Tannehill, Gase & Tannenbaum: Epic Failures | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill, Gase & Tannenbaum: Epic Failures

MrChadRico

Super Donator
Reaction score
Hello Finheaven posters, I'm ChadRico, I'm new to Finheaven, I come from another Dolphins message board Fieldchatter.com/Dolphins but our numbers have started to widdle away over the last couple of years, so I'm happy to be joining a more active board.

I have been a fan of the Dolphins since I was 4 years old, I am now 34 and have to say, I have never been so disappointed in the direction of this franchise. I can't remember entering a season with such little excitement and low expectations.

The day we drafted Tannehill, I was very disappointed, I thought he was a massive reach with the 1st round pick, but as any fan would do, I put my theories aside and rooted for Tannehill. Had you told me that day, Tannehill would be our QB for the next 7 years and have zero playoff wins, I would have probably become physically ill.

Watching Tannehill play last night against the Panthers brought back all the same feelings and questions I've had over the last 7 years. Why did we draft this guy? Why don't we bring in a competent QB to compete with him in the off season? Why can't anyone in the Dolphins organization see what so many of the fans can see? Tannehill can't read defenses. Tannehill has awful pocket presence. Tannehill can't deliver in the red zone. Tannehill can't call effective audibles. After 7 years Tannehill hasn't appeared to get any better either.

Many people have blamed last night's awful offensive performance on Gase and the play calling. Awful as it was, a QB with 7 years experience, given the ball inside the 10 yard line should score a Touchdown. On 3rd and goal from the 20, a good QB would not allow his team to run a draw play virtually guaranteeing the drives failure.

The recent "culture change" that Adam Gase and Tannenbaulm have overseen has left our roster in absolute shambles. From over paying McCain to signing aging players like Gore and Amendola our roster is old and has gaping holes at the linebacker positions as well as the defensive line. I understand Suh was being paid too much and letting him go was wise to help solidify the cap situation, but why did we turn around and pay Amendola and Wilson the same money we could have used to keep Landry? Landry was not bad for our "culture" I don't care what Gase says, the guy was our best player and by a large margin.

The VP if Football Operations Mike Tannenbaulm was the worst hire Stephen Ross could have made. I knew the day he was hired, it was basically ushering in the dark ages for the Dolphins franchise. Our team has no future until this rat is fired.

Well that's my 1st post, I hope you guys won't hate me for my opinion, my dream is to see this team win a super bowl before I die, I just don't think any of the guys mentioned in the title will be around here when it happens.

Lol no I've only recently started to feel this way, it was around the time Landry was traded for a golf cart and snackpack. Even last year before the season started I was excited about Cutler, it wasn't until Gase started channelling Chip Kelley and talking about his Culture change that I turned on the front office.

Hello Finheaven posters, I'm ChadRico, I'm new to Finheaven, I come from another Dolphins message board Fieldchatter.com/Dolphins but our numbers have started to widdle away over the last couple of years, so I'm happy to be joining a more active board.

I have been a fan of the Dolphins since I was 4 years old, I am now 34 and have to say, I have never been so disappointed in the direction of this franchise. I can't remember entering a season with such little excitement and low expectations.

The day we drafted Tannehill, I was very disappointed, I thought he was a massive reach with the 1st round pick, but as any fan would do, I put my theories aside and rooted for Tannehill. Had you told me that day, Tannehill would be our QB for the next 7 years and have zero playoff wins, I would have probably become physically ill.

Watching Tannehill play last night against the Panthers brought back all the same feelings and questions I've had over the last 7 years. Why did we draft this guy? Why don't we bring in a competent QB to compete with him in the off season? Why can't anyone in the Dolphins organization see what so many of the fans can see? Tannehill can't read defenses. Tannehill has awful pocket presence. Tannehill can't deliver in the red zone. Tannehill can't call effective audibles. After 7 years Tannehill hasn't appeared to get any better either.

Many people have blamed last night's awful offensive performance on Gase and the play calling. Awful as it was, a QB with 7 years experience, given the ball inside the 10 yard line should score a Touchdown. On 3rd and goal from the 20, a good QB would not allow his team to run a draw play virtually guaranteeing the drives failure.

The recent "culture change" that Adam Gase and Tannenbaulm have overseen has left our roster in absolute shambles. From over paying McCain to signing aging players like Gore and Amendola our roster is old and has gaping holes at the linebacker positions as well as the defensive line. I understand Suh was being paid too much and letting him go was wise to help solidify the cap situation, but why did we turn around and pay Amendola and Wilson the same money we could have used to keep Landry? Landry was not bad for our "culture" I don't care what Gase says, the guy was our best player and by a large margin.

The VP if Football Operations Mike Tannenbaulm was the worst hire Stephen Ross could have made. I knew the day he was hired, it was basically ushering in the dark ages for the Dolphins franchise. Our team has no future until this rat is fired.

Well that's my 1st post, I hope you guys won't hate me for my opinion, my dream is to see this team win a super bowl before I die, I just don't think any of the guys mentioned in the title will be around here when it happens.

I say this in peace since you don't know the culture of finheaven. We get enough negative tannehill threads here to break the internet so this won't be overly accepted well. You'll get a few fans for hating on tannehill and certainly for hating tannenbaum but probably shouldn't have went full negative in your first post.

*disclaimer: this post only applies if you are not a disguised former poster.

Welcome to the site. Way to piss on everyone's cheerios a few weeks before the season opener
Everyone here is allowed to voice their opinion and you certainly have.
Hoping Gase and Tannehill prove you dead wrong. As far as Tannenbaum if he's gone tomorrow it's fine by me.

P

Guess it takes one to know one

Tannehill was playing well before he got injured, though. The cost of trying to find a replacement for him is far higher than the value you would get back, unless you somehow luck into the next Tom Brady, especially when the rest of the team is in shambles.

I also have no problem letting Gase do whatever the hell he wants to try to build 'his' team(though I hope he stops giving away free 10mil checks to his buddies). Either he does great and proves he belongs as a head coach, or he bombs and gets Tannenbum fired even one day sooner. Win-win.

Welcome MrChadRico, and I applaud your desire to jump right in! But, you might consider reading a bit before posting what, for you, seems like a very important and game-changing stance. I'll certainly cut you some slack … but I'd suggest that you'll find this site more rewarding if you get a feel for the place before you "go big" on stuff. People are touchy, and everyone likes who they like, and they come out in droves if one of those people is who you are railing against.

On a side note, if you're going to call Tannenbaum an epic failure in your thread title, double check the spelling first … you're just giving people who dislike your post more ammo. While most here would agree with your sentiment regarding Tannenbaum specifically, its still a good idea, and you're simultaneously insulting three separate groups of people, so expect a lot of negative response. Again, don't get discouraged, welcome to the site, and we're glad to have your thoughts!

Back
Top Bottom