Tannehill as Tua's backup... (poll) | Page 17 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill as Tua's backup... (poll)

The Return of Ryan Tannehill: Y/N?

• Yes!

Votes: 79 59.0%
  • No!

Votes: 56 41.8%

• Total voters
I might be in the minority but I would take Tannehill back as a backup. He is better than White and Thompson.

I do not believe you or I are in the minority. I believe many, if not most, of the posters here suspect that Tannehill would being an excellent choice as a backup for Tua.

Just keep in mind that the emptiest barrels make the most "noise", and that happens a lot with some the posters here! - LOL

I suspect that some of them will be self-identifying shortly - they just "can't help themselves". - LOL

Nobody is a bigger Tannehill fan than me, but it's just not going to happen. Every penny that would go towards Tannehill could/should go to Tua.

We don't have enough cap space for an expensive back up. We barely have enough cap space to keep this team together with Tua at QB, and that should be the focus.

I'm with Grier regarding playing hardball with Tua though. He's got at least 2 more years to prove himself if he wants a "market contract". We have the upper hand at this moment in time and he needs to take less if he wants that long term security.

Nobody is a bigger Tannehill fan than me, but it's just not going to happen. Every penny that would go towards Tannehill could/should go to Tua.

We don't have enough cap space for an expensive back up. We barely have enough cap space to keep this team together with Tua at QB, and that should be the focus.

I'm with Grier regarding playing hardball with Tua though. He's got at least 2 more years to prove himself if he wants a "market contract". We have the upper hand at this moment in time and he needs to take less if he wants that long term security.

Where do I begin?
I'll start with the first paragraph.

Based on that illogical statement, we would never have backups because all that money should go to our QB. What a dumb concept!

We have the same cap as every other team in the NFL. What we have left after what we spent is the issue! - Spk Engrish!
So, our focus should be to keep this team together with Tua at QB. We already have done that, whileat the same time, we've improved many significant aspects of the Defense, the Offense and even the coaching staff.
Tua isn't going anywhere. Read his contract!

The third paragraph contradicts the previous paragraphs!
The result is a great big "Does Not Compute"!

My recommendation is that you re-read your post before you release it!

Is there a special version of covid that only affects the logical functionality of some Fin-Heaven Posters going around this summer?

Will the start of the season "fix things"?
Will the upcoming presidential election "fix things"?
Well, I'm sure as hell going to "fix things". - LOL

Remember - Ray Is Right
See how easy that is? - LOL

It's definitely a boring time. The Marlins always suck (not that I'm super into baseball anyways), hockey is over, the Heat are having a frustrating offseason and doing nothing, and the only thing to talk about is Tua's contract negotiations.

I have watched Indiana fever play with the Clark phenomenon . My 1st year to watch it .
I have watched very few WNBA games, but honestly, they are well coached and very fundamentally sound.

I think kids learning the game could benefit from watching the girls to see how the game is supposed to be played absent ridiculously gifted athletes that are in the NBA.

Set picks, pick and roll, make the extra pass, box out, double the post and rotate, play sound team defense by switching when appropriate.

It makes the game so much easier.

In my younger days (30-40 yrs old), I played a lot of pickup ball on weekends. My friends and I had played together for years, understood the nuances and knew what each other were going to do in any situation.

I can't count how many times a group of late teen-early twenties hot shots called next, thinking they would easily run us off the court.

To their dismay, we usually won just by playing sound, non hero basketball.

Good times....

I have watched very few WNBA games, but honestly, they are well coached and very fundamentally sound.

I think kids learning the game could benefit from watching the girls to see how the game is supposed to be played absent ridiculously gifted athletes that are in the NBA.

Set picks, pick and roll, make the extra pass, box out, double the post and rotate, play sound team defense by switching when appropriate.

It makes the game so much easier.

In my younger days (30-40 yrs old), I played a lot of pickup ball on weekends. My friends and I had played together for years, understood the nuances and knew what each other were going to do in any situation.

I can't count him many times a group of late teen-early twenties hot shots called next, thinking they would easily run us off the court.

To their dismay, we usually won just by playing sound, non hero basketball.

Good times....
I surely remember those games on asphalt with chain nets . A buddy lost his finger in one of those. Horse and 21 when you tire out.

The hate for Mike White around here is because he was a Jet? I can't say I've seen enough of him in a Fins uni to have a strong opinion, unlike someone like Brissett, who was somehow really good with Cleveland after he left us.

Tannehill seems physically done to me, and without his arm strength what is he? I don't know if he's better than White or Thompson. I also don't think he's looking for a backup role. This is the guy who mocked our scout team over their salaries after they humiliated him in practice. He also publicly stated he had no interest in helping Will Levis acclimate to the NFL. You think he's going to be a good influence in the QB room and help Tua get prepared each week? I don't.

The hate for Mike White around here is because he was a Jet? I can't say I've seen enough of him in a Fins uni to have a strong opinion, unlike someone like Brissett, who was somehow really good with Cleveland after he left us.

Tannehill seems physically done to me, and without his arm strength what is he? I don't know if he's better than White or Thompson. I also don't think he's looking for a backup role. This is the guy who mocked our scout team over their salaries after they humiliated him in practice. He also publicly stated he had no interest in helping Will Levis acclimate to the NFL. You think he's going to be a good influence in the QB room and help Tua get prepared each week? I don't.
Have to agree with the Mike White comments. I would like to see more of him before writing him off……

Some good points. I admit that. Still, he had a positive effect with the Titans, or he wouldn't have been put on the field - or even hired.

Live and learn - that's good advice and that's what Tannehill has done in a very public arena.

So, taking all that into consideration, if the price is right and Tannehill can demonstrate to the coaching staff that he still has the QB capability they feel they need in a QB "AND" he will be amicable to a vet minimum offer, then I feel he is the best option we could expect for a backup QB.

Back
Top Bottom