Tanks for nothing! Did the Dolphins just ruin their offseason plans? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tanks for nothing! Did the Dolphins just ruin their offseason plans?

Jerrysanders

Active Roster
Reaction score
The Dolphins currently own three first-round picks in the 2020 draft. The average rebuild does not possess that kind of surplus in assets — but the Dolphins are not an average rebuild. An average rebuilding team would be timid to the idea of trading a young standout in offensive tackle Laremy Tunsil for two first-round picks and a second-round pick over the next two seasons. An average rebuilding team would balk at the concept of trading a talented player who exudes negative energy, as the Dolphins did when they traded disgruntled second-year defender Minkah Fitzpatrick to Pittsburgh in September. The bold conviction that general manager Chris Grier has attacked this season should be applauded because it has built escape routes for the Dolphins to climb back up the draft order if they feel it is necessary.

Interesting take about the fins future plans.

If the Dolphins had lost yesterday, they could have controlled their own destiny in getting the first pick. They would have been 2-10 with potential losses to 2-10 NYG and 1-11 Bengals to get the first overall pick. Oh well.

It is nice to win, but does it help in the long run? Especially with Houston and Pittsburgh continuing to play well.

I still don't understand trading a young All pro LT to a playoff team even if it's for 2 1st and a 2nd and if you do go that route you gotta be fully committed to getting whatever player you have in mind.

There is a real possibility this team wins 3 out of 4 and finishes 6-10. That would be an amazing job by Flores. Wouldn't be good for the talent level Miami could get in the draft, but impressive nonetheless.

I can definitely see that happening, If he goes 6-10 with this team then he's coach of the year in my opinion.

all we have to do is put rosen back in because we've been eliminated and everything can still work out. the #1 is probably out of reach but we could still pick 2nd or 3rd. i don't understand why anyone would want to see fitz and 5 or 6 wins at this point. i hate losing too, but it's time to think about the future and not meaningless december games.

I was 100% for losing out for the first pic but I have to say it is equally good if not better to have a coaching staff in play that can coach. I now look at wins as progress and if we keep growing I don’t care about where we fall for that first pick

I don't think this season was about getting the first pick overall. It was about building a culture, getting rid of deadwood, freeing up cap space and building draft capital. In the beginning of the year everyone was thinking "Tank for Tua"; well that ship has sailed. The draft is unpredictable; hell, we probably can still get Tau if we want with our first pick. I'm seeing growth from players we have written off year(s) ago, and I'm seeing our shitty players being coached up and beating better teams. On paper we have the worst roster in the league, yet we are worrying about winning games. Let that sink in.....why are we winning? For the last 20 years we **** the bed in December, I'm hoping things are different this year.

Not gonna lie, this year has gone about as bad as I could’ve possibly imagined.

The Texans turned out to be good so the Tunsil pick is a late first. Woo

The Steelers pulled the luckiest year ever combined with playing the crappiest teams ever, including us, so that pick has turned out to be middle of the first. Yayy

The Dolphins now have 3 wins so zero chance of getting Burrow or even Young. You win with players not coaches in the nfl. Having a good coach is great but Flores would’ve been better off losing more and getting the top pick. He can keep fighting his heart out with Fitzpatrick but until he gets some real talent on the roster all he’s getting is a whopping handful of wins each year.

Back
Top Bottom