Tannehill During 2016 Win Streak Vs Ajayi "carrying Him"? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill During 2016 Win Streak Vs Ajayi "carrying Him"?

And this was coming off 2015 in which Tannehill led Miami to a 6-10 record against a cupcake schedule which was very similar to the cupcake schedule Miami had in their 2008 season making the playoffs going 11-5.

The two divisions Miami played in 2015 were the NFC East and AFC South.

NFC East

Washington 9-7
Philadelphia 7-9
NY Giants 6-10
Dallas 4-12

AFC South

Houston 9-7
Indianapolis 8-8
Jacksonville 5-11
Tennessee 3-13

and the other 2 teams Miami played outside of their division were:

Baltimore 5-11
San Diego 4-12

That schedule was so soft the Jets were able to muster a 10-6 record sandwiched between 4-12 and 5-11 seasons.

Seriously, how in the world is Tannehill considered to be a leader of this franchise and good QB? Ya'll CRAZY that think so!!

Sorry, Adam, but I literally quit reading your post after that statement at top. If there was something meaningful after that, I guess my loss.... :)
Exactly, that is how over-hyped Tannehill is a QB with some Dolphin fans. The only way to stay in denial about Tannehill being a good QB that will lead Miami to wins is to ignore that the backup actually outplayed Tannehill at his peak.

Imagine that, when your ground game is feared it opens everything up for the passing game and vice versa

Exactly. The Fins were playing good football. Some games Ajayi played great. Other games, he was pretty much shut down (4 of the 7 games he averaged 62yards). One thing was constant though- Tannehill never had a bad game in those 7 wins. Some weren't great, but none were bad.

And this was coming off 2015 in which Tannehill led Miami to a 6-10 record against a cupcake schedule which was very similar to the cupcake schedule Miami had in their 2008 season making the playoffs going 11-5.

Your obsession with a single player is pretty amusing. Still none of those stats and records you are throwing out there mean much if anything in 2018. The team is a lot different now. We will see how they perform on the field. Tannehill is going to be the starter in 2018, no matter how many stats you post. You will either be here at the end of the season to tell everyone that you told them so, or you will disappear if Tannehill plays well while the team wins, or you will actually enjoy the team winning and if Tannehill does play well maybe you will give him a little credit. Only time will tell. Now continue on with your obsession.

Hard to believe that there are people that still don't understand that nobody can win alone in football. It's the most team sport there is. This is not basketball where one guy alone can make such a big difference. Yes I know great players make a difference but we're talking 22 starters and ST's that often have a lot to do with who wins a game. Nobody will carry anybody all the way. In order to win in the NFL you still need a TEAM.

Hard to believe that there are people that still don't understand that nobody can win alone in football. It's the most team sport there is. This is not basketball where one guy alone can make such a big difference. Yes I know great players make a difference but we're talking 22 starters and ST's that often have a lot to do with who wins a game. Nobody will carry anybody all the way. In order to win in the NFL you still need a TEAM.
As I've said before, we need a league where it's only QB's on the field throwing at targets. Some here would be happy that everything was finally all about the quarterback

You are partially correct. For some, it is all about Tannehill when we lose and all about the rest of the team when we win.

I would say that Ajayi's play and Tannehill's play worked hand in hand. An offense that isn't one dimensional is certainly going to be more productive. Look at how Ajayi's #s dropped in 2017 when Cutler and the passing game struggled. I think the running game will be even better in 2018 because IMO overall Drake is a more talented RB than Ajayi. He isn't going to break as many tackles as Ajayi, but he is a much bigger threat in the passing game. Drake is also a bigger threat to break a run for a TD. Also the Offensive Line should be much better. It will come down to how well Ryan and his new weapons play together. If everyone plays to their potential, I believe this offense will score more points than the offense did in 2016.

Back
Top Bottom