Tannehill-dolphins Franchise Qb? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill-dolphins Franchise Qb?

Is Tannehill the "answer" in Miami?

• Yes

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • No

Votes: 92 86.0%

• Total voters
why do you people do that? Do you know that you look really sad putting a dink and dunk QQB next to real QBs?

TD passes the first 4 years:
Marino 142
Manning 111
Palmer 109
Luck 101
Tannehill 87

The only thing what counts in football is scoring. I am not surprised that you all are fascinated with a low scoring QB and prefer to use dink and dunk stats. (stats are for losers)

I also would not call Palmer a franchise QB since he played for 3 different teams with the longest on 7 years in Cinncy. Luck is no franchise QB yet either. He still has a lot left to prove.

if you read above that post was talking about that tannehill wont be remembered as just one of the guys like chad henne or cleo lemon or sage rosenfels. He is clearly the best qb weve had since Marino.

• Luck was drafted by a 2-14 team and led them to 11-5, 11-5, 11-5 and the playoffs three times
  • The Colts, who really lack talent as a team, are 44-32 when he starts
  • Colts offense falls apart when the backups play
  • Luck has led the Colts to 14 - 4th quarter comebacks and 18 game winning drives to his credit
  • Colts are 3-3 in the playoffs under Luck and he has made 3 Pro Bowls
Other than that he is just so-so.

• Tannehill was drafted by a 6-10 team and then led them to a 7-9, 8-8, 8-8 record and has never led Miami to the playoffs
  • The Dolphins are 40-42 when he starts
  • Dolphins offense responds better to the backups then Tannehill when they play
  • Tannehill has led the Dolphins to 13 - 4th quarter comebacks and 11 game winning drives to his credit
  • Dolphins are 0-0 in the playoffs under Tannehill and he has made 0 Pro Bowls
In all fairness the AFC South is weak and the Dolphins are fighting for a wildcard. I think Luck is a tad over rated.

If a team is up by one score and Tannehill or luck has 2 mins to drive their team to tie or beat that team, which QB you think that team nursing a slim lead is more afraid of?

• Luck was drafted by a 2-14 team and led them to 11-5, 11-5, 11-5 and the playoffs three times
  • The Colts, who really lack talent as a team, are 44-32 when he starts
  • Colts offense falls apart when the backups play
  • Luck has led the Colts to 14 - 4th quarter comebacks and 18 game winning drives to his credit
  • Colts are 3-3 in the playoffs under Luck and he has made 3 Pro Bowls
Other than that he is just so-so.

• Tannehill was drafted by a 6-10 team and then led them to a 7-9, 8-8, 8-8 record and has never led Miami to the playoffs
  • The Dolphins are 40-42 when he starts
  • Dolphins offense responds better to the backups then Tannehill when they play
  • Tannehill has led the Dolphins to 13 - 4th quarter comebacks and 11 game winning drives to his credit
  • Dolphins are 0-0 in the playoffs under Tannehill and he has made 0 Pro Bowls

i like how you throw that in there for luck but not tannehill, it shows ur agenda...

tannehills #1 receiver for his first few years was brian hartline...brian. hartline.

but yea the colts lacked talent...give me a friggin break

im not sure why people consider Andrew Luck a franchise qb but Tannehill sucks...

Luck
20,870 yards
7.1 avg
59.7 comp %
148 tds
76 int
87.5 rating
166 sacks
76 games played

Tannehill
19,427 yards
7.0 avg
62.8 comp %
114 td
71 int
86.8 rating
224 sacks
82 games played

so if tannehill isnt a franchise qb how is andrew luck one?

It's obvious, they don't know what they are talking about!

Can you WIN an AFC Championship game?
Since 2003 only 5 QBs have won the AFC Championship: Brady(7), Manning(4), Roethlisberger(3), Flaco(1)
So you're going to need a good team and a good game from your QB.

