Tank Still Not 100% Healthy....will He Ever Be? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tank Still Not 100% Healthy....will He Ever Be?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

Cordrea Tankersley DB, Miami Dolphins

Dolphins CB Cordrea Tankersley (knee) could open the season on the PUP list.
Tankersley is six months removed from tearing his ACL. He was "still limping" back in April and isn't participating in OTAs. Tankersley will miss at least the first six games if he lands on reserve/PUP.

It's possible he get placed on the IR designated to return after 8 weeks? Getting anything out of Tankersley would certainly help Miami's defense. Especially with a coaching staff that loves DB's, he could really flourish under this new staff. But getting healthy is first and foremost. That obviously remains to be seen.

Glue some rubber bands + duct tape then do whatever to preserve your potential NFL career!

he reminds me of the D version of Parker.

Even when he was healthy? The guy wasn't that good his 1st year(And I said that to everyone on the board and said Tony Lippett was better) and he was atrocious his 2nd year. I've never seen a player regress so quickly.

Next year it is. See you at the bottom of the depth chart in 2020. Sucks.

Cut this guy please. Horrible pick to begin with.

Too many DB's on this team getting by with little to no scrutiny... I am looking at you Bobby McCain.

No idea what happened to him last year prior to injury.

Not that he was awesome as a rookie, but he played a lot and wasn't constantly embarrassing himself.

You would have expected incremental improvement, but last year he had to be benched immediately due to his poor play.

Even when he was healthy? The guy wasn't that good his 1st year(And I said that to everyone on the board and said Tony Lippett was better) and he was atrocious his 2nd year. I've never seen a player regress so quickly.

That was the point I was going to make. It was an uninspired pick. He wasn't that good to begin with. Lippett at his best was indeed better.

I remember when the Canes recruited him. Lots of insiders on those boards didn't like it because Golden was going out of state to settle for a 3-star player, instead of aggressively pursuing higher rated kids from Florida.

I think this is going to be Eric Rowe's year. If/when Tank comes back, he needs to grind harder than ever before. I'm fairly confident that in the 2020 draft, where we will have 13 picks (two in each round except 1st and 5th probably), we will find another starting boundary CB. Without this year to prove himself … Tank risks falling out of the competition for a starting role. I hope Tank heals quicker than expected, because he has a lot of ground to make up.

9-12 month for the physical recovery from an ACL

That's usually when you're cleared to practice and such. It can take up to 18 months to not have physical limitations from it (general tenderness, swelling after working, etc.)

Back
Top Bottom