Tampa preparing to trade? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tampa preparing to trade?

djfresh47 said:
Henry does not have a big contract, but I believe he has stated that he does want a new one when he gets traded to a new team. He is not worth a 2nd rd pick, because he is not an elite RB, and like Surtain the Bills really have no choice, Donahoe can choose to not trade him but he has stated that he is not showing up to camp so he's forcing the issue. After watching Henry play, he is not a breakaway threat and is awful in 3rd and short situations. I like that Bills fan comments on the incompetence of Spielmen, when Donahoe has done very little since becoming GM of the Bills, I mean the guy did trade a 1st rd pick for Bledsoe.

he wants a new contract, thats expected when your traded (though the cards will have him playout his current contract if we trade him there), and the fact that more than 1 team is interested in henry gives us a choice, and the oportunity to jack up the price for him.

as for your TD comment.... we did trade for bledsoe, but at the time it was a good move. that year we went from the 4th overall pick and cap hell to 8-8 the next season, with bledsoe, henry, and moulds going to the probowl. dont forget about McGahee, or Evans, or the FA signings he has done. fletcher, spikes, not keeping cowart, not over paying for winfield, not over paying for Jennings....

i think how TD has handled the Henry situation shows how good he is. he will get the most for him. insted of caving in and getting less than he should. (the jets GM is a FREAKIN MORON TO TRADE COWART FOR A 7TH ROUND PICK!!!!!!)

is Spielmen your GM, i didnt know that... but i only question his trade for AJ. which alot of fin fans also question.

I Love SABAN.....I DO believe SMITH is a Smokescreen. I think Saban wants TB to trade up 3 spots for Smith, which then might cause a DOMINO effect making Minnesotta trade up with the Fins new #5 pick and giving us their #7. Remember the Vikings got rid of Moss to get that #7 and take one of the big 2 WR's.....well as time went on Braylon and Mike have been moving up the draft boards and neither of them might get past #6 to the Titans. Hopefully we make everyone in the top 10 nervous and we use it to our advantage. At #7 we can still find one of the 3 RB's, maybe a top WR,Possibly The BEST Defensive player, or worst case scenario the best OL on the board. That doesn't seem so bad, right?
Hey, remember that the Vikings these past two years have been the joke of the draft. Remember that they were LATE turning in the name of the player they want for 2 straight years, making them move further down in the draft. They can easily get Nervous that one of the big 2 WR's will fall off the board before either of them gets to #7. The Vikings NEED a WR, and if we end up with that 5th pick and there's only one WR left MINNY will need to pull the trigger.
I dont have a problem with #7....as long as we're in the top 10 we're good. And don't forget all the 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders we've accumulated if we do those trades with TB and Minny.

Totally agree. Let's not leave out the Cards in this equation either. Arizona and TB both want Alex Smith. Minnesota wants one of the two receivers. Saban is doing his job, driving up the value of the #2 pick and using the leverage of the drqaft position to drive up the cost at each slot.

I like the idea of picking up a #5,#36 and #91 from Tampa for the #2 spot, then picking up an additional 3rd from Minnesota for a jump to #7 from #5.

Then, we'll have our choice of one of the two RB's here, and we'll have picked up an extra 2nd and two 3rds in the process. We should have no problems drafting someone like Cadilac Williams at 7.

1. (7) - Cadillac Williams, RB
2. (36) - Elton Brown, G
3. (71) - Ben Wilkerson, C
3. (80) - Andrew Walter, QB
3. (91) - Ronald Fields, DT
4. (98) - Airese Curry, WR
5. (130) - Vincent Fuller, S

That would be the ideal we're shooting for....

ch19079 said:
he wants a new contract, thats expected when your traded (though the cards will have him playout his current contract if we trade him there), and the fact that more than 1 team is interested in henry gives us a choice, and the oportunity to jack up the price for him.

as for your TD comment.... we did trade for bledsoe, but at the time it was a good move. that year we went from the 4th overall pick and cap hell to 8-8 the next season, with bledsoe, henry, and moulds going to the probowl. dont forget about McGahee, or Evans, or the FA signings he has done. fletcher, spikes, not keeping cowart, not over paying for winfield, not over paying for Jennings....

i think how TD has handled the Henry situation shows how good he is. he will get the most for him. insted of caving in and getting less than he should. (the jets GM is a FREAKIN MORON TO TRADE COWART FOR A 7TH ROUND PICK!!!!!!)

is Spielmen your GM, i didnt know that... but i only question his trade for AJ. which alot of fin fans also question.

