Tannehill Kicks Ballage Out Of The Huddle | Page 18 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Kicks Ballage Out Of The Huddle

Ya know Ireland really screwed the pooch in so many ways but refusing to let Clark use us for leverage by informing him that he's no Troy Palamolu whose greatness playing alongside him concealed his deficiencies for years and would get a fair but realistic offer for what he does and does not bring to the party was one of Jeff's better decisions.
Holy run-on sentence Batman!

Are you telling me that any other position than a QB should be held to that high of a standard? No, thats ridiculous. The QB is the single most important/impactful player in the game.

Fins fans are the only ones who revere Reshad Jones. And 1 probowl DE on your team does not equate to success. Having a good QB does. Something we haven't had since Dan retired.

Just looking for a little consistency. None to be found here. Defense suffers from poor LB or CB play and that's who takes the blame. Jones and Wake get credit for what THEY can control. The team agrees and goes out and revamps the CB and LB positions. Everybody cheers. How about we do the same thing on offense? When the OL is the issue and the team attempts to fix it, how about we all cheer the attempt and stop calling putting the blame on the OL (where it belonged) an "excuse"?

"Ryan Tannehill drew a lot of attention when he expressed his displeasure at rookie Kalen Ballage during a team drill and was seen talking to him on the sideline, but the quarterback said "it’s not his style to call out teammates on a regular basis."

Tannehill says "he likes to pick his spots", and the more important point here is that he probably wouldn’t bother trying to correct or shake up Ballage if he didn’t think the rookie could help the team. 8/14/18

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/i-said-it-the-best-quotes-from-training-camp

Last edited:
First and foremost -- you have ZERO clue as to my background nor my professional experiences, which includes owning my own electronic manufacturing firm. So please -- keep the base corp motif "leadership lecture" on the sidelines.

This is FOOTBALL. It's not a boardroom. And Thill is NOT a C Level exec.

Very poor analogy IMO.

The NFL (on the field etc.) is more comparable to a military environment.

Either way -- I'm not a fan of leadership via ridicule -- or in some way portraying yourself as a bully. Tho of course
in many authoritarian structures (as in the corp world in many environments) that's precisely what it is...
So the corporate world is an authoritarian construct.... but the military isn't?

Alrighty.

Funny how some people don't understand the simple concept that football is a team game. Especially in the NFL where coaching and players surrounding the QB mean the difference between being an average team and a playoff contender. If the QB position was the only one that meant as much as these people seem to believe. Shouldn't Dan Marino have at least one ring? Shouldn't Rodgers & Brees have multiple rings? Why did if take the awesome Peyton Manning until his 9th season to win his first Super Bowl? Why hasn't Philip Rivers won a playoff game in the last 5 years? Many people drool over guys like Matthew Stafford and Derek Carr but why hasn't either won a playoff game? The "great" Matt Ryan "choked" on his chance at a ring after it took him until his 9th season to get there. By the way Tannehill has been in the league for 6 season and played in 5. Some people don't seem to understand that you don't count a season before it has even been played :rolleyes:. Yeah QB is the only thing that matters in the NFL :rolleyes::thumbsdown.

I don't think anyone is anointing Tannehill an elite QB. However most people should understand that you need to have good coaching and surround him with a solid supporting cast. Give a QB that much to see if they are good enough to help your team contend. IMO Gase is trying to build on what they did in 2016 with a few tweaks to hopefully improve the roster to where things run more effectively. 2017 was a disaster on many levels and should be taken for what it was. Time to move on and see what the team can do in 2018.

Least shocking post ever.

You have not posted one positive thing on this forum in over a year and a half. Not about the QB, not about Gase, or the RB, or the O-line, or anything. I looked. I got back to January of 2017, and nearly set myself on fire. So I stopped.

We get it. For you, everything sucks, all the time.

Amusingly, you even ripped Aaron Rodgers's O-line at one point. That was awesome.
Thanks for the research, another one for the list!

15/20, 195 yards and 3 TD's, that's the standard Ryan Tannehill set for himself the last time he stepped onto a field.

So yes, please god give us the exact same Ryan Tannehill we saw last play for the Miami Dolphins.

Funny how some people don't understand the simple concept that football is a team game. Especially in the NFL where coaching and players surrounding the QB mean the difference between being an average team and a playoff contender. If the QB position was the only one that meant as much as these people seem to believe. Shouldn't Dan Marino have at least one ring? Shouldn't Rodgers & Brees have multiple rings? Why did if take the awesome Peyton Manning until his 9th season to win his first Super Bowl? Why hasn't Philip Rivers won a playoff game in the last 5 years? Many people drool over guys like Matthew Stafford and Derek Carr but why hasn't either won a playoff game? The "great" Matt Ryan "choked" on his chance at a ring after it took him until his 9th season to get there. By the way Tannehill has been in the league for 6 season and played in 5. Some people don't seem to understand that you don't count a season before it has even been played :rolleyes:. Yeah QB is the only thing that matters in the NFL :rolleyes::thumbsdown.

I don't think anyone is anointing Tannehill an elite QB. However most people should understand that you need to have good coaching and surround him with a solid supporting cast. Give a QB that much to see if they are good enough to help your team contend. IMO Gase is trying to build on what they did in 2016 with a few tweaks to hopefully improve the roster to where things run more effectively. 2017 was a disaster on many levels and should be taken for what it was. Time to move on and see what the team can do in 2018.
The very definition of irony: fans of the team Marino played for, placing all the blame on the current QB for the team being mediocre.

Unbelievable.

Maybe they weren't around for the 17 year long lesson on how elite QB =/= elite team?

I'm sorry but if your dad really did this it is sick and an absolutely terrible way to be a parent

Physically beating your children to teach them a lesson? please tell me that's a joke....

Spanking a 4 year old toddler with your empty hand is one thing.....beating them with a "switch"? disgusting.....

Who said anything about a 4 year old toddler. I was a smart ass kid deliberately breaking rules just to see how far I could push it. I didn't do much wrong since those days. I learned early and " crime and punishment".

Back
Top Bottom