Tannehill Is Not Our #1 Issue, Watch What Is... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Is Not Our #1 Issue, Watch What Is...

You're 100% right. RT is not Drew Brees. He is an average starter who with help or on his day can have a very good game but the overall average of his game over the course of his career is average to above average.

All of the above being said, in the clips that are on this thread, I'm sorry, but on those specific clips, Brees is not making the plays either. The difference is Brees wouldn't have thrown a pick 6!

it was ugly. You could tell that we were in deep sh... when Sam Young was abused.

What I don't understand is why is it so difficult to have 5 to 9 capable O-linemen...

Tannehill is OK (not great) when given time. But with this O-line ... no chance

There may be 2-3 teams with 8 "capable" OLmen. Young may be one of the worst, but getting "capable" OLmen is difficult

Dilfer has a Super Bowl ring and he couldn't clean Marino's jock. Marino, never got the SB, but, he's the greatest I've ever seen. I'll bet Marino would smile if someone told him someone thought he had "fancy pocket awareness."

Pocket presence kicks in when there is a pocket to begin with. Total whiffs by individual members of the OL can't be overcome no matter who you are. Geno Atkins running straight at the QB from the center/guard gap can't be solved by "pocket presence".Yea, the QB is supposed to be able to identify where the rush is coming. But looking at some of these clips; how is Tannehill supposed to know, pre snap, that Atkins is going to blow right by Larsen or Davis with them not even getting a hand on him? Way too many empty backfields with no TEs in to help. Davis and Larsen especially need help. And that's without discussing what happened when Tunsil went out. No chance at that point. Can't cover for 3,4 turnstiles. And then the QB tries to do too much and boom, game over. Tannehill can't play with a terrible line. If he doesn't have confidence in the line, we are doomed before we start.

Back
Top Bottom