Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career.

McMichael

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Year. Not yest.

Best passer rating by far at 104.5 for the year. Best TD/INT ratio as well.

I know there is still a good bit of football to be played. I really want to see how Tanne finishes the year especially since the games still have meaning.

Amazing how much a few weeks can change things. A few weeks ago Tannehill was basically a walking corpse around here. 99% of us had written him off completely myself included.

He is relatively young for a QB and based on his last 16+ games in my opinion he is now trending up. Yes he has had a bad game or two but overall I am liking what I've seen. I realize just how huge these last 3 games are and am excited to see if Tannehill steps up or not

Last edited:
12-4 record with 3,301 yards, 29 tds and 11 ints in his last 16 games with a 102.6 rating. I'm sure you could replace Tannehill with a younger qb, but it might be a while before you see those numbers again over a 16 game stretch. Sure there are examples of young qbs having that type of season, but it's very rare. I would like to see those same numbers extended over a few more attempts so the yardage number was over 4000 yards, but I'll give up the 700 yards for the 12-4 record every time. Those four loses include two blowouts by the Ravens and the Patriots and two loses this season where the team blew leads in the 4th quarter.

For the record I'm okay with Tannehill going to another team that's in a better position to win now in 2019, and Miami's going to eventually have to start building around a qb 25 years old or younger so it might as well be next year. But for the time being we should just appreciate the 16 game stretch that Tannehill has put together. Nothing like it in Miami history since early Marino and it's not like there wasn't room for Tannehill to improve on those numbers. As good as he's been it's not hard to see him being even better.

Last edited:
Keep him at a lower number next year if possible. 1,000% draft a QB to compete also.
What happens if the QB out plays him in camp?

Does he take over, or does Tannehill start...just because?

12-4 record with 3,301 yards, 29 tds and 11 ints in his last 16 games with a 102.6 rating. I'm sure you could replace Tannehill with a younger qb, but it might be a while before you see those numbers again over a 16 game stretch. Sure there are examples of young qbs having that type of season, but it's very rare. I would like to see those same numbers extended over a few more attempts so the yardage number was over 4000 yards, but I'll give up the 700 yards for the 12-4 record every time. Those four loses include two blowouts by the Ravens and the Patriots and two loses this season where the team blew leads in the 4th quarter.

For the record I'm okay with Tannehill going to another team that's in a better position to win now in 2019, and Miami's going to eventually have to start building around a qb 25 years old or younger so it might as well be next year. But for the time being we should just appreciate the 16 game stretch that Tannehill has put together. Nothing like it in Miami history since early Marino and it's not like there wasn't room for Tannehill to improve on those numbers. As good as he's been it's not hard to see him being even better.

And included in there is the Bengals game we were winning. Tunsil goes out, Tannehill gets hammered repeatedly (and injured), throws two interceptions (including one for a TD).

He’s average at best because of his inability in the pocket to sense pressure and extend plays.

I wish he could sense pressure because then he’d be Aaron Rodgers and we’d be a good team.

We suck in spite of the miracle play.

Little early (in the year) or late (in his career) to change that fiddle. Same course applies, draft talent next year or 2020 and have RT bridge the gap. Then so long.

He’s average at best because of his inability in the pocket to sense pressure and extend plays.

I wish he could sense pressure because then he’d be Aaron Rodgers and we’d be a good team.

We don't suck... we just aren't good enough to win a Super Bowl anytime soon, and will have to learn how to be happy with the wildcard.

Please explain how those last 16 games is suck IYO? Some people never get it. Let’s see what his numbers are without a patchwork oline.

Solid numbers. Gase seems to be using him better this year. I read a stat that the year before Gase got here he had 12 games with over 30 pass attempts. 2016 only 6 and this year only one. Minny is tough at home will be a good year.

So far Tannehill has attempted 19 more passes than Osweiler this season. For Brock to equal Tannehill's current season numbers he would have to go 19-of-19 for 331 yards yards with 10 tds and 2 ints.

Kind of puts in perspective how dumb the "Tannehill and Brock are equal" posts we saw after the Bears game. Thill needs to keep it up. Three tough defenses to close out the season. If he can continue his play, we wont be in the QB market any time soon. We will see.

Back
Top Bottom