are going to give up much for a QB who has proven he isn’t a quality starter in the NFL.
How has he not been a quality starter? He took the Vikings to a playoff game that they were a frozen kick in one of the coldest games ever away from winning. He was doing well in Minnesota until his leg exploded. He won all of the games coming in for Brees in NO.

My point is the Browns are going to be desperate if Watson is out for a full season. Baker's a scorned woman so they still may trade him to Carolina or Seattle. That leaves Brisket. i wouldn't be surprised to see the Browns overpay to get a QB on a one year deal.

Career wise has a completion percentage in the mid 60%'s. Good for over 3K a year passing and doesn't throw a lot of picks. Very much a quality starter.

Career wise has a completion percentage in the mid 60%'s. Good for over 3K a year passing and doesn't throw a lot of picks. Very much a quality starter.
Obviously no team in the NFL felt that he was a quality starter. Because there were several teams looking for new starting QB’s after the 2021 season and none of them wanted to sign Bridgewater to come in and compete for their starting QB position.

He might have been seen as a starting caliber QB at one time but that time seems to have passed. The fact he agreed to come to Miami to be a backup when no other team offered him the opportunity to compete for a starting job clearly shows that teams in the NFL no longer see him as a QB they want as their starting QB.

I do agree he is better than Brissett but Brissett is not even a good backup, IMO. I don’t see the Dolphins trading Bridgewater because that would leave them with a rookie as their backup and I don’t think they feel comfortable with that situation. Yet even if they could trade Bridgewater and bring in another veteran backup. I don’t see the Browns offering more than a late round draft pick for Bridgewater.

Obviously no team in the NFL felt that he was a quality starter. Because there were several teams looking for new starting QB’s after the 2021 season and none of them wanted to sign Bridgewater to come in and compete for their starting QB position.

He might have been seen as a starting caliber QB at one time but that time seems to have passed. The fact he agreed to come to Miami to be a backup when no other team offered him the opportunity to compete for a starting job clearly shows that teams in the NFL no longer see him as a QB they want as their starting QB.

I do agree he is better than Brissett but Brissett is not even a good backup, IMO. I don’t see the Dolphins trading Bridgewater because that would leave them with a rookie as their backup and I don’t think they feel comfortable with that situation. Yet even if they could trade Bridgewater and bring in another veteran backup. I don’t see the Browns offering more than a late round draft pick for Bridgewater.
Let's stick to my initial point. Browns are in potential disaster mode and if they offered a good deal with obvious overpayment for Teddy, I'd consider it. That's the main point.

Teams don't want to roll with the Teddy Bs and Jimmy Gs anymore.

They see Josh Allen, Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow and want to emulate.

Let's stick to my initial point. Browns are in potential disaster mode and if they offered a good deal with obvious overpayment for Teddy, I'd consider it. That's the main point.
I understand your original point. Obviously I too would love to trade Bridgewater for a 1st or 2nd round pick. Yet it’s never going to happen and that’s why it’s my opinion that the best the Dolphins could get for him in a trade would likely be a late round draft pick at best.

Back
Top Bottom