Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career. | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Having Best Year Of His Career.

Maybe you care about that, rankings and stuff. This is year 7 of no results tho. That's the bottom line.
They must deliver on contract, every year. Year in and year out, be a in-the-playoffs contender. He has not done it once in 7 years. How the ball comes out of his hand, how he is tough, none of that matters.

The reason Brady is great is because he delivers year in and year out, in the playoffs. and not because he is better by some ranking than Tannehill.

Right now, we are living in a Tannehill nightmare. No results, for years, after successive contracts, other than looking pretty. He looks pretty.
Brady played well on Sunday. So did Tannehill. We won the game. Which QB played the best?

i dont know if there is a guy coming out to compete with him. unless grier falls to the 2nd, which i doubt due to this qb class. I think they wait until 2020, but that depends on how Ryan finishes the year.
that bs. the only reason front office is keeping thill17 is hope thill17 can save their jobs for now. u can keep thill17 and draft qb in 1st rd next yr for future.
you have 4 qb that is coming out in 2019. that can compete w thill17. if dolphins real want go that route... you just got pick right one.. these qb that are coming out now and next yr are throwing closed to 40 to 50 td a season. teams like k.c, Rams, N.O, PIT, Viking, Dal, LAC,N.E,GB are chance that ring. the dolphins are chance wildcard

Last edited:
LOL dolphin fans gonna dolphin fan. We beat the patriots which is essentially like us winning the Super Bowl and now Tannehill all of a sudden should be the starter for years to come.

Look guys, never making the playoffs but beating the patriots once a year doesn't really cut it for me. I know it does for a lot of y'all but that doesn't buy Tannehill any extra time for me. Need to draft a QB in the first or second this year or next or both.

teams like k.c, Rams, N.O, PIT, Viking, Dal, LAC,N.E,GB are chance that ring.
If that means what I think it means, you are saying Green Bay, Dallas and Minnesota have a chance to win the Super Bowl because of their QBs? It’s probably a bad year to use the Packers as an example.

Yea, it's honestly just very pathetic that these people who don't care for Tannehill will refuse to give the guy any credit and be quick to credit anyone else but.

They're the same ones that want change at the first sign of struggles by any QB. Until this crap of an Oline gets fixed NO QB will succeed to the degree they are wanting.

As an individual, Tannehill has been the best QB we've had since Dan. Just sucks he's been given little to no help on that line.

I'm just glad he's doing well with little that he's got to work with on O. The front office definitely needs to get a QB this Offseason at the minimum to have a better option at backup.

Thank God none of these people run the team.

If that means what I think it means, you are saying Green Bay, Dallas and Minnesota have a chance to win the Super Bowl because of their QBs? It’s probably a bad year to use the Packers as an example.
chancing a ring. minn went out and got qb. GB goal was to go to sb with arron rodger. they just fail to produce. result firing there head coach..

I think we need to be careful. Tannehill has gone from a guy where the majority thought we should move on from after the season (I've been skeptical because of what's available to replace him) to making a case to keep the job. The team can't be willy nilly about this in any direction. Basically don't stand pat with Ryan and no developmental guy and don't just blindly replace him with a veteran free agent. I think we can all see and agree now that the idea that some had on the forum of just rolling with Brock Osweiler next year is ludicrous. While the 2 games before Brock came in didn't make the case I think we can all see that even at whatever percentage Ryan is playing at he's wayyyyyyy better than Osweiler. Whatever your stance Ryan is 30, in his 7th season and injuries are creeping up. The next guy, even if he sits, should be on the radar. Not just anybody though, identify a guy that you have a conviction on and make it happen, History shows us you don't have to suck and get a high pick to do this although the site will be OBSESSED with this anyway. I really have a hard time believing any of the veteran free agent names folks have been throwing around come in here and beat out Ryan Tannehill and nobody can convince me to be worried about the cap after I read CK's (who's a finance guy for his real job) thread on Twitter about how easy it is to overcome the salary cap.

Really, when you look at the rule changes and guys like Brady ,Manning , Favre, Brees, Rivers, Big Ben etc.. They are all playing well into their late 30s even Elway played some great football at an old age.

30 is young for a starting QB. Feels weird to say but it really is now. Ryan could not even be halfway into his career yet if he follows the same path as some of those QBs

He’s average at best because of his inability in the pocket to sense pressure and extend plays.

IMO this is exactly what has prevented him from taking the next step.

For such an athletic QB (speaking pre-injury), he's usually a sitting duck under the face of pressure. He just rarely recognizes (or feels) where pressure is coming from and rarely escapes from it.

As un-athletic as Eli Manning seems to be, we all saw him extend a play in the SB against the Patriots that set them up for the upset (Tyree catch). I can't recall a time I've ever seen Ryan Tannehill make that kind of play despite being a better, stronger athlete.

I'm far from a Tannehill hater. I think he's a pretty good QB when given adequate time to sling it (as many QB's are). But considering his age and tenure in the league, we know he's never gonna develop pocket awareness beyond what we see now.

I'm all for keeping him until a better option can be found. But MIAMI needs to be looking.

IMO this is exactly what has prevented him from taking the next step.

For such an athletic QB (speaking pre-injury), he's usually a sitting duck under the face of pressure. He just rarely recognizes (or feels) where pressure is coming from and rarely escapes from it.

As un-athletic as Eli Manning seems to be, we all saw him extend a play in the SB against the Patriots that set them up for the upset (Tyree catch). I can't recall a time I've ever seen Ryan Tannehill make that kind of play despite being a better, stronger athlete.

I'm far from a Tannehill hater. I think he's a pretty good QB when given adequate time to sling it (as many QB's are). But considering his age and tenure in the league, we know he's never gonna develop pocket awareness beyond what we see now.

I'm all for keeping him until a better option can be found. But MIAMI needs to be looking.

Man...you're not a real Dolphins' fan if you aren't behind Ryan Tannehill 100%. He's all we need.

i dont know if there is a guy coming out to compete with him. unless grier falls to the 2nd, which i doubt due to this qb class. I think they wait until 2020, but that depends on how Ryan finishes the year.

Possible. Still need a competent backup then. It may not be possible but they need to draft a QB annually now.

Back
Top Bottom