Tanks for nothing! Did the Dolphins just ruin their offseason plans? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tanks for nothing! Did the Dolphins just ruin their offseason plans?

Come on bro. I was responding to a premise, offered by a specific poster. That's what a forum like this is. Is every post supposed to only respond to OP? That would be ridiculous.

Did you even read the post I was responding to? It was pretty clear he was advocating basing our offseason on what TT does. I think that is a terrible idea. If we should have learned anything this year, it's that you can't put all your eggs in one basket.
I wasn’t talking about the OP of this thread I was talking about the one you quoted btw. His theory was legit just like the trading down option, it said nothing about picking up Tua.

I wasn’t talking about the OP of this thread I was talking about the one you quoted btw. His theory was legit just like the trading down option, it said nothing about picking up Tua.

Then why reference Tua at all? One was obviously connected to the other.

As far as I know, the term "OP", refers to the poster who originated the thread, not subsequent posters.

Then which LT in the NFL is currently great in your opinion ?
Doesn't matter, I don't think Tunsil is GREAT. He plays very well sometimes, and poorly from time to time. IMO he's not a "bell cow" type leader at the position, and getting 2 #1's and a #2 is robbery. By the Phish no less. No way his play justifies that many choices. Ever...( to this point)

I can see your thought process.

I haven't seen any reports that any direct statements from anyone actually in the organization, nor would I expect to, regardless of how they feel. Organizations (smart ones anyway) just don't tip their hands like that.

My second point would be "all the way back" is impossible to determine before the draft. I don't see any way he can be in top form by the combine, or his pro day. Yes, we may have a better gauge on the medical situation, but "cleared to play" is a different matter.
Ideally, for Tua fans, he would be limited at the combine so we could get him with one of our 2 later first rounders.

th

This staff, tua, a year to sit and truly get healthy, is my darling scenario.

Ideally, for Tua fans, he would be limited at the combine so we could get him with one of our 2 later first rounders.
I suppose that's true.

I just have a hard time spending a first on a guy with those issues, unless we take 2 QBs with high picks, as insurance, which I also have a tough time with, given the overall situation.

If Tua is ultimately what Grier/Flo decide is best, I'll champion him until I see a reason not to.

I just don't believe it's the best way to go.

The more I read and hear about Tua and his plans it will not surprise me at all to see Miami trade back as much as possible come draft time to secure as many 2021 picks as possible with the chances of getting the best qb available next season. All while drafting positions that positively affect qb play and winning football games. OL & DL with a lot of DBs mixed in.

We should of kept our LT ......

Not really, if those two 1st round picks turn into two starters, to me far more important to the success of the Dolphins, then keeping one about to be extremely overpriced L-Tackle.

The pick from the Texans seems might be used for one of the premium Centers.

If Miami traded away a premium expensive Tackle, for a premium Center, and another pick in the 2nd, and next year yet another possible starting player in the 1st...How is that a bad deal?

Last edited:
Not really, if those two 1st round picks turn into two starters, to me far more important to the success of the Dolphins, then keeping one about to be extremely overpriced L-Tackle.

The pick from the Texans seems might be used for one of the premium Centers.

If Miami traded away a premium expensive Tackle, for a premium Center, and another pick un the 2nd, and next year yet another possible starting player in the 1st...How is that a bad deal?
It's not. :up:

I suppose that's true.

I just have a hard time spending a first on a guy with those issues, unless we take 2 QBs with high picks, as insurance, which I also have a tough time with, given the overall situation.

If Tua is ultimately what Grier/Flo decide is best, I'll champion him until I see a reason not to.

I just don't believe it's the best way to go.
I am nOT a Tua fan, if he's drafted, I'll play but there are too many huckleberries on this one, I agree.

I am nOT a Tua fan, if he's drafted, I'll play but there are too many huckleberries on this one, I agree.

I'm in the same boat. I've never been high on drafting him for a number of reasons, but if we take him, I will root for him to succeed with everything that I have. I'm not one that is able to root against my team or it's players unless they are a wife-beater or somesuch.

Jake Fromm is garbage when having to play from behind. He needs play action and a strong defense to be viable. Hope Miami doesn’t look his way unless it’s round 4 or later.

Jake Fromm is garbage when having to play from behind. He needs play action and a strong defense to be viable. Hope Miami doesn’t look his way unless it’s round 4 or later.

I kind of want to give up some picks for Burrow though

Back
Top Bottom