#Tankovailoa | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

#Tankovailoa

Slimm has outlined this many times about Tua. Here's a good thread on it.

I'm just saying.

Herbert, Love, Fromm can't hold a candle to this kid.

I agree with you about Herbert. I'm not familiar enough with Love's game tape to agree or disagree, but I'm familiar enough with his highlight reel stuff to think that someone is going to fall in love (ha!) with his skill set. And if Jake Fromm hadn't literally kept proving everyone who said "Fromm isn't nearly as good as __________" wrong for years, I'd agree with you about him. But that's what he keeps doing. So I'm not so sure.

The real question is, was Josh Rosen a smoke screen so the Dolphins dont get reprimanded for tanking.

I think it's giving them two shots on goal instead of one, with the theory that the most realistic worst case scenario is you get value inasmuch as you have a backup QB through the end of 2021 that is getting paid like 1/8th what it would cost you on the free agent market.

Josh Rosen is not, nor have they ever viewed him as a current asset, though. He is an investment asset with a longer maturity date.

Slimm has outlined this many times about Tua. Here's a good thread on it.

This... some of you need to go watch those videos. Even if the guy talking on those vids is annoying.

I mean I wouldn’t call it arguing about whether we are tanking or not.

I think we can all agree we needed to clean up the books, cut dead weight and stockpile draft picks to build a foundation. If paying $5 million of Tannehill’s contract to grab a 4th doesn’t clue folks into that, nothing will.

I think we can all agree that we weren’t going to be a playoff team either, outside of the flukiest type of run (2008 and 2016 come to mind, but those schedules were on the softer side as well, this year is loaded with physicality).

Tank is a trendy word that starts with a T, the same letter that Tua starts with. Its marketable . . . As we can see with your post having a $22 wife beater for sale.

Some believe its losing on purpose from a field perspective . . . I can guarantee that will never happen.

Every move that was made, other than Tunsil, was an acceptable one, even Stills (as you can probably understand with your Jakeem Grant love and the rising of Preston Williams).

The team wanted to keep Tunsil, but when have a plan that is outlined in my second sentence, you have to make that move to accelerate your ultimate goal.

Obviously if the team is in position to get the #1 pick, Tua will be a primary target . . . This isn’t that complicated, but no Front Office is gonna stake their entire future and foundation on the mind of a college kid potentially coming out.

Its why you trade for a Josh Rosen. Its a continous and intelligent grind to add young talent to various positions on the team instead of overpaying for used up veterans that have maxed their ceiling and are on the decline.

You can’t predict these opportunities, but Chris Grier has been magnificent this offseason at taking advantage when one is presented.

So while many people will focus on 2019, the word tank and being right or wrong in the present . . . .we finally have somebody who is taking the right approach and attempting to build something sustainable and not just settle for running into a 8 win wall.

You can overanalyze it, compare the AAVs, the amount of UDFAs and come to a conclusion that we are losing on purpose, but for the first time ever we are actually winning at getting this whole football thing “right”.

I dont need them to apologize for finally doing **** right.
So it is not a tank but a rebuild

And furthermore this tank was well in process before they shipped Thill - trading their LT will accelerate their plan as someone like CK stated

"All Aboard the 2019 Express!!!!""

ezgif-5-0b305c4a4a05.gif

Back
Top Bottom