Tanks for nothing! Did the Dolphins just ruin their offseason plans? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tanks for nothing! Did the Dolphins just ruin their offseason plans?

Burrow would’ve looked good in a dolphins uniform.

But I’d rather have 3 or 4 wins this year than a franchise QB....NOT.

Can have some top of the line players on your team and still suck without a good coach. Just look at the Browns...

I would love to have Burrow. Yeah probably not likely going to end up on our team due to some wins. But I am optimistic we may have found a legit coach, too soon to crown him just yet.

I would have no problem trading all three first round draft picks to move up and pick Burrow. Unfortunately the Bengals are looking to draft a QB and none of the other QB’s in the draft are even close to Burrow.
Tua would be a nice consolation prize for the Dolphins if he is healthy but I still think Burrow is going to be the better QB in the NFL.

I would have no problem trading all three first round draft picks to move up and pick Burrow. Unfortunately the Bengals are looking to draft a QB and none of the other QB’s in the draft are even close to Burrow.
Tua would be a nice consolation prize for the Dolphins if he is healthy but I still think Burrow is going to be the better QB in the NFL.
Where are the "less than one year wonder" Burrow detracting chumparoos now?

I could go dig up the multitude of posts...

But but Joe burrow has a weak arm and sloppy footwork they said (finheavin scouts). Been telling these people all along, now there no where to be found, lmao.

Last edited by a moderator:
My favorite was, "but but but last year! Last year!"

Like kids can't improve in leaps and bounds.

We already have a kid. 23 in February. Hope he's been working a lot more on his presnap reads, footwork and leadership than his backswing :wink

As I said in the draft forum, totally on board with giving Cincy what they want for the kid. He's special, I'm totally over the one year production thing, his consistency this season put's that argument to bed. I would still rather sit and pick Tua if we are happy with the medical, but failing that just go up and get the kid we won't be sorry.

No matter who Flores drafts they will fit the scheme and be good players.

There is a real possibility this team wins 3 out of 4 and finishes 6-10. That would be an amazing job by Flores. Wouldn't be good for the talent level Miami could get in the draft, but impressive nonetheless.

I disagree with the last part of your post.

Draft pick positions do not always correlate with the success of the drafted player. I feel that player evaluation is a more significant aspect of drafting good players.

When you combine a good draft position with a good player evaluation, then you are in the best possible shape to end up with an effective player.

When you combine a good draft position with a poor, or even an inappropriate choice (a position we are already solid at), then you are probably going to be very frustrated with the results.

At this point in the season I feel the new FO has demonstrated a willingness to stay with a specific plan for upgrading the play of the Dolphins. They showed this by:

1) Getting an extraordinary number of draft picks, especially in the early rounds for 2020 and 2021.
2) Getting our cap space under control to the point we actually have a lot of funding available to help bring in all the new draftees and whoever they (the FO, not the fan base) want from free agency.
3) Getting performance over and above what most posters felt was possible with who was left on this roster.
4) Not putting up with players who were publicly complaining about how they were being played. Like it or not, that is the coaches decision, not the players.
5) Stating publicly at the beginning of the season that "tanking" was not their game plan.

I'm looking forward to watching what we do in the draft, in free agency and then, who we end up keeping after all that is over. I suspect there may be a lot of actions taken to get more draft picks during the upcoming draft by trading down and for the 2021 draft any way we can. If we win a few more games I think the focus for increasing draft picks in 2021 will be expanded because we are likely to be playing much better with our current 2020 draft selections along with getting quite a few solid vets in FA without breaking the bank.

Time will tell.

One year wonders like injured players are a risk.

I would rather have a team, than 1 player.

Back
Top Bottom