Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career. | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career.

I don't care about other teams. Take some time to research quarterbacks who lived up to their contract. Meaning, in their contract years, which is usually a four year span, took their teams to playoffs with consistency, and thus earned their second contract; or took their team to the SB giving the team a basis to stick with that QB.

Go ahead, look them up, and whoever is not on that list, and I do not care how many there are, there can be 30 such quarterback who have not performed on their contract, then all those do not deserve to be extended or given another chance beyond that contract to lead the team. Instead, someone else needs to be brought in for that new four year cycle.

This is not how sports work. Why do you expect something that literally has never been done in the history of the NFL?

What is trollish? Is that some new word they added to the dictionary? Well it's not actually a word in the English language. I looked it up. It is the vernacular the inadequate millennials use because they can't come to grips with complexities of daily life and the only retort is to make up a word to hide their insecurities.

"damn millennials"

senior-adult-elderly-man-relaxing-on-front-porch-picture-id514179531

raving said:
need a top 5 pick or we will suck forever

2008:
1 1 Miami Dolphins Jake Long
1 2 St. Louis Rams Chris Long
1 3 Atlanta Falcons Matt Ryan
1 4 Oakland Raiders Darren McFadden
1 5 Kansas City Chiefs Glenn Dorsey
1 6 New York Jets Vernon Gholston
1 7 New Orleans Saints Sedrick Ellis
1 8 Jacksonville Jaguars Derrick Harvey
1 9 Cincinnati Bengals Keith Rivers
1 10 New England Patriots Jerod Mayo

2009:
1 1 Detroit Lions Matthew Stafford
1 2 St. Louis Rams Jason Smith
1 3 Kansas City Chiefs Tyson Jackson
1 4 Seattle Seahawks Aaron Curry
1 5 New York Jets Mark Sanchez
1 6 Cincinnati Bengals Andre Smith
1 7 Oakland Raiders Darrius Heyward-Bey
1 8 Jacksonville Jaguars Eugene Monroe
1 9 Green Bay Packers B. J. Raji
1 10 San Francisco 49ers Michael Crabtree

2010:
1 1 St. Louis Rams Sam Bradford
1 2 Detroit Lions Ndamukong Suh
1 3 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Gerald McCoy
1 4 Washington Redskins Trent Williams
1 5 Kansas City Chiefs Eric Berry
1 6 Seattle Seahawks Russell Okung
1 7 Cleveland Browns Joe Haden
1 8 Oakland Raiders Rolando McClain
1 9 Buffalo Bills C. J. Spiller
1 10 Jacksonville Jaguars Tyson Alualu

2011:
1 1 Carolina Panthers Cam Newton
1 2 Denver Broncos Von Miller P
1 3 Buffalo Bills Marcell Dareus
1 4 Cincinnati Bengals A. J. Green
1 5 Arizona Cardinals Patrick Peterson
1 6 Atlanta Falcons Julio Jones
1 7 San Francisco 49ers Aldon Smith
1 8 Tennessee Titans Jake Locker
1 9 Dallas Cowboys Tyron Smith
1 10 Jacksonville Jaguars Blaine Gabbert

2012:
1 1 Indianapolis Colts Andrew Luck
1 2 Washington Redskins Robert Griffin III
1 3 Cleveland Browns Trent Richardson
1 4 Minnesota Vikings Matt Kalil
1 5 Jacksonville Jaguars Justin Blackmon
1 6 Dallas Cowboys Morris Claiborne
1 7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Mark Barron
1 8 Miami Dolphins Ryan Tannehill
1 9 Carolina Panthers Luke Kuechly
1 10 Buffalo Bills Stephon Gilmore

2013:
1 1 Kansas City Chiefs Eric Fisher
1 2 Jacksonville Jaguars Luke Joeckel
1 3 Miami Dolphins Dion Jordan
1 4 Philadelphia Eagles Lane Johnson
1 5 Detroit Lions Ezekiel Ansah
1 6 Cleveland Browns Barkevious Mingo
1 7 Arizona Cardinals Jonathan Cooper
1 8 St. Louis Rams Tavon Austin
1 9 New York Jets Dee Milliner
1 10 Tennessee Titans Chance Warmack

2014:

1 1 Houston Texans Jadeveon Clowney
1 2 St. Louis Rams Greg Robinson
1 3 Jacksonville Jaguars Blake Bortles
1 4 Buffalo Bills Sammy Watkins
1 5 Oakland Raiders Khalil Mack
1 6 Atlanta Falcons Jake Matthews
1 7 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Mike Evans
1 8 Cleveland Browns Justin Gilbert
1 9 Minnesota Vikings Anthony Barr
1 10 Detroit Lions Eric Ebron

2015:

1 1 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jameis Winston
1 2 Tennessee Titans Marcus Mariota
1 3 Jacksonville Jaguars Dante Fowler
1 4 Oakland Raiders Amari Cooper
1 5 Washington Redskins Brandon Scherff
1 6 New York Jets Leonard Williams
1 7 Chicago Bears Kevin White
1 8 Atlanta Falcons Vic Beasley
1 9 New York Giants Ereck Flowers
1 10 St. Louis Rams Todd Gurley

2016:
1 1 Los Angeles Rams Jared Goff
1 2 Philadelphia Eagles Carson Wentz
1 3 San Diego Chargers Joey Bosa
1 4 Dallas Cowboys Ezekiel Elliott
1 5 Jacksonville Jaguars Jalen Ramsey
1 6 Baltimore Ravens Ronnie Stanley
1 7 San Francisco 49ers DeForest Buckner
1 8 Tennessee Titans Jack Conklin
1 9 Chicago Bears Leonard Floyd
1 10 New York Giants Eli Apple

sooooo uh yeah.... plenty of great players, and plenty that were so bad they aren't even in the league anymore. a top 5 pick isn't some guarantee to turn a franchise around. Apparently some people are fine with taking the next Jake Locker or Christian Ponder just because its anyone other than RT. All the defensive talent thats gonna be on the board, but nah lets just take any ol QB and fingers crossed

