Tampa really after Smith? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tampa really after Smith?

Phinzone

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I've been thinking about the whole smith at #2 conversation..and to be honest, it just doesn't make a lot of sense. If Gruden is "sold" on smith, and think he's going to be the next big thing, he must have ESP. Last i heard he wasn't even at the work outs, nor has he brought him in for a private meeting or workout. How does one warrant trading up to the #2 pick and spending at least a 2nd and probably more for a QB who you haven't had a lot of deaing with?...sounds fishiny to me. I

M3590NJ973 said:
I hope we trade down with TB

me too, but A LOT of TB fans think it doesn't make sense. Concensus is that Gruden is really after Brown.

Phinzone said:
I've been thinking about the whole smith at #2 conversation..and to be honest, it just doesn't make a lot of sense. If Gruden is "sold" on smith, and think he's going to be the next big thing, he must have ESP. Last i heard he wasn't even at the work outs, nor has he brought him in for a private meeting or workout. How does one warrant trading up to the #2 pick and spending at least a 2nd and probably more for a QB who you haven't had a lot of deaing with?...sounds fishiny to me. I

Perhaps you haven't been looking hard enough, because Tampa did have Smith in for a wrokout.

I Love SABAN.....I DO believe SMITH is a Smokescreen. I think Saban wants TB to trade up 3 spots for Smith, which then might cause a DOMINO effect making Minnesotta trade up with the Fins new #5 pick and giving us their #7. Remember the Vikings got rid of Moss to get that #7 and take one of the big 2 WR's.....well as time went on Braylon and Mike have been moving up the draft boards and neither of them might get past #6 to the Titans. Hopefully we make everyone in the top 10 nervous and we use it to our advantage. At #7 we can still find one of the 3 RB's, maybe a top WR,Possibly The BEST Defensive player, or worst case scenario the best OL on the board. That doesn't seem so bad, right?
Hey, remember that the Vikings these past two years have been the joke of the draft. Remember that they were LATE turning in the name of the player they want for 2 straight years, making them move further down in the draft. They can easily get Nervous that one of the big 2 WR's will fall off the board before either of them gets to #7. The Vikings NEED a WR, and if we end up with that 5th pick and there's only one WR left MINNY will need to pull the trigger.
I dont have a problem with #7....as long as we're in the top 10 we're good. And don't forget all the 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders we've accumulated if we do those trades with TB and Minny.

Could be that Gruden is after the #2 pick and is OK picking between Smith, Brown or Mike Williams. All three could be gone by the #5 pick, which explains his desire to move up. Depends entirely on what you think the most glaring need is for the Bucs. Any chance Alex Barron is worth a top five pick?

dolfreak said:
I Love SABAN.....I DO believe SMITH is a Smokescreen. I think Saban wants TB to trade up 3 spots for Smith, which then might cause a DOMINO effect making Minnesotta trade up with the Fins new #5 pick and giving us their #7. Remember the Vikings got rid of Moss to get that #7 and take one of the big 2 WR's.....well as time went on Braylon and Mike have been moving up the draft boards and neither of them might get past #6 to the Titans. Hopefully we make everyone in the top 10 nervous and we use it to our advantage. At #7 we can still find one of the 3 RB's, maybe a top WR,Possibly The BEST Defensive player, or worst case scenario the best OL on the board. That doesn't seem so bad, right?
Hey, remember that the Vikings these past two years have been the joke of the draft. Remember that they were LATE turning in the name of the player they want for 2 straight years, making them move further down in the draft. They can easily get Nervous that one of the big 2 WR's will fall off the board before either of them gets to #7. The Vikings NEED a WR, and if we end up with that 5th pick and there's only one WR left MINNY will need to pull the trigger.
I dont have a problem with #7....as long as we're in the top 10 we're good. And don't forget all the 2nd rounders and 3rd rounders we've accumulated if we do those trades with TB and Minny.

Dude, why dont you just post this in every single thread on this board. It's really annoying. BTW could never happen.

bigmiamifan said:
Well, Brown is who we were going to pick, so where does that leave Gruden?

I think what he was implying is that gruden wants our #2 to steal brown from us

I really dont care what TB wants with the #2. If we get the #5, a second rounder, and some other sweatner, then they can have who ever they want. They want Smith, take him he is there (good for us because one of the big three backs will be there). If they take brown, ok, because I think the Browns may jump up and take smith, then again leaving us with one of the big three RB. Lots of ways this could go, and all of them are good for us. Come on TB, have a #2 and whoever you want, we will take some more picks and build our winning future.

Agent51 said:
I think what he was implying is that gruden wants our #2 to steal brown from us

This assuming BROWN is Saban's guy. Maybe he wants Caddy or some other top prospect. This predraft has been one big poker game. Bluff, Bluff, Bluff. I can't wait to see Saban's hand. GO FINS!

Finieous said:
This assuming BROWN is Saban's guy. Maybe he wants Caddy or some other top prospect. This predraft has been one big poker game. Bluff, Bluff, Bluff. I can't wait to see Saban's hand. GO FINS!

Well yeah, but I was just generalizing because the majority vote (mock drafts a reports) PREDICTS us taking brown, so Gruden could want Brown so bad that he plays us like we are playing him (allegedly) and pretends to like Smith but really takes Brown, think he played us but if we didn't want Brown we really played him, even if we didn't know that was his plan. LOL, how confusing.

Captain Lou said:
Dude, why dont you just post this in every single thread on this board. It's really annoying. BTW could never happen.
:roflmao: good call :roflmao:

Back
Top Bottom