Tannehill injury updates - no structural damage | Page 81 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill injury updates - no structural damage

That's correct, I do.

Gase has made some poor decisions (Cutler could be yet another) and has only proven to be a one track offensive minded coach.

Cutler had at least a handful of dropped INT's in '15 (under Gase) that made his statistics and situational play look better than it really was. Chicago was also a run heavy offense and they threw a lot of screens to hide Cutler and his decision making.

So what's better? Signing Kap off the garbage pile and changing your entire offense and still missing the playoffs or signing sugar boy and keeping the rest of the offense intact?

Last edited by a moderator:
So what's better? Signing crapdik off the garbage pile and changing your entire offense and still missing the playoffs or signing sugar boy and keeping the rest of the offense intact?

The reason why Kaepernick isn't on a team is because he has shown that he cannot run an NFL style offense. You don't sign Kaepernick unless (a) you believe he can thrive in the single read offense and you are willing to adjust your offense to that or (b) you already run that style because your current QB can't run a legit offense either.

Everyone gets INTs dropped, everyone has a few that aren't their fault.
My guess is the offensive plan had already been adjusted to limit Cutler's exposure

I wasn't thrilled about Cutler coming aboard, for various reasons...but i cant deny the logic behind it as far as familiar system goes. More and more im getting curious what he can do here though. Chances are it will be the same old Cutler, a few big plays on top of mediocrity and untimely mistakes. But im holding out hope this could be the perfect fit, coach, personnel, etc....would not be the first time a QB has risen from the ashes like this, can think of at least one who went from bum to beast.

Well see, my Bear friends tell me ill be mentality unstable by week 4....good news is ive already got that covered.

That's correct, I do.

Gase has made some poor decisions (Cutler could be yet another) and has only proven to be a one track offensive minded coach.

Cutler had at least a handful of dropped INT's in '15 (under Gase) that made his statistics and situational play look better than it really was. Chicago was also a run heavy offense and they threw a lot of screens to hide Cutler and his decision making.

Cool, then let it be known you are not a supporter or believer in Adam Gase. That's all you had to say, yes you're in the minority, but it wouldn't be the first time the majority of Miami fans misread a coaches potential after a year (Saban).

That's all it boils down to, though I am a Gase supporter and believer. He needs the resources he likes and wants to get his job done (win) and Cutler in this case was that resource. I place Gase's opinion, decisions, and requirements over yours at this point in time, call me crazy. EIther way whats done is done you are just going to have to deal with it. Or you can play Madden and sub in Kap, or Brock, or Tebow, or whoever it is you believe Gase should have picked to get your fix.

The reason why Kaepernick isn't on a team is because he has shown that he cannot run an NFL style offense. You don't sign Kaepernick unless (a) you believe he can thrive in the single read offense and you are willing to adjust your offense to that or (b) you already run that style because your current QB can't run a legit offense either.

Which is exactly my point but sons of shula has been the ultimate advocate for the walking piece of human piece of garbage.

Last edited:
Let's not do the dropped interceptions game when it comes to criticizing Tannehill's replacement, because we sure don't do that when trying to prop up our boy.

Sure it doesn't count as an INT in the stat sheet, but a bad decision/throw is a bad decision/throw. There's no way around debating that.

This narrative that Cutler had his best season under Gase is being way overblown. He was/is still the same sloppy QB he has always been but it was masked by scheme and playcalling.

At this point it's not just about signing a qb in terms of how many games you may or may not win in 2017., you also want someone that allows the rest of the offense to continue to work in the same system so they can at least get some experience and growth from the 2017 season and have it not be a completely wasted season for the entire offense. Players like Parker need experience in the offense they expect to be in during 2018 when Tannehill returns, not wasting time working in Kaepernick geared offense that they have no experience in and will likely be scrapped in a few months when the season comes to a close. You want a qb that somewhat emulates what they will see when Tannehill returns. even if the Kaepernick geared offense earned you one or two extra wins in 2017 in the long run what would be the point if you're going to yurn around a scrap it in 2018?

