Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014 | Page 26 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Tannehill on a shorter leash for 2014

The Miami OL played pretty well the 2nd half of the season including manhandling our excellent DL TWICE.

1st 8 games:
289 pass attempts, 35 sacks. 1 per every 8.3 attempts

2nd 8 games:
299 pass attempts, 23 sacks. 1 per every 13 attempts

1st half record: 4-4
2nd half: 4-4

yeah we really manhandled your dline in the finale...ha ha...you guys have never had a high level consistent pass rusher on the edge ...so that's not anything new...but we didnt manhandle you guys in the finale up front...good grief

Well...lets see Ryan, first of all Green Bay wasn't even in the top ten in sacks allowed in 2010 (the year they won the Superbowl).

They gave up 38.........20 less than the 2013 Dolphins.

Second, 2010 was Aaron Rodgers 9th year playing the QB position (3 years in college, his 6th in the pros) or 6th year as a starting QB if you want to quibble.

2013 was Ryan Tannehill's 3rd full season playing the QB position.

So, despite suffering 20 more sacks than Rodgers...you expect a QB with half the experience to be as polished?

Tell me again about the common denominator?

Wasn't Tannehill recruited to Texas A&M as a qb, and he wanted to convert to WR when he wasn't getting playing time at QB and then converted back to QB as a JR?

ok yeah 10-6 and i think that only got em in as the #6 seed...but i do remember rodgers was getting killed early that year...oline definitely the elephant in the room...remember thinking rodgers will never last with all that contact...hard contact too

---------- Post added at 11:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

like i said no football common sense...he can shove that red herring crap up his ***

you probably based that off the one game against Miami where he was sacked 5 times in 33 attempts. he actually got sacked more the 2nd half of the year.

---------- Post added at 11:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

yeah we really manhandled your dline in the finale...ha ha...you guys have never had a high level consistent pass rusher on the edge ...so that's not anything new...but we didnt manhandle you guys in the finale up front...good grief

we don't have any Wake's rushing the passer but as a team we got after the QB most of the year. In that week 17 game not only did you run it well on us but the QB had all day to throw all game long.

you probably based that off the one game against Miami where he was sacked 5 times in 33 attempts. he actually got sacked more the 2nd half of the year.

no i saw rodgers many times that year getting earholed...but i just cant be sure if it was the superbowl season or one the year before or after...rodgers was getting nailed though...and they righted the ship later in the year when he got back his starting left tackle clifton...i wanna say that was the super bowl year

but i'm also too lazy to verify :lol:

Wasn't Tannehill recruited to Texas A&M as a qb, and he wanted to convert to WR when he wasn't getting playing time at QB and then converted back to QB as a JR?

Yes...but in actual college and pro experience...he played WR until halfway thru his junior year.

So 2013 was only his 3rd full year as a starting QB at the college and pro level.

Also, in 2010 Rodgers was only sacked 31 times in 15 games he started....versus RT being sacked 58 times in 16 games.

I hardly see those as comparable, nor the experience level of the QB.

no i saw rodgers many times that year getting earholed...but i just cant be sure if it was the superbowl season or one the year before or after...rodgers was getting nailed though...and they righted the ship later in the year when he got back his starting left tackle clifton...i wanna say that was the super bowl year

but i'm also too lazy to verify :lol:

2009 and 2012 he was sacked over 50 times, you could be confusing that year for 2010. I'd like to see the pressure #s more than the sack #s.

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

Yes...but in actual college and pro experience...he played WR until halfway thru his junior year.

So 2013 was only his 3rd full year as a starting QB at the college and pro level.

Also, in 2010 Rodgers was only sacked 31 times in 15 games he started....versus RT being sacked 58 times in 16 games.

2009 and 2012 he was sacked over 50 times, had a worse D and similar run games.

how come Ryan gets the experience excuse and Mark $anchez didn't? he started less college games than Ryan.

Junc has been pushing this "talented team" around Tannehill for awhile now. I think he's trying to convince himself the Dolphins' QB isn't any good.
Lol. as if I'd worry about what he thinks about our Qb. He's trying to convince himself tannehill is horrible, while still trying to convince everyone that Mark sanchez is legit.

i will say one thing about rodgers though...he was pretty adept at getting out of some things...some jail breaks nothing he could do but he could work the pocket pretty well even then...he also sat for a few years before he even ever started though...so his first year as a starter in the pros would basically be like tannehills 3rd year...

and yeah that matters...rodgers also started at least 3 years in college as i recall...so when you add up the college starts the pro time he got to sit and learn there's nothing to say tannehill can;t be on a similar path...

He was sacked 16 times in the first 8 games and 15 times in the last 8 games.

People who think that Rodgers was sacked a lot in the first half of 2010 and then a lot less in the second half of 2010 are probably thinking of 2009, when that was absolutely the case. It was due to personnel on the OL coming back from injury late in the season.

That said, stop making things up that sound great in your head but aren't factually accurate. I go out of town for a few days on a business trip only to come back and find people pulling poop out of their rancid buttholes and pretending it's factual evidence. Good grief.

So he was in fact a qb more then 3 years? You are right though there is no comparison some QBs continue to make plays in the face of pressure and some don't.

Lol. as if I'd worry about what he thinks about our Qb. He's trying to convince himself tannehill is horrible, while still trying to convince everyone that Mark buttfumble is legit.

That's just not true and I've never said Ryan was bad or wouldn't succeed. I can't help it if the truth bothers you.

my tiny mistake but he was not sacked in 3 games the first half of the year, he was sacked in every game the 2nd half. sorry I was off by a sack in the totals, this proves how great Ryan tannehill was despite all the sacks!:lol:

He was sacked 16 times in the first 8 games and 15 times in the last 8 games.

People who think that Rodgers was sacked a lot in the first half of 2010 and then a lot less in the second half of 2010 are probably thinking of 2009, when that was absolutely the case. It was due to personnel on the OL coming back from injury late in the season.

That said, stop making things up that sound great in your head but aren't factually accurate. I go out of town for a few days on a business trip only to come back and find people pulling poop out of their rancid buttholes and pretending it's factual evidence. Good grief.

I will take your word for it I'm on my iPhone and don't have the patience to look through that year and break down when he was sacked. I do know he was sacked 8 times in the post season and the pressures, knock downs and hurries were significantly higher.

I will take your word for it I'm on my iPhone and don't have the patience to look through that year and break down when he was sacked. I do know he was sacked 8 times in the post season and the pressures, knock downs and hurries were significantly higher.

I already posted the #s, he was heavily sacked in 2009 and 2012.

Back
Top Bottom