Tannehill Is Not Our #1 Issue, Watch What Is... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Is Not Our #1 Issue, Watch What Is...

I don't blame Tanny for the 4th quarter. It really highlighted his inability to avoid pressure, but I'm not gonna blame a QB under that much pressure.

The first 3 quarters however he takes absolute blame for. Protection was fine, running game was fine, and he still only managed 10 pts. That's what the bigger issue was.

The first two plays are from the first play from scrimmage, and the second play is half way through the 3rd Q. Miami's Starting Offense scored 1 time in two games. Plays are being left on the field and instead of breaking down a couple of horrible blocks, I'd rather take the game as a whole, where are the plays being left out there and who's leaving them?

We need better starters and depth on the Oline which has been pretty obvious for years. Oh...and a QB! Unbelievable we are still searching after all these years.
I’m sorry I forgot about a new front office and Head coach. Football gods please help us TY

Tannehill played poorly and deserves blame, but he wasn't the #1 reason we lost, nor is he the #1 reason our offense is sputtering.

Preposterous. This is a prime example of tape guy stuff that would be properly laughed out of the room in any competent venue.

The Cincinnati Bengals were not suddenly a favorite to score 14 or more points in the 4th quarter once Tunsil exited and Sam Young entered. You can attempt all the adjuster-caliber screen caps or videos you wish and it won't be worthy of anything but a howl from a real world perspective.

The tape guys always want to show us something. Great. Just put it out there. But don't attach asinine assertions toward the extreme end of your bias. That's always the flawed tendency...the reason we have desperate claims that Bill Lazor was the worst offensive coordinator of all time and unfairly hindering Tannehill, or now that Tannehill wasn't responsible for this defeat.

Ryan Tannehill made very poor decisions, ones that he typically gets away with, like the two dropped interceptions in the first half. But given a sufficient sample size he is not always going to escape unblemished. This time the bounces were at the low end of the luck variable.

Preposterous. This is a prime example of tape guy stuff that would be properly laughed out of the room in any competent venue.

The Cincinnati Bengals were not suddenly a favorite to score 14 or more points in the 4th quarter once Tunsil exited and Sam Young entered. You can attempt all the adjuster-caliber screen caps or videos you wish and it won't be worthy of anything but a howl from a real world perspective.

The tape guys always want to show us something. Great. Just put it out there. But don't attach asinine assertions toward the extreme end of your bias. That's always the flawed tendency...the reason we have desperate claims that Bill Lazor was the worst offensive coordinator of all time and unfairly hindering Tannehill, or now that Tannehill wasn't responsible for this defeat.

Ryan Tannehill made very poor decisions, ones that he typically gets away with, like the two dropped interceptions in the first half. But given a sufficient sample size he is not always going to escape unblemished. This time the bounces were at the low end of the luck variable.

Love your passion despite your approach. Nowhere did I say Tannehill didn't make poor decisions, is playing well, is a good QB, is our future, or anything like that. I'm actually quite unbiased, unlike many. I merely am giving my opinion based on my perception of the film review. As I stated in my post and in the film, Tannehill played and is playing poorly, it's just my opinion that our OL is playing worse and has more culpability for our struggles. When the OL was intact and playing relatively well, our offense, and Tannehill, thrived (also helped that it was against weaker opponents). ;)

Couldn't 17 take a step to the left it looked like field was wide open gtanted Atkins did get in wuock2

Some QBs anticipate and evade the rush better than others. It helps keep Ds on their heals so they can’t rush as much. Their oline isnt helping, but neither is RT. It certainly goes both ways. With that said, fixing/replacing the oline would give RT more time to make throws. Replacing RT doesn’t fix the oline problem. It’s why I’m not a RT hater. I don’t think he’s great either, but when given time he does well enough.

Love your passion despite your approach. Nowhere did I say Tannehill didn't make poor decisions, is playing well, is a good QB, is our future, or anything like that. I'm actually quite unbiased, unlike many. I merely am giving my opinion based on my perception of the film review. As I stated in my post and in the film, Tannehill played and is playing poorly, it's just my opinion that our OL is playing worse and has more culpability for our struggles. When the OL was intact and playing relatively well, our offense, and Tannehill, thrived (also helped that it was against weaker opponents). ;)

I think you are off base with the title of the thread, that's what people are rightly taking exception too. You always do a great job of breaking down the plays and I for one appreciate your efforts in educating the like of me, who will play the "I'm English" card and don't really understand all the technical stuff of the game, since I've never played it. But even someone with my background can easily deduce that if the offence is not effective the leader of it must take the bulk of the blame and the last two games the leader has done absolutely nothing to help our team. He is the #1 reason why we have been stuck in so much mediocrity these past 7 years.

I think you are off base with the title of the thread, that's what people are rightly taking exception too. You always do a great job of breaking down the plays and I for one appreciate your efforts in educating the like of me, who will play the "I'm English" card and don't really understand all the technical stuff of the game, since I've never played it. But even someone with my background can easily deduce that if the offence is not effective the leader of it must take the bulk of the blame and the last two games the leader has done absolutely nothing to help our team. He is the #1 reason why we have been stuck in so much mediocrity these past 7 years.

That's fair, my title was meant to be an opinion based on what I see. Also, it's based on this season, not the past 7 ;). Thanks for the feedback!

Tannehill's lack of pocket presense means diddly squat in that 4th quarter. Guy didn't even finish his dropback before he was being hit.

Thanks, but I'll stick with tape analysis over the belief in imaginary forces

Love the breakdowns... thank you for all your work on them...

I agree the Oline is our biggest issue on offense .... I also believe RT is not the answer st QB.... once the line is addressed we still need a play maker at QB...

Look if we as fans all see the Oline issues then surely the coaches and QB knows it.... I guess it’s easier said than done but a QB that has athleticism and knows his line is leaky should, after 7 years, have an escape plan... the intangible to get out of trouble...IMO

I don’t think we are bemoaning a loss as much as we are the way the team looks on the field.... they look lost and uninspired.... it’s almost like they are over there heads even though they have played the game most of their lives and practiced all week....

Yeah still nothing new or something we didnt already know, regardless Tannehill still isnt good enough. We just need to re do this whole team and blow it all up and start again, including Tannehill. Wish him well, good dude, Hope he wins a superbowl elsewhere.

it was ugly. You could tell that we were in deep sh... when Sam Young was abused.

What I don't understand is why is it so difficult to have 5 to 9 capable O-linemen...

Tannehill is OK (not great) when given time. But with this O-line ... no chance

Anthony love your work and the effort you put in. Keep it coming bro, helps fill my fins football craving thru the week with some quality stuff!

Your piece was very balanced, with the title clearly stating "Tannehill is not our #1 issue". Nowhere have you absolved RT of any responsibility and you also state in the video that he was responsible for his mistakes.

Just like the 'RT can do no wrong' crowd, there is a 'RT is responsible is for all crowd' . Do people realise there is a middle-ground of shared responsibility? Miami lost because of 2 facts that can't be argued against:

- RT turned the ball over owing to poor decision making under pressure
- that pressure was a direct result of the p*** poor performance by the O line

The second point is a very important one, which Anthony was pointing out. Why are people lambasting him on that point? It is fact!

I see Drew Brees pick up blitz's and get the ball out under intense pressure week in week out. Same for Phillip Rivers.

Tannehill doesn't - because he doesn't read the game well enough, nor quick enough.

Back
Top Bottom