Tampa preparing to trade? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tampa preparing to trade?

ch19079 said:
if a trade happens we would most likly get there 2nd round pick, and another pick. i dont see this happening cus we would still need a OT. and i do NOT want a rookie 2nd or 3rd round OT to start next year.

ill listen to what they say, but we would have to seriously RAPE them in a trade for it to happen.

this does increase our leverage in talks with the cardinals.
You think you can get a 2nd and another pick for Henry when teams aren't willing to give that up for Surtain? What color is the grass in your world?

Clumpy found this .

From ESPN Draft Rumor insider

Apr. 15 - The Bucs are operating as though they have a chance to get Utah quarterback Alex Smith if he drops to the second pick, according to John Clayton. The debate is whether to give up a second-round choice to move up from No. 5 to No. 2. Smith is the quarterback the Bucs want after seeing him work out last week. The Dolphins are studying him to be the No. 2 pick if they don't trade out. The Dolphins want draft choices. They can get one in the Patrick Surtain deal with the Chiefs, but they should get a better draft choice from the Bucs.
The second aspect to the Bucs' move to possibly get Smith is what they are doing at running back. The Bucs contacted the Bills about acquiring halfback Travis Henry. The Bucs might be willing to come up with the right player – not a draft choice – that would entice the Bills to make a trade. If the Bucs could acquire Alex Smith and Henry in two separate trades, they certainly would be big winners in this draft

phunwin said:
Not bloody likely. The Colts and Seahawks have been offering around James and Alexander for a #2 and a lower pick, and had no takers. Why would Henry command that price?
the bucs don't have the cap to sign James or Alexander.

FinzManiac said:
These Bills homers don't seem to get the fact that no one is going to pay a 2nd for Henry. Especially when you could get Edge or Alexander for the same pick.
One word Einstein "cap".

Justasportsfan said:
One word Einstein "cap".

Justa...what player(s) do you think might be involved if a trade were to occur? Look at a couple posts above...it states that it might not be a pick but rather a player that the Bucs give up in return for Henry. What Bucs would you like to have on your team? Michael Pittman packaged with other(s) could be a possibility. Pittman is solid IMO.

Go Fins!!!

Marino Forever said:
You think you can get a 2nd and another pick for Henry when teams aren't willing to give that up for Surtain? What color is the grass in your world?

Surtain has 8 years in the NFL

Henry has 5 years in the NFL

Surtains salary will be HUGE

Henry will take less money to go to a new team

and dont forget the new "no contact" rule. CBs are put at a disadvantage. and some NFL people say they will not pay for a high priced CB anymore.

TO was traded for a 2nd rounder.
AJ was traded for a very high 2nd rounder.
its not always about what they are worth. its what the team is willing to give you.

Sal Lisitano said:
Justa...what player(s) do you think might be involved if a trade were to occur? Look at a couple posts above...it states that it might not be a pick but rather a player that the Bucs give up in return for Henry. What Bucs would you like to have on your team? Michael Pittman packaged with other(s) could be a possibility. Pittman is solid IMO.

Go Fins!!!
Griese. :lol:

Not sure really, if they still had Rob Johnson I'd take him in a heartbeat. :roflmao:

Actually Clump made a suggestion in BZ for CB Barbers + late pick. Clements might command a huge contract next year and I'm sure he'll test the market should he become a probowler this upcoming season. Makes sense.

SkapePhin said:
Not neccesarily, they would just use 2006 picks to move up instead..

A 2006 2nd rounder and a 2005 3rd rounder would be nice.

Heck, Id do it for a 2006 1st.. but that is highly unlikely.
it'd probably be either...

a) #5, 05 2nd and 06 2nd

or

b) #5, 05 3rd and 06 1st

Sal Lisitano said:

Go Fins!!!

they dont have any players we need.

we need a OT, OG, K, DT
they have none that they would be willing to trade, that are worth anything.

which is why i still think the cards will be the ones we trade with, cus they have a OT we want. (and need, but you didnt hear that from me :hide: )

