Tampa preparing to trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tampa preparing to trade?

fishypete

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
Buccaneers | Interested in Bills' Henry
Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:35:12 -0700

Roger Mills, of the St. Petersburg Times, reports Tampa Bay Buccaneers general manager Bruce Allen said he contracted the Buffalo Bills about the possibility of working out a trade to land RB Travis Henry. Henry's agent, Hadley Engelhard, said he has talked with the Buccaneers and anticipates additional conversation. Should the Buccaneers work out a trade to land Henry, it could greatly alter their plans for the first round of the NFL Draft.

Looks like they are planning to trade that 2nd or 3rd rounder to the Bills. Not good for the Tampa trade down posse.

Looks like they want Mike Williams or Braylon Edwards.

This would make Alex Smith for them pretty important, since it would take them out of the running for a RB.

Additionally, it could help us by allowing us to trade down further and still get one of the Big 3... even #7 or below.

if a trade happens we would most likly get there 2nd round pick, and another pick. i dont see this happening cus we would still need a OT. and i do NOT want a rookie 2nd or 3rd round OT to start next year.

ill listen to what they say, but we would have to seriously RAPE them in a trade for it to happen.

this does increase our leverage in talks with the cardinals.

Jnaledu3 said:
Looks like they are planning to trade that 2nd or 3rd rounder to the Bills. Not good for the Tampa trade down posse.

Disagree. Substitute in next year's picks. It's unlikely they'd do all 2005 picks anyway.

Jnaledu3 said:

They have many picks....and can afford to use a third rounder.

Jnaledu3 said:

Exactly, they are filling that runningback hole so they can draft Mike Williams, their hometown boy at #5.

ch19079 said:
if a trade happens we would most likly get there 2nd round pick, and another pick. i dont see this happening cus we would still need a OT. and i do NOT want a rookie 2nd or 3rd round OT to start next year.

Not bloody likely. The Colts and Seahawks have been offering around James and Alexander for a #2 and a lower pick, and had no takers. Why would Henry command that price?

BlueFin said:
Exactly, they are filling that runningback hole so they can draft Mike Williams, their hometown boy at #5.

Or moving up to fill that hole with Mike Williams at # 2.....remember....the Bucs could be blowing smoke too....everyone thinks they want a QB....maybe not. Maybe they want to make sure that teams like the Vikes don't get above them.

Word now out of Philly is that they are entering the Travis Henry trade talks as well. No Link, just heard it on 620am the Bucs Flagship station. So, as we all knew, things are going to get interesting over the next 8 days. Stay Tuned, it's going to be fun. I can't remember the last time the draft was this much fun. Bring it on!!!

I don't understand how Henry can be worth more than Surtain. I think Henry is good, but great corners are tough to come by. I hope TB doesn't do the trade, because they won't have the picks to move up with us.

phunwin said:
Not bloody likely. The Colts and Seahawks have been offering around James and Alexander for a #2 and a lower pick, and had no takers. Why would Henry command that price?

I couldn't agree more. Henry is a B rated player while imo Alexander and James are A rated players..

I also believe the Bucs are going to draft Mike Williams. I think that's who they want and who they've wanted. Period. If they have to trade up to #2 they'll do it to keep someone like Minnesota from doing it.

Jnaledu3 said:

Not neccesarily, they would just use 2006 picks to move up instead..

A 2006 2nd rounder and a 2005 3rd rounder would be nice.

Heck, Id do it for a 2006 1st.. but that is highly unlikely.

I don't see Tampa giving up their entire first day...

A first, a second and two thirds for Alex Smith and Travis Henry. they're not good enough. Their draft is padded by a large number of late picks.

But if they gave us a first next year in lieu of a second this year (amongst a group of picks) we'd have the ammo to go get Matt Leinart. I wouldn't weep into my beer over that prospect. he seems to be the real deal.

These Bills homers don't seem to get the fact that no one is going to pay a 2nd for Henry. Especially when you could get Edge or Alexander for the same pick.

Back
Top Bottom