Spielmen was the gm at the time of the questionable moves. Donahoe is right now has "lame duck" status as the Bills GM, and I am around alot of Bills fans who think he should be gone, and if I were a Bills fan would not want him around either. I think Donahoe's asking price is too high but will come down because I don't think Henry is going to show up to camp, but I don't know about Henry he is not the brightest guy, I mean he did confuse a 15 year old girl with an 18 yr old.

Sal Lisitano said:
What's funny is...that T. Henry has been pretty consistent in Buffalo...I got to disagree here...he has been productive and he actually does have break away speed. He plays hurt and is a good back IMO.

Go Fins!!!

He has been productive but is always hurt, and he does not have breakaway speed ask any Bills fan that, otherwise the Bills would not of drafted McGahee. He does play hurt but is always banged up.

I Love SABAN.....I DO believe SMITH is a Smokescreen. I think Saban wants TB to trade up 3 spots for Smith, which then might cause a DOMINO effect making Minnesotta trade up with the Fins new #5 pick and giving us their #7. Remember the Vikings got rid of Moss to get that #7 and take one of the big 2 WR's.....well as time went on Braylon and Mike have been moving up the draft boards and neither of them might get past #6 to the Titans. Hopefully we make everyone in the top 10 nervous and we use it to our advantage. At #7 we can still find one of the 3 RB's, maybe a top WR,Possibly The BEST Defensive player, or worst case scenario the best OL on the board. That doesn't seem so bad, right?
Hey, remember that the Vikings these past two years have been the joke of the draft. Remember that they were LATE turning in the name of the player they want for 2 straight years, making them move further down in the draft. They can easily get Nervous that one of the big 2 WR's will fall off the board before either of them gets to #7. The Vikings NEED a WR, and if we end up with that 5th pick and there's only one WR left MINNY will need to pull the trigger.
I dont have a problem with #7....as long as we're in the top 10 we're good. And don't forget all the 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders we've accumulated if we do those trades with TB and Minny.

djfresh47 said:
Spielmen was the gm at the time of the questionable moves. Donahoe is right now has "lame duck" status as the Bills GM, and I am around alot of Bills fans who think he should be gone, and if I were a Bills fan would not want him around either. I think Donahoe's asking price is too high but will come down because I don't think Henry is going to show up to camp, but I don't know about Henry he is not the brightest guy, I mean he did confuse a 15 year old girl with an 18 yr old.
It's no surprise that a fan of the bills rival can criticize TD (while the rest of the league think highly of TD)ignoring Spielman's habit og giving away his draft picks for nothing like the AJ trade and a 3rd for Gordon? A 4th to move up 1 spot to get Carey who ended up sitting on the bench? All in 1 year. I wonder why Saban was given the GM powers too by Wayne. That's because Spielman would've turned the fins into the cards if he reigned as GM longer.

djfresh47 said:
Spielmen was the gm at the time of the questionable moves. Donahoe is right now has "lame duck" status as the Bills GM, and I am around alot of Bills fans who think he should be gone, and if I were a Bills fan would not want him around either.

to be honest, every team has people who HATE the coaches, the GM, the owner, the coordinators, hell even the mascot.

and what they do can only be really judged years after the fact. looking back, trading for bledsoe doesnt look good. but i also thaught he was a FREAKIN IDIOT to let cowart go, and a MORON to draft McGahee when we had henry (who was just in the probowl). i have since seen the light.

as far as Spielmen, trading for Ricky Williams doesnt look to good eather. but im sure he made some good moves too.

overall i have faith in our GM, even if i call him an idiot once and a while. (and if W McGahee turned out to be a bum. he would have been fired. that was a big risk). but TD is respected across the NFL, except by the lions.... they were PISSED when they found out TD would have drafted harrington if he fell to us, (basically lying to the guys face). :lol:

" as far as Spielmen, trading for Ricky Williams doesnt look to good eather. but im sure he made some good moves too."

So i suppose when ricky was leading the nfl in rushing the bills gm was saying "ohh Ricky Williams sucks, hes gonna retire on miami and breach his contract".

sure ricky had some personality issues but nobody presumed he would pull that stunt. so saying he made a bad move for arguably one of the best RBs in years is stupid. sure it ended up bad but i guess you would say all those people who were killed in the Tsunami are stupid for being on the beach on a nice day?

Besides, Miami got screwed over last season sure, but were looking onto the future and we are in a very good spot on the draft board this year. We arent going to lose out completly on ricky's value either. Whether that be him making a miraculous comback or some kind of trade. Its not a coincidence hes returning at the begining of may from India IMO.

Back
Top Bottom