2014:

2015:

2016:

sooooo uh yeah.... plenty of great players, and plenty that were so bad they aren't even in the league anymore. a top 5 pick isn't some guarantee to turn a franchise around. Apparently some people are fine with taking the next Jake Locker or Christian Ponder just because its anyone other than RT. All the defensive talent thats gonna be on the board, but nah lets just take any ol QB and fingers crossed
Personally, I would hold out for the next JaMarcus Russell ! :thumbsup:

Just curious who that is.
To be fair, its not a big number. And its really not difficult to figure out. Just look in every thread, and they pop up. While this team rightfully has given us reason to be a bit negative, I am talking about the few who will be negative all day and in every post.Trying to be negative after yesterday takes effort....pretty much all I am trying to say

2014:

2015:

2016:

People love the draft for 2 reasons:

1. Everybody is chasing the next Brady, Brees or Rodgers.

2. I think it’s easier to talk about building a team than the X’s and O’s of a game. Now I’m no expert at the latter but it’s easy to talk about what a team needs and who they should draft. Right or wrong it’s not like there’s any accountability.

But yes a high pick guarantees you absolutely nothing.

I disagree that we need more high draft picks on the OL. What Miami needs is to be able to identify good offensive line pieces who do not require 1st round investments.

Jesse Davis has looked like that sort of player at times, but needs to show more consistency. As Davis is a converted DL, I think he's certainly worth continuing to develop, but this team needs to radically change the way it scouts and develops OL first and foremost.

I was adjusting for inflation.

Due to the fact we have not been able to draft late round gems on the OL. I figure if we invest a high draft pick, common league consensus could help our fumbling braniacs pick an obvious talent. Let's face it, if Tunsil had not fell in our laps, this OL would be possibly the worst in the league.

This thinking has kept us perpetually average. Each year, we bank on getting key players back from injury without insuring the same problems don't repeat themselves.

This OL has been a problem for over a decade. Just getting people back won't make us better.

We waited for Pouncey to get back. We waited for Albert to get back. We waited for James to get back. We have ALWAYS relied on subpar Gs. Then when we bring in Sitton, we still don't address the long term problem.

What we need is high draft resources spent on the OL. We have suffered crucial and frequent injuries on the OL. Yet, we do NOTHING about our depth. We plug in subpar starters and when they go down, the guys they beat out step up. Which, if you're following, are below subpar.

Yes, Sitton returning will be a tremendous boost. But what we really need to do is double down. Sitton returns AND draft two quality Gs in Rounds 1 - 3.

For one season, we need to not have the ENTIRE success of this team dependent on Gs and the health of interior OL.

This is the epic failure of this Front Office. Not guarding against injury in the most injury-risk positions on the team is an absolute failure.

This year's true possibilities died when Sitton went down. And that was predictable and known by the HC and FO from day one. Not protecting the QB and the success of this team after a decade of the same problem year after year should result in the firing of people in most organizations. Not here.

I agree with all but the "epic failure of the front office" bit.

I am only willing to measure the front offices performance from 2016 on, which is after Gase became our Head Coach. There was so many problems at so many positions that it should have been obvious to longer term Dolphins Fans that not all the problems could not be addressed in a single draft. Even when we did get potentially good players, the unrealistic expectation of instant performance drove many posters to claim these guys were poor selections. This includes Tunsil and Howard and Drake. I have read too many negative posts about these men to ignore the knee-jerk reactions those posts represented.

It is clear to me that many draft picks take 2 to 3 years before they demonstrate a consistent level of skill at their positions. A few, a very few, do seem to click the first year, such as Fitzpatrick has.

So far as I am concerned, when 1/2 or more of a draft class pan out (they perform as well or better then the players they replace) you have had a good draft. I feel we have had 3 good drafts, but won't know how good for another year or two while those draftees develop.

The front office seems to be working well together, which is something many posters say wasn't the case before and isn't the case now. I suggest we let the record of wins during Gase's tenure be the measuring stick. Are we getting more wins now then before Gase arrived? Is this happening under the most adverse conditions the team has ever seen (except for bully gate)? Have we gotten into the playoffs more often then before?
I do not consider buts, ifs or other kinds of Hamster droppings an acceptable basis for argument. Are we playing better? Are we able to come from behind and win? Can we beat winning teams such as the Patriots or the Titans?

For me the answers to all these questions to be yes. This doesn't occur when a front office is an "epic failure" Our current front office is doing pretty well since I became a fan upon Gase's arrival. Whining about the front offices performance doesn't address how they have performed the last three years. I have observed good performance and it seems to be getting even better each year.

Please forgive my extended post, but my observation of the "Front Office" complaints is they do not represent what I have been seeing the last three years and are often weighted down in complaints going back 10 years or more. This and the lack of any rational analytical reasoning is a real sore point with me, and I'm a pretty easy going guy. It takes a lot to get me wound around the axle, but misrepresenting the front offices recent performance is, in my opinion, totally unjustifiable.

Eh no it's not. Be careful with stats.

Injury concerned aside I have always been a true believer in the idea that he is good enough to be the long term solution, but he was pretty off form for a good stretch this year (probably because he didn't trust his knee) and personally I was disappointed with him as I expected better.

But as I mentioned in another thread... Since he came back from his almost season ending shoulder I jury? He looks great and much like the player I expected to see all season

Though even when healthy, much of the roster around him has been an epic fail yet again....cheers Mike and Chris. Maybe 14th year lucky for Grier next year?

Back
Top Bottom