Tanking for Chase Young! | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tanking for Chase Young!

Dxh3q24UYAE4QKy

must have a great qb in today’s nfl period. no chance without one even if you have blue chippers at all other positions. tua must be the pick.
How many of those were first overall picks.....one

I think about the Marino days. It still annoys me that some good QBs (and not great ones) have got rings when DM doesn’t. It’s criminal. The more annoying thing about is that p...k Montana’s coach once said he wished his QB had an arm like DM..... says it all. THE REason for going off on this tangent is that the fins we’re pretty good in off but their def was notoriously inconsistent at best. Never won a SB ring because of it I think.

On top of that you can have the best QB from this draft but with no off line to allow them to show off their talent what’s the the point. On top of that you need at least one top top receiver who can turn a bad throw into a good one. That’s p...k Montana had Jerry Rice.

So I currently think we should consider/target Chase Young, Jerry Jeudy and an Off Iinesman, and maybe a good QB will become available from a trade or we then get the QB next draft. I do however think our new QB needs to be with the franchise as soon as possible some he can settle in..... its a tough one really is

Some food for thought … and I'm sure most of you know this ….

There have been 30 QB's drafted in the first round since 2010 …. only 3 are still in the league … Not 1 starter in this group

I'm ok with Tua but regardless of who we pick in the first round to be our guy I hope we double down on the QB this draft .... grabbing Young first would not be unwise given our draft capital and the number of (seemingly) qualified QB's available in this draft

Yes, I know a DE won't take us to championship games and if it's a choice between Tua or Young when we are on the clock then I would have to go QB … I would still double down even if Tua is our pick

Even if he is JJ Watt... that still isnt enough if you dont have a top qb.

Some food for thought … and I'm sure most of you know this ….

There have been 30 QB's drafted in the first round since 2010 …. only 3 are still in the league … Not 1 starter in this group

I'm ok with Tua but regardless of who we pick in the first round to be our guy I hope we double down on the QB this draft .... grabbing Young first would not be unwise given our draft capital and the number of (seemingly) qualified QB's available in this draft

Yes, I know a DE won't take us to championship games and if it's a choice between Tua or Young when we are on the clock then I would have to go QB … I would still double down even if Tua is our pick

Your sentence makes no sense. 30 QBs drafted in the first round since 2010, only 3 are still in the league, and not a starter. Do you mean after the first round? Because there are a lot of starters in this league that were drafted in the first round since 2010, almost half to be exact.

Im not against going with Tua with the first overall, but I don't see him as the saviour as some here do. Im not really worried about the ankles, I just am not sold on him as a top tier QB. He plays for one of the most talented teams in the nation, with a ridiculous stable of WRs, he is a lefty, and when he has faced top tier defences, he hasn't been as solid. I think he needs to work on his deep ball as well. I wouldn't be upset if we went with him first overall, but Id be fine with a Burrows/Young combo, if Burrows was available with the Pitt pick.

Your sentence makes no sense. 30 QBs drafted in the first round since 2010, only 3 are still in the league, and not a starter. Do you mean after the first round? Because there are a lot of starters in this league that were drafted in the first round since 2010, almost half to be exact.

Sorry if I misinterpreted the article … clear it up for me if you will … sometimes I'm not too bright

The defense blew it, but did you really just try to diminish leading a team to the SB to try to argue Long was the right pick? :nah:

All they needed was 1 more first down. 1. And Ryan couldnt do it. The point I was making is that he hasnt won a SB, nor has he gotten close since.

Last 4 possessions - punt, fumble, punt, punt. Thats on the qb.

Last edited:
But,it’s better to take the best QB coming out, which is Tua..

No, because we are looking for prospect, not college QB stats alone. Tua is short, 6-0. Does not have a big arm. Burrow is a better prospect, and Anthony Gordon will be available later, they are taller, play with bigger arms, and that's all we need. A good QB. We also need a team to win, and Tua without Chase Young is not nearly as good as Gordon and Chase Young.

Back
Top Bottom