Tannehill Finally Has A True Tight End Now!!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Finally Has A True Tight End Now!!!!!!

[video=youtube;bEGuitm67Dc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEGuitm67Dc[/video]

Remember now a little ? I know its hard to remember positive aspects of the last 3-4 years..but Clay has been one of them

Clay is a good player.....no doubt.....but Jordan gives us a real seam and red zone threat.

If he can stay healthy....this is gonna be interesting.

I can see Clay coming back too.

If we get them both....its another position we can avoid in the draft.

im sorry, 2013 was a good year for him, but i lost all faith in that guy. Hes let me down and NOOOO i do not want both of them because i have a lot of faith in sims ability to excel to the next level. If we start clay and jordan where does that leave sims??? no thanks and duces clay, its your fault jordan got signed, how dare you go wine and dine with the enemy and expect us to wait for you...lol

Jordan is a huge signing. now if we can keep clay omg. we will be tough to stop. Jordan is a better rz target than clay, but clay is a play maker to. our 21 personel would be the best in the league with out a doubt

Jordan Cameron is a good match for Ryan Tannehill.

IF Jordan can stay healthy, I would expect him to break the Miami Dolphins single-season record for yards by a tight end (currently held by Randy McMichael; 791 yards in 2004).

Jordan Cameron is a good match for Ryan Tannehill.

IF Jordan can stay healthy, I would expect him to break the Miami Dolphins single-season record for yards by a tight end (currently held by Randy McMichael; 791 yards in 2004).

Clay totally could as well.... he had 759 yards in 2013, his first year really starting and playing for us!!!

so Clay is a great match for Tannehill too!!!

The last time Tannehill had a legitimate TRUE TE It was Dustin Keller, They develop chemistry in training camp then BOOM his knee gets busted and hes stuck with Clay. I never like Clay but in 2013 he had a good year but i was not sold on him yet, i wanted him to do it again then he makes a name for himself, defenses know who he is now so if he could prove to me that he can have back to back good years with us then id be sold on him........... 2014 comes.... clay cant stay healthy for nothing and to make matters worst hes dropping passes left to right all year long to the point Dion Sims is looking more promising then clay. I couldnt stop laughing when i heard clay wanted to get paid on an Elite level. How and why??? what did you do clay to even think you should get paid more then 4 mil a year.... 2015 Thank God we have Jordan Cameron now, A True Tight End who made every QB on the browns look good, He will stretch the field with his speed, he aggressive in the endzone with jump balls, he will cut in the middle of the field not afraid to get contact {unlike clay} and he will block(unlike Clay) with the signing of J cameron we finally are a threat offense, our offense is soo dangerous, Mike wallace always requires a double team, That leave J cameron and J landry 1 on 1 every time...tell me how can any defense stop that? We have lazor as our offensive coordinator he will create magic. I cant wait till Sept. its going down 2015!!!!

[video]http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-2013-elite-performers/0ap2000000310667/2013-Best-of-Jordan-Cameron[/video]
Let's hope this OC is smart enough not to call an underneath pass where the TE has to turn his back on a bunch of rookies (including a known headhunter in Swearinger) trying to prove something during garbage pre season time. Let's actually hope that our coach recognizes that he should not be out there at that time anyway.

BTW I don't know if this was already posted, but the Dolphins are expected to leave the tag on Clay. Maybe they are hoping to keep both, or just screw the bills into paying more. But Cameron, a seam threat, and Clay, more of an H-back or split out and underneath threat, make a nice over under pair IMO. It would mean about 14 or 15 million tied up in 2 TE's and leaves Sims a little out in the cold. Probably just letting the bills pay more because the Dolphins don't have anyone else they want to bother to use that tag on anyway. What do people you think?

Clay totally could as well.... he had 759 yards in 2013, his first year really starting and playing for us!!!

so Clay is a great match for Tannehill too!!!

I disagree. I think Jordan Cameron is a better match for Ryan Tannehill.

- Tannehill is good at throwing direct laser beams, but weak at arcing the deep ball into a bucket (over-the-shoulder go route).

- Jordan Cameron, as a former basketball player, is a good catch radius receiver, and good at catching flat trajectory laser beams, including contested situations.

- Charles Clay is a great athlete, can catch the over-the-shoulder deep ball in stride, but has slightly inconsistent hands. He's dropped quite a few direct throws.

I feel that Jordan Cameron is a better match for Ryan Tannehill's skill set.

Charles Clay's ideal match would probably be a QB that throws beautiful deep rainbows on go routes & wheel routes, with Charles Clay catching them over-his-shoulder, in stride.

Ive wanted a big body receiver that will be a red zone threat.... and somebody you can chuck it up to and trust him to come down and get it. Basically something like this:

[video=youtube;YTv__UgJhMI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTv__UgJhMI[/video]

But those concussions... I think this is a huge risk, I hope we can walk away from this contract after 1 year if needed.

I'm happy getting a pro bowl TE and if we can keep Clay as well it'd be awesome. Think about the mismatch nightmare for the other team. Plus if one goes down you have the other

Ozzy rules!!

Cameron combine numbers:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/jordan-cameron?id=2495267

Clay combine numbers:
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/charles-clay?id=2495139

Cameron out does Clay in every category. He is an extraordinary athlete.

I would not be surprised if they intend to use him lined up outside ala Gronk.... it may even reduce the physical contact potential.

I love this signing.... I just hope he can stay healthy.

I knew Cameron was a good athlete, but those are some damn impressive numbers...

Back
Top Bottom