Tannehill Kicks Ballage Out Of The Huddle | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill Kicks Ballage Out Of The Huddle

Maybe if we did this more often we would have less stupid penalties.

He's only had one half of of a season of above average play
So he’s not allowed to demand more from players?

Some people before would rag on his leadership or fire or whatever and now we get an example of it and some are saying he hasn’t earned that right. Make up your f***ing mind peope

So he’s not allowed to demand more from players?

Some people before would rag on his leadership or fire or whatever and now we get an example of it and some are saying he hasn’t earned that right. Make up your f***ing mind peope

The last time he showed leadership in practice, he got lambasted on Twitter and in here. It was Grimes wife with the start of her Twitter campaign against Ryan. The thing about a practice squad player messing up a walk through. Was that the year before Gase got here?

The last time he showed leadership in practice, he got lambasted on Twitter and in here. It was Grimes wife with the start of her Twitter campaign against Ryan. The thing about a practice squad player messing up a walk through. Was that the year before Gase got here?

There was nothing leader-like about that rant, as I believe he acknowledged and apologized for. This appears to be a completely different situation and approach by Tannehill.

Honestly I like ballages potential but I follow him on Instagram and he does seem to have a lot of immaturity issues. I know he really is just a kid to us old guys. At the same time I'm not young rich and semifamous

He's only had one half of of a season of above average play
And maybe if he took to task all the OL men for making him piss blood and receivers for running bad routes and not fighting for the ball, that wouldn't be the case! !!
I just watched Hard Knocks where 1-31 Hue Jackson told his coaches, mostly Todd Haley that he's the one sitting in the decision-making seat. Maybe he should have just shut up ya think??

He never did that to one of those O-Line turnstiles that got him crushed. Never to lazy ass Julius Thomas, or DVP and his "minor injury" facade. Never did it to Jarvis Landry for turning a + play into a loss of down or negative play. But he jumps all over a poor rookie who was one of the bright spots in the preseason and is just learning how to play in the NFL. Good job Qb1. pffffftt

Football is a very physical game. Players tend not to respect soft-spoken leadership styles unless it is backed up with strong play and strong confidence. Players want their QB to take charge. If Tannehill takes the "that's OK, you'll get that block right next time" approach all the time, he will lose the respect of the other 9 teammates on the field. THEY may not want to let Ballage know he needs to learn his blocking assignments before he worries about catching the ball and being the hero … but they definitely want Tannehill to make sure he is completely aware of it.

As @J. David Wannyheimer said, it's not something you do the first time. But if it continues to be a problem, it needs to be called out. I expect the same thing to Gesicki when he avoids blocking. The team demands that everyone be assignment-sound. With rookies and young players (like Cordrea Tankersley and Jesse Davis), there are going to be mistakes, and it is part of the learning curve. But, when they keep making that same mistake … not making sure they fix it is simply not caring that they fail to make the team. Ballage's roster spot is NOT set in stone. He was drafted to be a 3rd down back and special teams ace, which means picking up pass protection is THE skill he needs to show. If Tannehill just takes a 'not my problem' approach … Ballage may get cut. This may be what Ballage needs to get his assignments right.

yelling at a rookie for a mental mistake seems like low hanging fruit

I have heard that learning NFL protection schemes is difficult

Nope! We have an undisaplined team. Last year our offense was the worst in the NFL in penalties. Something has the change the mental break downs on this team. This was overdue. I bet it was orchestrated by Gase.

Last edited:
Maybe he should have asked him if he needed a time out, offered him a juice box and a cookie. Jesus, my dad kicked my aas when I ****ed up, and actually had me cut the "switch" he was going to beat my ass with. I learned real quick. Can we PLEASE stop raising a generation of pussies?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom