Tannehill-dolphins Franchise Qb? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill-dolphins Franchise Qb?

Is Tannehill the "answer" in Miami?

• Yes

Votes: 15 14.0%
  • No

Votes: 92 86.0%

• Total voters
Depends what standards are being used. Case in point, Andrew Luck is 1-5.. so clearly he's not a franchise QB who can carry a team either.
Sucking for Luck didn’t seem to pay off. He’s good but has not lived up to the hype. He did lead that one incredible playoff comeback vs KC but he cannot carry his team on his back like Big Ben, Rodgers, Brady etc.

Why do we need to get wrapped up in terms like franchise QB? The simple truth is that if Miami upgraded at the position and had a better starting QB that was more consistent and got more production (as in offensive points) out of the unit, Miami would win more games. Depending on who it is they could win a lot more.

An upgrade is needed.

Sucking for Luck didn’t seem to pay off. He’s good but has not lived up to the hype. He did lead that one incredible playoff comeback vs KC but he cannot carry his team on his back like Big Ben, Rodgers, Brady etc.

thats kind of my point...all the nfl scouts of finheaven say tannehill is hot steaming garbage but act like luck is in the same league as the elite qbs, luck and tannehill are very similar at this point in their career...lucks team is 1-5 right now, so hes not "willing his team to victory" like they all act like he is. Andrew Luck wouldve had worse numbers had he beem drafted by Miami instead of Indy. Dont forget hes played in a weak division his entire career too.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh MAZE ZING question!

Let's check back in another 7 years...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh MAZE ZING question!

Let's check back in another 7 years...

i remember when people here wanted matt flynn, the same people wanted ryan mallet, these are the people who thinks tannehill sucks....they have no clue....

tannehill is average but so are the majority of qbs in the league...everyone thought dak was great a year or 2 ago and now hes just average or dallas fans prob think hes crap

i remember when people here wanted matt flynn, the same people wanted ryan mallet, these are the people who thinks tannehill sucks....they have no clue....

tannehill is average but so are the majority of qbs in the league...everyone thought dak was great a year or 2 ago and now hes just average or dallas fans prob think hes crap

well I was being a tad sarcastic so I don't know exactly where your response fits in.

I'll put it this way -- I'm totally fine moving on from Thill.

well I was being a tad sarcastic so I don't know exactly where your response fits in.

I'll put it this way -- I'm totally fine moving on from Thill.

im ok with drafting a guy to compete, not in this upcoming draft, but yea...

but the tannehill hate has been way overblown for many years now...

i was basically saying the same people who bash tannehill non stop are the same people who wanted to sign flynn anddraft mallet, they really dont have a clue but they act like theyve been scouting players for 30 years

i was basically saying the same people who bash tannehill non stop are the same people who wanted to sign flynn anddraft mallet, they really dont have a clue but they act like theyve been scouting players for 30 years

Got it. Most fans are like me -- greedy!

We want instant satisfaction and championships galore!

But I'm just lookin' for a highly competitive team -- week in and week out -- well prepared, well coached, hard to beat.

Play within your limitations. Don't make stupid mistakes. Don'e beat yourself. And play balls to walls for 60 min.

After that -- I can let go of the outcome...

BNF

The guy is injured and will be out for the next game, possibly the next two or three games. We don't know.
Impossible to answer this question until the end of the year.

So he's played for 7 years but because he's out the next couple of games and this season isn't over you don't know if he's a franchise QB? DERPPP.

thats kind of my point...all the nfl scouts of finheaven say tannehill is hot steaming garbage but act like luck is in the same league as the elite qbs, luck and tannehill are very similar at this point in their career...lucks team is 1-5 right now, so hes not "willing his team to victory" like they all act like he is. Andrew Luck wouldve had worse numbers had he beem drafted by Miami instead of Indy. Dont forget hes played in a weak division his entire career too.
I agree. And I think he’s damaged goods now. Joe Philbin got Tanny and Luck killed.

What a complete load of crap, and totally worthless unfounded post.

The thing I am most looking forward to at the end of this season, is that hopefully we will finally answer this question. Everyone on here surely knows my stance on the man. But hell if Tannehill comes back after a game or two, wins out leads us to a deep playoff run, then it will be hard to argue that he isn't the answer but anything less than that you've got to end this experiment for the health of the franchise.

Luck is better than Tannehill but still like the most overrated player in the league. You’re right people have him in the Brady, Brees, Rodgers category and after 7 years he’s not there yet. Statistically, and this is gonna hurt, he’s more Kirk Cousins and Alex Smith. Not worth tanking for “suck for luck” crowd. In fact nobody is. Most of the hood QB’s were drafted because teams traded up not lost all their games. However, posters will act like tanking is the way.

The thing I am most looking forward to at the end of this season, is that hopefully we will finally answer this question. Everyone on here surely knows my stance on the man. But hell if Tannehill comes back after a game or two, wins out leads us to a deep playoff run, then it will be hard to argue that he isn't the answer but anything less than that you've got to end this experiment for the health of the franchise.

This is it. If we see Ryan again this season this question is unanswered until the end of the season. If he comes back and leads the team in a playoff run do you really move on because the guy missed 3 games in 18? We love to exaggerate and jump the gun so much when it comes to NFL football. Bottom line anyone not at least hoping Ryan comes back and looks great is a complete moron because that is the easiest solution for the Miami Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom