Tankathon Currently Has Us @4 Taking Joe Burrow | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tankathon Currently Has Us @4 Taking Joe Burrow

Vaark

The Intra-Dimensional Felinians R Coming 2 Save Us
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
... and @17 taking WR Henry Ruggs

Of course this is quite fluid from week to week, but a fun follow:

It's really hard for me to get behind a guy that has excelled in one system for less than one season. Though all the QBs have issues the one that fits what I perceive they want is Fromm. I certainly wouldn't be against picking up a guy on day 2 like Huntley, Love or Eason

It's really hard for me to get behind a guy that has excelled in one system for less than one season. Though all the QBs have issues the one that fits what I perceive they want is Fromm. I certainly wouldn't be against picking up a guy on day 2 like Huntley, Love or Eason
I really hope you're wrong. Fromm would be just another one of Grier's "safe" picks. For once I want a real play maker as our QB and I don't believe Fromm is that guy. Really he's a game manager which he'd need a very good team around him cause he won't carry the team by himself......we already had a guy like that for 7 years.

We still control our own destiny to Tua. After we lose the next 4 games (sitting at 1-11) and the Jets or Bengals win there head to head matchup we will be in prime position again. Lets not lose faith.

I really hope you're wrong. Fromm would be just another one of Grier's "safe" picks. For once I want a real play maker as our QB and I don't believe Fromm is that guy. Really he's a game manager which he'd need a very good team around him cause he won't carry the team by himself......we already had a guy like that for 7 years.
You could always take a flyer on Huntley or Love.

Fromm will be worse than Tannehill. Lacks mobility, arm strength and balls. This guy is a 3rd round QB at best.

All I know is they better do whatever it takes to get their QB whether that be Tua or not. I’m sick of this picking whatever is left. They need to get the guy that fits their team and scheme. **** all this second best BS.

Looking at last year Burrow wasnt as bad as I thought but the cast improvement does raise questions. Was it him improving and getting to spread the ball around with a new system, or is it all the system? 2 guys who had similar rides were Carson Palmer and Kyle Boller. Palmer had himself a fairly underrated career that had 2 serious injuries, Boller was a bust. Not saying Burrows is either but both are guys who became first round picks after exploding as seniors.

Again the thing to keep in mind for our system is quick decision making and also the ability to identify pre snap looks. A guy like Fromm does become enticing and while I'm nor as high on him as some are, you also have to say that Georgia lacks explosiveness outside and also run a very simple offense.

Looking at last year Burrow wasnt as bad as I thought but the cast improvement does raise questions. Was it him improving and getting to spread the ball around with a new system, or is it all the system? 2 guys who had similar rides were Carson Palmer and Kyle Boller. Palmer had himself a fairly underrated career that had 2 serious injuries, Boller was a bust. Not saying Burrows is either but both are guys who became first round picks after exploding as seniors.

Again the thing to keep in mind for our system is quick decision making and also the ability to identify pre snap looks. A guy like Fromm does become enticing and while I'm nor as high on him as some are, you also have to say that Georgia lacks explosiveness outside and also run a very simple offense.
So that begs the question, if he's running such a simple offense, how do we know he can run a more sophisticated offense?
I'm not saying this guy is terrible but again, there's no way of knowing if he can carry a team or does everything has to be perfect for him?
He has a great O-line and the top RB in college football. Not sure he's gonna have that with us. For once I'd like to swing for the fences instead of once again going for the "safe" pick.

I’m leaning towards drafting Eason with our 1c pick. That guy has a ****ing canon of an arm. It reminds me of Marino when he lets it rip.

So that begs the question, if he's running such a simple offense, how do we know he can run a more sophisticated offense?
I'm not saying this guy is terrible but again, there's no way of knowing if he can carry a team or does everything has to be perfect for him?
He has a great O-line and the top RB in college football. Not sure he's gonna have that with us. For once I'd like to swing for the fences instead of once again going for the "safe" pick.

Valid point, the counter argument is that Fromm in a system that is built to get WRs open and not just get first downs would blow up. It's all stuff that needs to be determined

If we get burrow at 4 it will be a miracle.
Absolutely because it ain’t happening

With Tua gone at one and Herbert still on the board?? And Eason will also be a climber who can be had with a later pick - MIA trades out of #4 altogether Before they take Paxton Lynch lookalike

Back
Top Bottom