Tannehill Kicks Ballage Out Of The Huddle | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Kicks Ballage Out Of The Huddle

Seem uncharacteristic for RT to go off like that, but sometimes an a## chewing is what it takes to motivate.

Having been in charge of ppl, I can tell you that not everyone responds the same way. Some need to be coddled .and some need a swift kick to get the best. The tricky part is knowing which is which. You can destroy some ppl by berating them.

I assume Ballage can take it, otherwise Gase would have made a different comment. I would think that psych profiles are used in the NFL when dealing with 20 yr old millionaires.

I like Ballage. I think this dude is smart and will become a good running back.

I tend to think you don't do this with people you don't give a damn about. RT sees a lot of potential in Kalen.
He probably doesn't give a crap about DVP at this point.

This is great news. We have needed that in our qb's since Dan. Dan use to rip ppl apart. rivers does it now. There is a time and place for it like gase said, but this sounds like ryan is starting to get it. Your QB needs a little bit of ass hole in him.

Seem uncharacteristic for RT to go off like that, but sometimes an a## chewing is what it takes to motivate.

Having been in charge of ppl, I can tell you that not everyone responds the same way. Some need to be coddled .and some need a swift kick to get the best. The tricky part is knowing which is which. You can destroy some ppl by berating them.

I assume Ballage can take it, otherwise Gase would have made a different comment. I would think that psych profiles are used in the NFL when dealing with 20 yr old millionaires.
This is completely true. Some people motivate by a kick in the butt and some by a pat on the back.
My bet is that the NFL is far more kick in the butt personalities.

Thing is you need your QB to be a starter for at least a couple of years so he gets comfortable enough to do that sort of thing... They havent had that kind of continuity at QB for the longest time... On top of that, you also need the QB to feel like the coaching staff has his back... Tannehill now has both those things and you start to see the leader come out...

I tend to think you don't do this with people you don't give a damn about. RT sees a lot of potential in Kalen.

I get the impression most here have played organized ball. And you're right. Coaches (or QBs) jump on guys they see as having potential. Say nothing to those who are already doing their best. In this case, I doubt RT jumped on Ballage for ONE mistake. More likely, this was a mistake that could have been costly. Glad to see RT take control and I'll bet Ballage will respond with more study.

Good lord is this actually a top headline on ESPN?

They must really think Ryan is some sort of clueless baffoon if they think he is starting to grasp a leadership role because of this.

I like how things change sometimes.

I found out about this from Twitter and couldn’t count all the times people wish that Tannehill would do this sort of stuff. Show some fire! Do something! Yet now that this came out those same people are saying that he is a blowhard that hasn’t got the foothold on this team to go and do such a thing.

Smdh, either you want it or you don’t. Personally, I think he has seen enough of the sky from being planted on his ass from missed blocks to let that stuff continue to slide.

By all means, continue. Not going to get your wrist slapped by me for calling a spade a spade...

Back
Top Bottom