Tank | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tank

finfanatl

Active Roster
Reaction score
What the hell happened to him?!
Last night against the second and third teamers of Carolina. He was awful. And the backup Carolina QB knew it. He was going at him on every pass.
Has he really regressed that much in one year?
If he wasn't a third round pick from a year ago, he would probably be in danger of being cut.
He's just terrible right now.

I was wondering the same thing. I thought he was ok last year till he got hurt. Not great but I saw something there and now all of a sudden this guy has fallen off a clif

Tankersley looked like former Dolphin CB Paul Lankford when Lankford would give up 200 receiving yards to the Jets in 1990.

Good call. There are some similarities. Almost exactly the same size. Lankford was a long legged tall high cut corner with a hurdling background. He was being touted as a first rounder on a very talented Penn State team, one that would go on to win the national title a year later. But when I attended the USC vs. Penn State Fiesta Bowl in January 1982 I watched Lankford closely and he hardly looked like a first rounder due to so much trouble changing direction in tight quarters and on short notice.

The league obviously agreed because Lankford slipped to the 4th round, if I remember correctly.

Tankersely has superior body lean to Lankford, who played very upright regardless of situation. So I think at least Tankersley understands his weaknesses and is striving to correct.

But Slimm is probably correct that we simply are asking him to do things that aren't in his wheelhouse.

Tankersely was always a suspect player, he is just getting shown up now. He was a reach when we picked him, and I think he has shown why.

We lost our DB coach from last year who may have been playing Tank to his strengths instead of the guy now who is trying to force him into playing something different that he is not.

Tank gave up a 115 passer rating last year when targetted. He was probably always this bad tbh.

Any idea why we're doing this? X prefers press as well, right?

Is it just a preseason, "let's see" type of thing?

To help in run support on the perimeter - or because the DC doesn't believe the linebackers can handle man coverage. Or both.

You'll find out when the games start counting in the W/L column.

Maybe I'm in a bad mood and everyone is entitled to their opinion and take... but it seems like most of the posts I'm reading are completely overly dramatic. Read the same posts a couple years ago about our slot cb.... I mean can we at least wait until the real games until people start freaking out. The guy gave up 4 catches... big damn deal. He might not work out to be the all pro every pick should be... but come on... everything doesn't have to be roses but I just can't stand the panic stricken overreacting takes from the media and the fans.

To help in run support on the perimeter - or because the DC doesn't believe the linebackers can handle man coverage. Or both.

You'll find out when the games start counting in the W/L column.
Well Burke needs to nut up and play press. If we get beat we get beat can't play scared. Playing press is the only way our secondary will look good. We also have a pretty decent pass rush

Back
Top Bottom