Tannehill Kicks Ballage Out Of The Huddle | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Kicks Ballage Out Of The Huddle

yelling at a rookie for a mental mistake seems like low hanging fruit

I have heard that learning NFL protection schemes is difficult

This is completely true. Some people motivate by a kick in the butt and some by a pat on the back.
My bet is that the NFL is far more kick in the butt personalities.
You would think so. I know every coach I ever had in HS, and college, without exception was a hard a$$. The guys that couldn't deal just kind of fade away. There were guys who were just so talented that they got somewhat of a pass though. I doubt that happens in D1 or the pros though.

Thing is you need your QB to be a starter for at least a couple of years so he gets comfortable enough to do that sort of thing... They havent had that kind of continuity at QB for the longest time... On top of that, you also need the QB to feel like the coaching staff has his back... Tannehill now has both those things and you start to see the leader come out...
Excellent point about the coaching staff. Philbin would never have backed him up.

Good lord is this actually a top headline on ESPN?

They must really think Ryan is some sort of clueless baffoon if they think he is starting to grasp a leadership role because of this.
IDK, because I refuse to give that crap network one minute of viewing time, or a click.

Has Tannehill earned the right to do this yet? Has he reached this status as a QB?

Depends. First time mistake? OK. Second time? WTH. Third time? Woodshed.
May also depend on the error. Run the wrong route equals incomplete pass. Miss a block and I(QB) get injured

May also depend on the error. Run the wrong route equals incomplete pass. Miss a block and I(QB) get injured
Apparently a blown assignment to block Harris off the edge. In a game, a sack would be the best outcome. A career ending hit .the worst. In any case, now is the time to correct the problem. I'm sure 17 didn't go off if it was the first time.

Maybe Dan's been in his ear and maybe he figures his career is on the line with how he and his team play this year. I don't think he liked sitting out all those games and doesn't want to happen again. Either way, if Ballage can't take a guy like Tanny yelling at him, that's soft. I'm sure it's blown way out of proportion by the media because it's the Dolphins. Solid QB's give players grief all the time for not doing their job and I'm all for it

Tannehill's career is on the line. A missed assignment in a real game can end it. I don't see the problem here.

Plus we can’t keep letting these mental mistakes continue, that’s what keeps killing the offense. I don’t think it was a coincidence on the same day Parker was getting an ear full from Gase.

Back
Top Bottom