Tannehill injury updates - no structural damage | Page 82 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill injury updates - no structural damage

Right on. But that's usually what happens when you lose your franchise QB for the season 7 days before the first preseason game.

If you'd asked anyone on this forum a few weeks ago what they thought of our QB situation, I'm convinced most of us would've bragged about how good of a QB situation we were in. Franchise QB back to being fully healthy, poised to have a monster season. Backup QB that's proven to be pretty solid. It seemed almost perfect, especially compared to other teams.

Unfortunately, the worst thing that could've happened to our team happened on Thursday. Hindsight is 20/20, so people will say we should've prepared for this scenario. But I don't think anyone predicted this would happen the way it did, with our QB going down without contact during the first week of the preseason.

It sucks, it absolutely sucks. And yeah, our QB situation is far from ideal, but it is what it is.

Spot "bleeping" on!

Right on. But that's usually what happens when you lose your franchise QB for the season 7 days before the first preseason game.

If you'd asked anyone on this forum a few weeks ago what they thought of our QB situation, I'm convinced most of us would've bragged about how good of a QB situation we were in. Franchise QB back to being fully healthy, poised to have a monster season. Backup QB that's proven to be pretty solid. It seemed almost perfect, especially compared to other teams.

Unfortunately, the worst thing that could've happened to our team happened on Thursday. Hindsight is 20/20, so people will say we should've prepared for this scenario. But I don't think anyone predicted this would happen the way it did, with our QB going down without contact during the first week of the preseason.

It sucks, it absolutely sucks. And yeah, our QB situation is far from ideal, but it is what it is.

You're right. That's what happens to ANY team when they lose their starting QB. Look at how sorry the Steelers looked with their back up. Look at the Raiders with their back up. This is not going to be a happy season. Cutler is not as good as Moore in this situation.

Sure it doesn't count as an INT in the stat sheet, but a bad decision/throw is a bad decision/throw. There's no way around debating that.

This narrative that Cutler had his best season under Gase is being way overblown. He was/is still the same sloppy QB he has always been but it was masked by scheme and playcalling.

sure, but then you're going to have to go over all the dropped passes by WR's that were good reads. since we're talking about Cutler, that point is probably moot though.

Of course it is. Because we now have cutler and it's an optimistic narrative. A week ago people wouldn't be touching cutler with a 10 foot pole. Cutlers decision making is one of his worst traits - unfortunately same goes for Moore. At least cutler has starter caliber arm talent (hopefully still post surgery). His middle name should be sloppy.

All I'm saying is in a season where you have no good options, Cutler can at least give you....dare I say....a glimmer of hope. Worst case he's better than Moore for 16 games.

Our qb situation sucks.

Same optimism went for Ryan, his potential was exciting now because of his working with Gase. What if Cutler had another season with Gase right after in Chicago? Ryan under Philbin and Lazor was much different.

Same optimism went for Ryan, his potential was exciting now because of his working with Gase. What if Cutler had another season with Gase right after in Chicago? Ryan under Philbin and Lazor was much different.

Idk what you're asking - if Cutler had another season with Gase we'd have a more matured perspective on what we can expect this year

At this point it's not just about signing a qb in terms of how many games you may or may not win in 2017., you also want someone that allows the rest of the offense to continue to work in the same system so they can at least get some experience and growth from the 2017 season and have it not be a completely wasted season for the entire offense. Players like Parker need experience in the offense they expect to be in during 2018 when Tannehill returns, not wasting time working in Kaepernick geared offense that they have no experience in and will likely be scrapped in a few months when the season comes to a close. You want a qb that somewhat emulates what they will see when Tannehill returns. even if the Kaepernick geared offense earned you one or two extra wins in 2017 in the long run what would be the point if you're going to yurn around a scrap it in 2018?

Those are good points but Miami had a pistol and a zone read package in its offense under gase too. I think it's more you don't want to get away from the pre snap and option route/progression based side of things although I am expecting more predetermined primary throws with cutler. Continuity in the offense is an excellent point

So when is RT17 getting surgery?

I sure hope he gets it soon cause without it I don't see how Miami can feel good about these other rehab options with how quickly it's failed already on us.

Get the surgery done

sure, but then you're going to have to go over all the dropped passes by WR's that were good reads. since we're talking about Cutler, that point is probably moot though.

Armondo had it in his article today, that with WR/Def drops, Cutler would have had somewhere between 28-30 TD's and 15-16 ints. I could live with that but doubt it will happen. He definitely has the weapons, now can he use them. We are gonna find out exactly how good Gase is as a play caller/OC as well. He definitely has his work cut out for him.

One thing is for sure, this waiting to see if Tannehill can come back is gonna suck. Especially when your already expecting the worst.

Back
Top Bottom