I Love SABAN.....I DO believe SMITH is a Smokescreen. I think Saban wants TB to trade up 3 spots for Smith, which then might cause a DOMINO effect making Minnesotta trade up with the Fins new #5 pick and giving us their #7. Remember the Vikings got rid of Moss to get that #7 and take one of the big 2 WR's.....well as time went on Braylon and Mike have been moving up the draft boards and neither of them might get past #6 to the Titans. Hopefully we make everyone in the top 10 nervous and we use it to our advantage. At #7 we can still find one of the 3 RB's, maybe a top WR,Possibly The BEST Defensive player, or worst case scenario the best OL on the board. That doesn't seem so bad, right?
Hey, remember that the Vikings these past two years have been the joke of the draft. Remember that they were LATE turning in the name of the player they want for 2 straight years, making them move further down in the draft. They can easily get Nervous that one of the big 2 WR's will fall off the board before either of them gets to #7. The Vikings NEED a WR, and if we end up with that 5th pick and there's only one WR left MINNY will need to pull the trigger.
I dont have a problem with #7....as long as we're in the top 10 we're good. And don't forget all the 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders we've accumulated if we do those trades with TB and Minny.

FinzManiac said:
These Bills homers don't seem to get the fact that no one is going to pay a 2nd for Henry. Especially when you could get Edge or Alexander for the same pick.
That is true, but he won't cost as much to sign as Edge and Shaun would.

dolfreak said:
I Love SABAN.....I DO believe SMITH is a Smokescreen. I think Saban wants TB to trade up 3 spots for Smith, which then might cause a DOMINO effect making Minnesotta trade up with the Fins new #5 pick and giving us their #7. Remember the Vikings got rid of Moss to get that #7 and take one of the big 2 WR's.....well as time went on Braylon and Mike have been moving up the draft boards and neither of them might get past #6 to the Titans. Hopefully we make everyone in the top 10 nervous and we use it to our advantage. At #7 we can still find one of the 3 RB's, maybe a top WR,Possibly The BEST Defensive player, or worst case scenario the best OL on the board. That doesn't seem so bad, right?
Hey, remember that the Vikings these past two years have been the joke of the draft. Remember that they were LATE turning in the name of the player they want for 2 straight years, making them move further down in the draft. They can easily get Nervous that one of the big 2 WR's will fall off the board before either of them gets to #7. The Vikings NEED a WR, and if we end up with that 5th pick and there's only one WR left MINNY will need to pull the trigger.
I dont have a problem with #7....as long as we're in the top 10 we're good. And don't forget all the 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders we've accumulated if we do those trades with TB and Minny.

why do all the fin fans HAVE to talk about the fins on the dolphins message board???? (sarcasm) :cooldude:

FinzManiac said:

Edge and alexander are older, (which is a big thing for RBs)

but also, if the fins are willing to trade the 34th overall pick for AJ, anything is possible.

ch19079 said:
Surtain has 8 years in the NFL

Henry has 5 years in the NFL

Surtains salary will be HUGE

Henry will take less money to go to a new team

and dont forget the new "no contact" rule. CBs are put at a disadvantage. and some NFL people say they will not pay for a high priced CB anymore.

TO was traded for a 2nd rounder.
AJ was traded for a very high 2nd rounder.
its not always about what they are worth. its what the team is willing to give you.

Henry does not have a big contract, but I believe he has stated that he does want a new one when he gets traded to a new team. He is not worth a 2nd rd pick, because he is not an elite RB, and like Surtain the Bills really have no choice, Donahoe can choose to not trade him but he has stated that he is not showing up to camp so he's forcing the issue. After watching Henry play, he is not a breakaway threat and is awful in 3rd and short situations. I like that Bills fan comments on the incompetence of Spielmen, when Donahoe has done very little since becoming GM of the Bills, I mean the guy did trade a 1st rd pick for Bledsoe.

djfresh47 said:
Henry does not have a big contract, but I believe he has stated that he does want a new one when he gets traded to a new team. He is not worth a 2nd rd pick, because he is not an elite RB, and like Surtain the Bills really have no choice, Donahoe can choose to not trade him but he has stated that he is not showing up to camp so he's forcing the issue. After watching Henry play, he is not a breakaway threat and is awful in 3rd and short situations. I like that Bills fan comments on the incompetence of Spielmen, when Donahoe has done very little since becoming GM of the Bills, I mean the guy did trade a 1st rd pick for Bledsoe.

What's funny is...that T. Henry has been pretty consistent in Buffalo...I got to disagree here...he has been productive and he actually does have break away speed. He plays hurt and is a good back IMO.

Go Fins!!!

Back
Top Bottom