Thats only 4 QBs for one thing. And for another how do you conclude you need a good team when 14 of the 15 AFC championships were won by the super-elite QBs?

if you read above that post was talking about that tannehill wont be remembered as just one of the guys like chad henne or cleo lemon or sage rosenfels. He is clearly the best qb weve had since Marino.
I responded to your post which included Manning and Palmer and Luck. They have nothing to do with the Dolphins and our QBs since Marino.
By the way the bar is pretty dam low since Marino. If you have to compare him to the likes like B Griese, Ray Lucas, AJFeely, Chad Henne to make a case for Tannehill?
Hell if I throw in Fiedler he had 66 TDs in some 59 games compared to Tannehill's 87 in 64 games. If anything Fiedler and Tannehill are much closer productionwise than Tannehill is anywhere near franchise status. I am not saying they are alike but if you start comparing by strictly numbers you are opening a can of worms.

I gave Tannehill a clean slate this year and I was not unhappy the first couple games though the scoring was a concern. I said befre the season that 20ppg will not do it on offense. We have too much talent for that. When they couldn't muster anything on offense against two weaker defenses that was it for me. Giving the game away in Cinncinati is just the topping.

I am not sure how Osweiler will do tomorrow. No idea. But what you saw against the Bears is exactly what Gase wanted to do on offense.

Luck may be one of the most overrated players in the history of the league. Would still love to have him though and if Jim Harbaugh ever comes back to the NFL him and Luck could do a lot of damage.

I hear you, look I think they will look to draft a QB, lets hope
They can identify QB talent better than OL...

Agreed - ultimately it's about scouting and execution because this team is not sniffing a top5 pick any time soon.

im not sure why people consider Andrew Luck a franchise qb but Tannehill sucks...

Luck
20,870 yards
7.1 avg
59.7 comp %
148 tds
76 int
87.5 rating
166 sacks
76 games played

Tannehill
19,427 yards
7.0 avg
62.8 comp %
114 td
71 int
86.8 rating
224 sacks
82 games played

so if tannehill isnt a franchise qb how is andrew luck one?

I think it's worth noting that the difference between the two is how often are you getting passing touchdowns with luck vs tannehill?

Luck is at 1.947
Tannehill is at 1.39

Seems close but over a season you get Tannehill throwing 22 touchdowns and Luck throwing 31.

I'll take those 9 touchdowns. Again, I'm not saying Luck is some mesiah of QB'ing but I think all in all he's a much more aggressive QB with similar arm talent and the kid looks like he grew up in an NFL pocket.

He's done a lot with a little, similar to Tannehill.

Dolphins are going to ride out Tannehill's career until they know for sure he can't get 8 wins.

They know he can't get 12. He might be able to get 10, but they absolutely know he's good for 8.

8 wins is just enough job security for Stephen Ross.

Problem is Tannehill is starting to miss games, he is starting to decline. But Dolphins need to be absolutely sure because of the years and money invested the guy. Plus Ross needs to see that it is clearly over, so it may take another year before pulling the plug.

He’s good enough to manage a game well and give you a chance. With the right cast around him you can go to a SB w him. However, he cannot make a play like Asswiper made on the 2 point conversion. You need a guy who can improvise especially in the RZ. That’s why we have trouble scoring down there - one of the main reasons. It’s time to start the search for the next QB.

Thats only 4 QBs for one thing. And for another how do you conclude you need a good team when 14 of the 15 AFC championships were won by the super-elite QBs?

Re: "Thats only 4 QBs for one thing."
Yeah I must of included Mark Sanchez when writing that.

Re: "how do you conclude you need a good team when 14 of the 15 AFC championships were won by the super-elite QBs"
You don't think you need a good team too? Marino won 1 of 3 AFC Championships, is he not super-elite? If all you needed was a great QB, Marino would have won multiple super bowls, right?

Not saying those guys aren't "super-elite" (except for Falco; if you think he is super-elite, i'll fight you on your front yard), just saying they also had good teams those years. No one player is doing it alone.

Also I feel like the poll is worded in such a way that I can't answer it. It's saying "Did you stop committing murders? Choose YES or NO?". I abstain.

Back
Top Bottom