Tankathon Currently Has Us @4 Taking Joe Burrow | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tankathon Currently Has Us @4 Taking Joe Burrow

I saw more Pennington in that game than I did Troy aikman. Still erect in the pocket like aikman but similar arm.

an arm which the ravens figured out vs us in the playoffs.

you add in the overaged part as in likely not more meat on the bone tools wise and I’m kinda ehh about it

Keeping in mind that Pennington’s timing and placement was of the elite level. And his processing information was imo also a level above burrow.

I think burrow offsets his process information to an extent with his pocket movement skills and his north south mentality. And he’s tough as nuts. Albeit older than everyone else.

Last edited:
I saw more Pennington in that game than I did Troy aikman. Still erect in the pocket like aikman but similar arm.

an arm which the ravens figured out vs us in the playoffs.

you add in the overaged part as in likely not more meat on the bone tools wise and I’m kinda ehh about it

Who did you see when you looked at Tua?

This answer is telling...I saw Byron Leftwich, faking an injury to make it seem more than it is.

I am currently having this discussion with joff in VIP bit let me say this, a healthy Chad Pennington in today's NFL is likely a top 10 QB that you can win with. Just with how much the NFL has gone away from being all about the big arm and more about timing, rub routes, and pre snap reads. But that's a different discussion all together

Both QBs to me showed a lot, and both made a couple wow throws all game. No need to tear either down to build the other up. Those two and Justin Herbert to me have clearly separated themselves from the pack... but Jake Fromm may be putting his name in the conversation soon

To be chad Pennington and last as long as he did you have to have elite placement and timing. And you better process info at a really high level.

or at least you used to have to be that. The Nfls so wierd now that it’s hard to say what works and doesn’t which is why it may come down to more now what you surround the qb with coaching and the other 10 players even.

I do like that burrow when he doesnt like his read gets North south witb it. He goes into limit the loss mode. I’ve seen a lot of QBs take a long damn time to figure that out at the pro level.

limit the loss or sticks exposure.

Who did you see when you looked at Tua?

This answer is telling...I saw Byron Leftwich, faking an injury to make it seem more than it is.
bfY4h65.gif

What are you talking about “he doesn’t have Tua’s weapons”. Burrows 3 WRs aren’t some scrubs who can’t play either. Where’s the people in here who said they didn’t want a mobile QB? Most of Burrow’s and Tua’s stats are padded by them short slants, because of the system. Only difference yesterday was Tua proved everyone wrong when they said he had a weak arm and couldn’t complete the long ball.
Both good QB prospects.

Bama has three receivers ALL rated above any WR for LSU. Jeudy is a top 5 talent with Ruggs a 1st round talent. I never said LSU has scrubs but clearly NFL scouts think BAMA has the superior playmakers. If you go by ESPN WR prospects BAMA has three of the top 6! A good QB takes what is given him. Tom Brady has made a cereer out of it. I would love to get Tua but he lost a fumble that turned the tide of the game, threw a pick and got most of his stats late after Burrows was already done doing damage. There are a lot of intangibles and I just hope this means we have 2-3 good options at QB we can look to draft.

Joe Burrow is equated to Chad Pennington, while the porcelain doll Tua is equated to Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and Deshaun Watson?

I'm going to block you before I get disrespectful with you as well....
What’s wrong with comparing him to Pennington? Pennington was the most accurate QB in the NFL, think he had the most completions in one game without a drop record as well, the guy was a damn good QB. He was also one of the QBs who brought a playoff appearance for the phins. Just because not everyone wants to compare him to Brady isn’t a bad thing.

What’s wrong with comparing him to Pennington? Pennington was the most accurate QB in the NFL, think he had the most completions in one game without a drop record as well, the guy was a damn good QB. He was also one of the QBs who brought a playoff appearance for the phins. Just because not everyone wants to compare him to Brady isn’t a bad thing.
Everything is wrong with comparing Burrow to Pennington when the converse is comparison Tua to Brees and Wilson. Both dissected each other's defenses.

Tua did it on one leg, gangrene setting in, toes numb, spots before his eyes. Burrow did it in front of 100,000 fans...most were against him. That is a leader...not a 20 year old still getting beat with belts by his father.

Everything is wrong with comparing Burrow to Pennington when the converse is comparison Tua to Brees and Wilson. Both dissected each other's defenses.

Tua did it on one leg, gangrene setting in, toes numb, spots before his eyes. Burrow did it in front of 100,000 fans...most were against him. That is a leader...not a 20 year old still getting beat with belts by his father.
Seriously dude, there’s nothing wrong with being compared to one of the most accurate passers ever.

Seriously dude, there’s nothing wrong with being compared to one of the most accurate passers ever.

Yes there is. Compare Tua to Pennington. They both are injury prone. See how far that comparison travels.

Now you’re just being facetious, Tua comps more with Marino because of the ankle issues.........

Oh...Tua comps more with Marino now.

I'm gonna block you now...at least until after the draft.

Oh...Tua comps more with Marino now.

I'm gonna block you now...at least until after the draft.
See the problem with the internet is there’s no way to tell if someones being sarcastic.

Ps Tua is more like Brady as well because I remember Brady had an ankle injury In the past as well. :lol:

Tua did it in Death Valley last year wearing a knee brace. Burrow was shut out.

Quit being overtly dramatic :lol:

Back
Top Bottom