At this point it's not just about signing a qb in terms of how many games you may or may not win in 2017., you also want someone that allows the rest of the offense to continue to work in the same system so they can at least get some experience and growth from the 2017 season and have it not be a completely wasted season for the entire offense. Players like Parker need experience in the offense they expect to be in during 2018 when Tannehill returns, not wasting time working in Kaepernick geared offense that they have no experience in and will likely be scrapped in a few months when the season comes to a close. You want a qb that somewhat emulates what they will see when Tannehill returns. even if the Kaepernick geared offense earned you one or two extra wins in 2017 in the long run what would be the point if you're going to yurn around a scrap it in 2018?
x2 I believe that was another strong reason why Adam chose Cutler: continuity for the entire offensive group.

Exactly right.

Attendance would have been much higher with Kap. Many would have turned out just to Boo him

Sure it doesn't count as an INT in the stat sheet, but a bad decision/throw is a bad decision/throw. There's no way around debating that.

This narrative that Cutler had his best season under Gase is being way overblown. He was/is still the same sloppy QB he has always been but it was masked by scheme and playcalling.

Of course it is. Because we now have cutler and it's an optimistic narrative. A week ago people wouldn't be touching cutler with a 10 foot pole. Cutlers decision making is one of his worst traits - unfortunately same goes for Moore. At least cutler has starter caliber arm talent (hopefully still post surgery). His middle name should be sloppy.

All I'm saying is in a season where you have no good options, Cutler can at least give you....dare I say....a glimmer of hope. Worst case he's better than Moore for 16 games.

Our qb situation sucks.

Cool, then let it be known you are not a supporter or believer in Adam Gase. That's all you had to say, yes you're in the minority . . .

LOL. Don't fret, it's well documented. I support him but I can't trust a HC who treats the defense like a step child. (Cameron Wake's words, not mine).

He needs to change that before I will ever can.

but it wouldn't be the first time the majority of Miami fans misread a coaches potential after a year (Saban)

Saban is a collegiate coach. That lil' twirp can't cut it on the professional level.

Or you can play Madden and sub in Kap, or Brock, or Tebow, or whoever it is you believe Gase should have picked to get your fix.

I don't play Madden or any silly video games for that matter.

We do not need 50 threads about this. Keep it (and updates) here:

I will update the thread title when we know more.

Personally I suspect that they are just being cautious, but its a big scare

UPDATE!!!

just going on record to say how bad I feel for Tannehill, the guy has worked so hard coming back and this is brutal. Now he becomes a near instant after-thought with the Cutler signing. I hope he sticks around but salary cap wonders and a reduced price will likely need to happen for that to even be possible.

I believe it is a foregone conclusion that he will be getting surgery, I don't see any reality of tannehill, cutler, moore this season.

Get well Ryan.

Of course it is. Because we now have cutler and it's an optimistic narrative. A week ago people wouldn't be touching cutler with a 10 foot pole. Cutlers decision making is one of his worst traits - unfortunately same goes for Moore. At least cutler has starter caliber arm talent (hopefully still post surgery). His middle name should be sloppy.

All I'm saying is in a season where you have no good options, Cutler can at least give you....dare I say....a glimmer of hope. Worst case he's better than Moore for 16 games.

Our qb situation sucks.

Right on. But that's usually what happens when you lose your franchise QB for the season 7 days before the first preseason game.

If you'd asked anyone on this forum a few weeks ago what they thought of our QB situation, I'm convinced most of us would've bragged about how good of a QB situation we were in. Franchise QB back to being fully healthy, poised to have a monster season. Backup QB that's proven to be pretty solid. It seemed almost perfect, especially compared to other teams.

Unfortunately, the worst thing that could've happened to our team happened on Thursday. Hindsight is 20/20, so people will say we should've prepared for this scenario. But I don't think anyone predicted this would happen the way it did, with our QB going down without contact during the first week of the preseason.

It sucks, it absolutely sucks. And yeah, our QB situation is far from ideal, but it is what it is.

Back
Top Bottom